My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
My X500 with 48" deck did well with the Gator blades on my 1 acre flat lawn. Produced a somewhat finer chopped discharge which is what I was looking for. In Michigan here so we get the wet spring too often with too much time between cuts due to rain and very soft ground. What I ended up doing was to run the Cyclone Rake with every cutting unless it was in the driest part of the season. Got the best the Gator blades could offer, and the cleanest cut lawn thanks to the CR, as if vacuumed. Maybe my imagination, but weeds were also noticeably fewer.

But now I am in the country with 4+ acres to mow so the CC ZT2 with 60" deck is used, but it leaves some of the heavier spring growth clippings behind. Recutting heavy areas or the next cutting usually takes care of the dead stuff, but you learn to appreciate the acres instead of a manicured patch.

I believe that Oregon's web site has a blade selector to help narrow down the various Gator applications. It is best to have all your existing blade measurements written down as well as the hole size and shape. If it is a star hole, how many points on the star too. Length, width, thickness of steel, etc., should be known to get the match up.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts