My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,592 Posts
I suggest the G-5 Gator Blades vs the G-3. I have used on my Cub GT2000 for 4 years. The G-5 blades have the high lift and work fine when I bag and have a great throw. They last 3 times as long as Cub OEM blades and cost about 1/2 as much. The Oregon website has a place to enter your current equipment or oem part number for a Oregon Blade number. Also ok for mulching if grass is not very high.
Which deck do you have? I have the 48" fabricated on my GTX 2000. I tried Gators last year (G6's), they unfortunately were not a good solution for me. They left a TON of grass caked to the underside of the deck, and would have clumps of clippings falling off onto the yard, like if I ever stopped moving or had to shut off the deck. This is with Cub's mulching kit installed. With Cub's OEM mulching blades, deck buildup is much much less, and there's no clippings clumps falling off.

It was a surprise to me, as I've had great luck with Gators on other tractors in the past. But this particular combination was not a success, sadly. So I went back to the OEM mulching blades.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts