My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im always amazed at what people do with these machines and there are plenty of unique things you can do with these tractors. so what does your power king, jim dandy or other economy tractor do?

my 75 mows the lawn, plows/ snowblows, york rakes and totes the car trailer around when it has to be moved someplace else. the 71 has been in the woods for the last few days hauling wood and pulling logs around getting ready for winter. the 71 will hopefully plow this year. now that i have made a 3pt adapter i can use the york rake on that too now. it has also moved the car trailer a few times since i got it. just a side note the trailer is 1 1/2 tons and last few times i moved it it had my brothers 4 cylinder demo car on it, i dont know how much that weighs.

·
Registered
564 Posts
The better question is, what doesn't it do. :fing32:

·
Tractor enthusiast
158 Posts
My 9 hp '53 economy does most of the work around here. No mower deck for it or tiller but other than that it is the primary worker. Plow lots of snow in the winter, works op the garden in the spring, hauls water in the summer, does less in the fall but is still used for whatever we need power for. Here's a few pics of it at it's tasks.

I don't have a pic of it plowing snow but there is one of it setup with the plow.

DSC_1565.jpg

DSC_1964.jpg

DSC_1968.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

·
Tractor enthusiast
158 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Trailer mule, fence puller, grass cutter, kiddie ride, trail breaker, etc. Once I finish the FEL, the list will go on and on.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The better question is, what doesn't it do. :fing32:
If that was the question I think we can all agree that the lists would be a lot shorter.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Right! I, for instance could not pick up a 450lb concrete block with the loader and back up the hill, even with wheel weights and the tiller attached. That's all I got so far.

·
Still plays with tractors
2,290 Posts
Since this site is not exactly picture friendly (I know several way to attach pics and all have bombed this morning) I'll post separate posts I guess. Here we are removing what little snow we get around here.

100_2350.jpg

100_2353.jpg

·
2,290 Posts
Helping to move the old shed and build on. Acting as a saw horse, holding one end of the board, etc.

100_1813.jpg

100_1841.jpg

100_1868.jpg

·
2,290 Posts
They help with firewood too.

Attachments

·
2,290 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How much weight do you have hanging on the front? Do you have any pics of how its set up?

I know a lot of pk owners have seen this, that said not many have posted. Whether it goes to shows or you use it everyday, once a month or not at all share your storys and what you have used them for or plsn to use them for

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
All joking aside, I wonder if thats where the song came from.... "Jim Dandy to the rescue"?

·
2,290 Posts
Here's one of me using the PK to haul wood into the basement.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here's one of me using the PK to haul wood into the basement.
So do you use that to haul wood? I remember seeing the beaver pulling wood on your picsa site. I know what I would use

·
2,290 Posts
The Beaver isn't a real cold weather tractor so I usually do the first fill up with it before winter sets in and then use the PK throughout the winter. It's usually warmed up from plowing anyway. I usually park the Beaver for the winter instead of trying to get it started.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Also winter kid transport as well as tow truck..

And note that the beetle has no front end under it. A little over 500 pounds on the lift.:praying:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 118 Posts