My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Learning as I go along
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seems like I am always asking for help.

A neighbor left this at my driveway for me. We live on an unpaved road and I have a couple of small tractors. I believe he is sending a message/asking a subtle favor. Can I do some grading on our road?

I am happy to oblige him, I just don't know if this will go on anything I own without modifications. That's fine too; I just don't know what I have. I can not locate a product number anywhere, so any help from the collective wisdom would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
I'm straining to see the picture??
We need model # of your craftsman along with a picture as well. Or do you plan to put it on the Powerkings?

·
Learning as I go along
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
D-Dogg, sorry you had to strain. I went back and added the pictures. The first time I did not save them correctly.

My Craftsman (model 917.259542) seems too small, 15.5 hp Kohler, and 42" cut. I don't use it for more much more than a mower. No insult to its abilities, it has been my primary mower for many years.

I could use this blade on my PK 2414, it's the largest of my fleet. I have not been able to find a PK blade in my area. I was thinking about using it as a mid mount grader blade, but don't know if it would be strong enough for that.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
well on a heavy duty level, its pretty good. the lawn tractor model plows had one trip spring, while the garden tractor models had 2

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
That seems like a higher end craftsman blade. I'd guess it was intended for GT class machines for sure.

Do you have a picture of the PowerKing's front end?

I think you could adapt it without too much work, but then you said you didn't want a lot of modifications.

·
Finally at 1k!
1,518 Posts
I think you should make it so it mounts to the frame of the tractor.
Like the wheel horse plows.

·
Plowboy
91 Posts
If you are just wanting to grade a road why not just get a long flat piece of steel or a long 4x4 piece of wood and just drag it up and down the drive. Add weight as needed It will be easier.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sold one just like it about 8 months ago. It was for my 97 Craftsman GT. I can find the manual if you like but, it won't give you any info on other tractors.

·
Tractor hoarder/collector
2,456 Posts
I just traded one just like that(or just like that in memory atleast!!) and it was for a GT6000 craftsman!!! mine had like 2 brackets that hooked it on to the tractor...and mine had a fancy squeez handle that released the swivel(not sure how to turn it from the seat though)..... I never used it but intended to....Decided id just use my good ol trusty SS18!! She treats me right!!

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,265 Posts
I think you should make it so it mounts to the frame of the tractor.
Like the wheel horse plows.
I think this plow may have been made for the long rear mount to bolt to the rear hitch. Fits newer craftsman GT seres (i think)

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Craftsman used that blade for years. I have one that went to my GT5000.

James the rear part of that blade hooks to the deck lift. That is how you lift it.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,265 Posts
Craftsman used that blade for years. I have one that went to my GT5000.

James the rear part of that blade hooks to the deck lift. That is how you lift it.
I see I see...

·
Learning as I go along
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
The weighted steel beam has been discussed. We just have not found one yet. The road is limerock, so it is hard in places. Not sure how well the beam would knock down the high spots. But it's worthy of a try.

Charles, I sent you a PM about the manual offer. :thanku: I think some parts may be missing, so the manual may help. I believe my Craftsman is too small for the blade, thus why the mod idea for the PK.

Here is a front shot of the PK (with mule drive attched). It seems that the mule drive could be removed, and the blade attached under and raised with the impliment lift. I am going to ask for some photo of a blade on PK forum and see how different they really are.

Attachments

·
Tractor hoarder/collector
2,456 Posts
What about mounting this to the "3point" on the PK??? My pk has that cross bar hitch type on the back(i call it a 3point yes I know its not) that comes factory on them....mount the beam to that and then you can push it backwards and then still swivel it and maybe not have to mod much at all....Just a thought!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts