My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might go look at this tractor. I am wondering what the general opinion of this is. I'ts a 4211, don't know the year. Was told that it is not a hydro, I am looking for a geared model, and that it runs and cuts great. Not so worried about the cut. Would use it to tow the boat around the yard (16ft aluminum), a trailer, and maybe find a plow for it. I'll use my Broadmoor for lawn duties.

http://lansing.craigslist.org/grd/1870742231.html

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think if you are moving up frrom a push mower, they're great! If I recall they only have a sheetmetal tab with a hole in it for a hitch, good for a yard cart and not much else.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Why don't you just use the one you just bought? I pull an all steel car trailer around the yard with my Agco 918, with no problems. I made a hitch for my legacy, that can be used even with the grass system on by removing the center bag.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It will plow snow very well with chains. I preferred plowing with a geared tractor vs. a hydro when I used 4211 models (I used to run 4 of them). The most I ever towed with one was a 17 cu. foot lawn cart full of pea gravel, and I don't know how much that weighed, but it was plenty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts