My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Sorry , but I disagree with you folks. You stated that the "choke and throttle" are frozen. That could easily be interpreted that the problem is either rusty linkages or cables, easily cured with some WD-40, and I'm sure that's what the buyer expected. I would be ticked off too.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sorry , but I disagree with you folks. You stated that the "choke and throttle" are frozen. That could easily be interpreted that the problem is either rusty linkages or cables, easily cured with some WD-40, and I'm sure that's what the buyer expected. I would be ticked off too.
"For parts, both the choke and throttle are froze up
Part is used"

As stated it is for parts not usable as is.

Thanks, Nate

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Regardless how someone perceives “choke & throttle are frozen”, the issue is that it was stated in the auction, the buyer insists it was not stated, thus he was intentionally mislead, which he was not. Then, the feedback that he left was in regards to an email I had sent telling him how to clean it and unfreeze it, thus making it rebuildable. He thought I was lying to him about that and took it as a "rude" email.

I have cleaned many of these, it was a salvageable item, I just don’t have the time to do it. And, for the record, it could be done without WD-40 or any other expensive solvents. If anyone is interested, I can make a video showing how to do this.

Rule of thumb when buying on eBay or any other place where you cannot hold the item in your hand: “Read the description and ask questions.”

21 - 23 of 23 Posts