My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago I posted that I had discovered a Rangemaster and some attachments. I was asked to put a few pics on here so you guys can see and tell me what I have. I know I have a disk, blade, breaking plow and cultivator. I don't know if the rest of the stuff goes with it or not. The big 2 bottom breaking plow, I believe, goes to a A John Deere tractor. Any help figuring out what the rest of it is would be appreciated. As I mentioned the first time, all of this is for sale. I live in Northwest Tennessee....so it may be to far for many. But thanks in advance for the help. I took several pictures so I put them on Flickr for everyone to see. Here is the link http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157624854170923/ :thanku:

Attachments

·
Lindeman crawler fan
2,701 Posts
Thanks for putting up the photos of your Ridemaster. It makes it a lot easier to tell exactly what you have.

My copy of the engineering changes list ENC #7887 for serial # R-5254 on 12/24/51.
It list ENC #8176 for serial # R-5351 on 2/18/52.

So your serial number R-5262 would have been built in early 1952.
It would have had a Wisconsin AKN engine, 5.50-16 front tires and 4.00-12 rear tires.

The disc, grader blade and single bottom plow are Ridemaster implements.
The rest of the implements that you have are not for the Ridemaster.
The 4-tine cultivator is very interesting but it isn't a Ridemaster attachment.

Obviously, you're missing several parts but what you do have looks to be in good condition.

Hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
The 4 tine cultivator, the parallel shields, the 4 wide shoe cultivator blades, and at least some of the odd frame parts probably all go together to be a one row cultivator like one to be used with tobacco. The 4 tine portion hung behind the rear wheels to plow up the tire tracks. The 4 individual wide shoes may have attached to the framework pieces you have. The parallel shields would have hung from the framework between the wide shoes to protect the plants as the cultivators passed by on each side. By the color I assume JD, but Oliver may have also had a cultivator tractor or an independent company could have been producing implements to fit a variety of tractors. Why so much protection for the plants you're cultivating, you ask? With tobacco the leaf is the whole crop. Protecting those leaves was the bottom line. But then, I could be wrong.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the help. I believe most of the equipment is John Deere. My father loved the old green and yellow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts