My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I spend most of my time over on the green side but I found this 442 on CL and I think it's cool and looks stout. But I don't know anything about them or the case GTs for that matter. What do you guys think, good deal? POS? Need input cuz I'm clueless.http://bellingham.craigslist.org/grd/3768104859.html

·
Registered
82 Posts
Looks to be in decent shape, if it runs good that seems to be a good price. I would definatly be checking it out, could always offer less and see if they take it.

·
That Guy
1,162 Posts
As a 70 it does not have the quick attatch system and thus finding impliments for it could be more difficult.

Your best bet is to look for a 72 or newer.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Gratnted its older but as it comes with a snowcaster and deck you may well be set depending on what you want to do with it, a great candidate to restore and still be functional. Attachments can still be found such as a front blade, if there were no attachments included the then I would shy away as you won't be able to use newer attachments BUT there are conversion kit to add the Snap Fast attachment system to the tractor.

I would "snap" this tractor up in a heart beat if if was closer, love the older ones and the price is good!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
As a 70 it does not have the quick attatch system and thus finding impliments for it could be more difficult.

Your best bet is to look for a 72 or newer.
I can't tell from the photos if the tractor has been converted to quick attach or not, but the deck and mule pictured is a quick attach.

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys that's why I come here :fing32: I would have had no idea about the attach system and how it works with the age of the tractor. Ill talk to them and try and go look at it this weekend. All I have to do now is get north past the I5 bridge that just collapsed into the skagit river a mile from my house.:banghead3

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so some other questions:fing32: do these have sleeve hitches? Can I plow with one and does anyone make a sickle bar mower for it? I don't know why but for some reason I want to put one on a lawn tractor.

·
That Guy
1,162 Posts
They'll take a hydraulically operated sleeve hitch, and it is a beast of one... I'll check and see if I've got any pictures of the one I had on my 444. If I do I'll post them.

As for the sickle bar mower- I am sure there was one- I'm sure I have seen one... I just don't remember where.

·
That Guy
1,162 Posts
Well the tiller is in the way, but this should give you an idea of how solid the sleeve hitch is.

Also, the rear PTO is hydraulic not shaft... the hoses connecting the tiller to the tractor are the PTO. Just in case you didn't know. These machines are definately unique. I miss mine- but it was a better project than workhorse.

·
Registered
128 Posts
T2e_C16h_y0_E9s2_S9_LJGBRYe_F5_l_Dg_60_57.jpg

Here is a picture of a sickle bar mower. These are very hard to come by. Mid-mounted, attaches to snap fast system and operates off the front PTO. It has its own dedicated hydraulic pump.

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks again I learn new things every day on here. That is a beefy sleeve hitch wow. Now just have to get the time to look at it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts