My Tractor Forum banner

What does this fit 42in. plow

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  knucklebuster283 
#1 ·
Hello, I'm usually on the WheelHorse forum. Two weeks ago I traded a Huskie LT with a blown motor for a WheelHorse slot hitch plow, and the gut threw in this JD 42 in. snow plow. He had no idea what it was off from. Any ideas on what tractor it'll fit and what it's worth would be helpful. Thanks.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
We have a Model 43 blade on our 110, but it looks a bit different than Knucklebuster's. One thing I notice, is his doesn't seem to have the same lock that prevents the trip springs. Ours is on the top, his appears to be on the side. Hmmm?

....Any pics of the bracket, or the model# for this blade.
Here are some pics of our 43 blade. Now, what you need to understand, is ours is mounted on our '66 110 Round Fender. The early Round Fenders took a Model 42 blade. The 43 blade was designed for later Square Fender 110s (and other models). So our 43 blade attaches to the Round Fender with a special adapter bracket.

Also, the 43 blade is only 42 inches wide.

#6 ·
I think there are 3 types of handles for tripping the 43 blade. The one on top like UT's and 2 that are on the right side. One has a T handle and the other more of a bent L shaped. I have 3 43 blades. 2 with the t handle and the other with the L shaped one. I'm guessing the a matter of when the blade was manufactured. I would guess the one on top would be the earliest design as I think that is how the 42 model trips.

#7 ·
Thanks for the replys all. I see from both Sand's pics and UT's, I have two issues with this blade. 1, no attaching bracket,2 the bracket on the blade itself where the lifting links attach is broke @ the pin hole. Explains the extra chain on the left side. Not sure what I'll do with this now. I can fix the lift bracket, but without the attaching bracket what good is it. Thanks again and have a very happy new year.:dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.