My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I have to ask,I see alot of talk about peoples restored mowers etc,my question is what do you do with them after you fihish them? obviously too big to put on the mantle over the fireplace. I di a quick clean up and rattle can paint job it, on a mower about 5 years ago that some one gave me to use at my house, only did it because it sat outside for 5 year under a pin oak tree and it really looked like crap. Are there hows other than pulling that you go to?

·
Premium Member
9,669 Posts
I am kinda wondering about this also. My 12 X 24 shop is only big enough for two mowers (Red and Hulk) Now I have BMP, Hulk has been moved to the Pool storage shed temporaly. My option is to expand the 12 X 24 shop to a 24 X 24 shop, but then what happens when I out grow that?

·
TE Writer!
1,732 Posts
I use mine all the time, like ridin' in style.. maybe park it in the front yard like the ******* hill rod i am, and show it off a bit....and i do actually have people that stop.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
seems like the tractors mutiplyed faster than the sheds.so havent had time to totally restore any trac,s back to new condition.have all back to running .can,t wait to get another shed to put the ones i have outside covered.they look much better covered in a new amish shed.rough cut pine lumber smells good to.new 12by 20 will be coming soon.i guess someone has to keep these machines from the scrap heap.hate to see pot metal being returned for real metal.that will be three 12by 20,s and i don,t think that.s going to be enough.where did all this stuff come from anyway.i hope the old lady doesn.t wake up one of these days.man am i gunna be in deep do.do.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I have 2 sheds that have to hold everything. So between the 2 snow blowerss, the walk behind mower, trimmers, chain saw, garden tools generator, spreaders, sweeper, and a host of other "stuff" I can only have one tractor at a time. I'm on my second restore, and like the first, it will get used like any other tool I own.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
I'm starting to have your problem,,but not quite yet. I still have enough room in the garage. I don't put them back to work,,,but do hit some tractor shows.

When I run out of room,,,something going for up for sale,,,and do it all over again. lol

I figure,,all the time spent to restore,,might as well get paid for it while it still looks good.

·
Premium Member
9,669 Posts
Definately need a shop expansion. My shins are pleading with me for more walk way.

Attachments

·
Small Engine Collector
239 Posts
We've all got the same problem, to much good stuff and not enough room. All 12 of my tractors are stored out side. But I do wrap the motors with a garbage bag and wrap them tightly with a tarp. The way I do it every things stay like they were kept inside. The only thing is most of my tractors dont look so great because the previous owners left them outside. A couple more weeks and my shop will be up!

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
After you restore one, you use it to clear a spot and use it to help build a building for the NEXT ones.
Here is a picture of my wife's 12 X 20 chicken coop being built in my "shed".
Yes that is a Ford post hole digger hanging from the second floor walkway.

DSC_0053.jpg

The frame of the building was all welded. The only nails are in the second story floors.

It will hold a LOT of GTs'.

·
Premium Member
5,946 Posts
Go big if you can afford it or fix what you have. Storage is always a problem. We plan to rebuild the other half of the old chicken barn(2nd pic). The 3rd pic is the end we aready fixed, it looked about the same. The Farmall H in my avatar was parked in the barn(2nd pic) when this pic was taken.

Attachments

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,157 Posts

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
Does anyone park theirs in the living room? Spiffy coffee table!
We do, It is the best looking thing in the house. Plus the ol lady can wax it while watching TV. :thThumbsU

·
Premium Member
5,946 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts