1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and kids bought me Oscar H. Will's book, "Garden Tractors",
Product Details
  • Hardcover: 128 pages
  • Publisher: Voyageur Press; First edition (February 15, 2009)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0760331960
  • ISBN-13: 978-0760331965
  • Product Dimensions: 11.1 x 8.6 x 0.6 inches
  • Shipping Weight: 1.8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
  • Average Customer Review: No customer reviews yet. Be the first.
  • Amazon.com Sales Rank: #334,050 in Books (See Bestsellers in Books)
What a GREAT book. I've read it cover to cover since Sunday and I love it. Lots of good info, especially for Cub owners, as the book has a very well researched timeline on the Cub Transition from IH to MTD. Just about everything I've ever heard of is represented here including some stuff I've never heard of from turn of the century. I think every self respecting GT enthusiast should have a copy of this book.

Speaking of which, if anybody has links to other Lawn and Garden power equipment books or magazines, please post them as there appears to be a shortage of them out there.

Happy Fathers Day to you all.

Attachments

·
Tractor Junkie
547 Posts
:trink39: My kids gave me a 4 pack of Channel lock pliers

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got Liberty and Tyranny by Mark Levin.

Scott

Looks like my kind of book. There's also a new one out by Dick Morris called "Catastrophe" and it looks like a sizzler.

·
Registered
292 Posts
this was my 1st fathers day and while your gifts sound nice imo mine was the best : i got to relax and just do what i want all day and spend time with my fiance' and my baby girl I cant get enough of her shes growing quick was born 3lbs9ounces now shes 7 1/2 months and 16lbs and always wants to be by me . sorry if it seems like im bragging or if it bores some of you but i dont do it much so i had to i have a great fiance' and perfect lil girl both are healthy. thats the best fathers day present i could get

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
3 of the cutest hand made Father's Day cards.

My wife got me the new tool chest a couple of months ago.

·
Sparky
297 Posts
this was my 1st fathers day and while your gifts sound nice imo mine was the best : i got to relax and just do what i want all day and spend time with my fiance' and my baby girl I cant get enough of her shes growing quick was born 3lbs9ounces now shes 7 1/2 months and 16lbs and always wants to be by me . sorry if it seems like im bragging or if it bores some of you but i dont do it much so i had to i have a great fiance' and perfect lil girl both are healthy. thats the best fathers day present i could get
You are not bragging at all. My little girl is 19 mos. and I am starting to miss the days when she was that small.

·
Registered
590 Posts
i got to be king of the castle for a day, and a 1959 david bradley suburban that my wife quickly claimed. so my real gift is that i get to share my love of garden tractors with my kids and now my wife also.

·
an effin canadian
549 Posts
nothing. I called my dad(s) seeing how i don't have kids yet!

·
Banned
2,286 Posts
a 1968 wheelhorse commando 8...to play with/restore. calls from my three oldest, and the company of my youngest and my wife. a great day!

·
2-stroke exhaust junkie!!
442 Posts
My model 7263 lawnboy that's in my avitar. Been looking for one for a while, just like the one Mom and I bought my dad for Father's day when I was 6. I got it a few weeks ago but it was labeled as happy father's day. We grilled 3 racks of ribs, fresh corn and spent time with my girls (12 & 16) and my dad. That was the best part!

·
Registered
968 Posts
We moved into our new house on Saturday, so I guess I got a new house for father's day.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
A Black & Decker 18v. rototiller from my wife.and an auto rewind hose reel from our son. Hey Ken N Texas, did anyone give you some paint for the barn ??:ROF

·
Registered
678 Posts
I got 2 International Harvestor T-shirts and 1 John Deere T-shirt from TSC and a framed portrait of my family drawn by my 5 year old daughter. Then they left me alone for the rest of the day and I spent the day on my boat fishing.:thThumbsU

1 - 20 of 43 Posts