My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
put it in the mud
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was in school today and i told my friend that we should have a pulling contest when i get my tractor running and you know i got a 990 with no rear wheel weights and its got a front weight bar with only 25 pounds on it. and hes got an 85 c20 with a 14 bolt dana 60 posi rear end and a 4 speed tranny and a little stock 305 and decent treded tires so my question is who do you think whould win if both of use were chaind up and we both pinned it haah

:bannana:

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Are you familiar with the expression "hold my beer and watch this"? Being still in school, maybe not. Usually uttered just prior to being taken to the emergency room.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Also heard in another common arrangement known as "Hey y'all, watch this!"

I truly hope that you are just joking.

·
Tractor Junkie
547 Posts
Factoring power & weight I think you will be dragged backwards!

·
put it in the mud
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahah yea im gonna still try it but ill tell you guys how the out come is lol

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
hook 10 990s with wheel weight and I think you will win. Low gear of course. why dont you cahllenge him to tilling or mowing?

·
15,000 +posts!
20,428 Posts
My money is on the Chevy,sorry...a C-20 of that vintage weighs about 5600 lbs empty,if its a pickup..with that granny low first gear tranny and probably at least 4:10 rear end gears,he'll drag ANY garden tractor around like a tinkertoy..

I've pulled a Trojan 1700 series loader that weighs 20,000 lbs out of the mud more than once with my '77 K20,and it had a TH350--in low range,with a 400 V8 and 6250 lbs of truck,you'd be surprised what you can move..I saw a guy pulll a dead kenworth and a 53' trailer 1/2 mile to a parking lot with a basically JUNK F-350 Ford 4x4 one night,using low range,and he only had a 351W in it,with a C-6..

·
Registered
5,524 Posts
For the 990 to have even a snowball's chance in ****, the chain would have to hook below the height of the 990's axle otherwise the Chevy is just going to lift the 990.

·
Tractor Junkie
547 Posts
Squirt some oil under his tires while hes not looking!

·
Registered
2,477 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
:ditto:
This is natures way of thining the herd. A pickup vs. a garden tractor. if "both of use were chaind up and we both pinned it" you could get killed. Don't do it! :tsk:I'm 42. so I guess I forget what its like to be invinsible.:1106:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts