·
Premium Member
6,570 Posts
Pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I went to get my Husqvarna from the shed and found it with one flat tire and one low tire. The tires had needed air every few weeks this past summer. I hate to have to air up tires before I mow so I took them off and put tubes in them. I should have done all 4 but the others are not leaking yet.
Cannon

·
Registered
88 Posts
Replaced the muffler on my Ariens S-16H, and then cleared the driveway with the 48” 2-stage Sno-Thro. Sure wish I had a cab though!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I broke it!

384E654F-BE40-47CD-8DBF-DDA102DE2F20.jpeg

·
Minding my P's & Q's
2,043 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I tried to move my trailer full of motorcycle parts.

E76D69EF-A03A-4FA6-83F2-F5A6C6E33127.jpeg

Unsuccessfully.

517BD086-F5AE-409C-9D45-1580796482A1.jpeg

Reactions: B440

·
Premium Member
4,710 Posts
Cut and hauled brush. Brushhogged my county road frontage with my Swisher Rugged cut. Good day and plenty of seat time.

20200320_160352.jpg

·
Registered
65 Posts
Turns out my son has taken a liking to the Springfield too. He asked for a tractor ride so we took a few laps around the block Saturday. No pics there, sorry!

Then we used the Springfield to haul sod while digging some garden beds with him on Sunday.

IMG_6187.jpeg

I absolutely adore this little "tractor." If I could find one of those incredibly rare 32" decks and a spare 5hp Briggs vertical engine I'd be totally satisfied.

IMG_6189.jpeg

Reactions: Steve Urquell

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I worked the dickens out of my Ford today. I've been clearing part of my property since we moved here four years ago, and today was the first day I've been able to drag my home made "harrow" over the entire thing, which I did for a couple of hours. I'm thinking my next move is to rent a York rake so I can clear sticks and rocks and FINALLY sow grass seed. I'm especially excited to do that because four years ago it was woods consisting of small bushes and trees up to maybe a six-inch trunk diameter, and this little Ford LT12.5A is the largest piece of equipment I've used in this project. I cut down the trees with a sawzall connected to a generator and pulled the stumps with a series of cables and pulleys, first with the Ford and later for the bigger ones, an electric winch.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
This was this evening's couple of hours with the Ford, <iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Borrowed a drag and spent about an hour rewelding part of it before I used it this morning. then I dragged it around with the Ford to smooth out the cleared area that i've been working on for 4 years...and finally tomorrow I should be able to spread some grass seed out there.

·
Registered
176 Posts
So far today, I've used my 1650 Bolens (Bolens 1050 with a 16 hp briggs Vanguard V-twin) to move my 249 Pontiac straight eight out of the back yard and into the driveway so a potential buyer can come look at it. I used the same tractor a few nights ago to move my '51 Chevy Sedan Delivery out of the hole it was in.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
After days of dragging a harrow or a drag I gave my Ford an easy task today. I mowed my lawn,,,,,after taking a sledge hammer to the mower deck to straighten the massive dent I did in it while dragging said harrow and hitting a small stump a few times.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
And today I swept the grass/weed clippings with the Ford, and was quite disappointed when a new ignition switch didn't prove the old switch to be the problem with no spark.

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
This week I got my first GT, a 2013 Cub Cadet GTX 2000, with a 48" fabricated deck. It seems to be in great condition, and only has 65 hours. It replaces my mid-90's Craftsman LT.

I've been going through some stuff on the machine, draining down the over-filled fluids, greasing the fittings, etc. I'll change the engine and tranny oil and filters soon.

Today it got its first use, even though it's not anything impressive or exciting, vs what folks around here do with their equipment! But I used it to move my utility trailer around, after loading it up with a tree I cut down last year. I was happy to see that it easily pulled the trailer up the incline in the yard. My LT got stuck last year, trying to pull the loaded trailer up that spot. I tried pulling it up the driveway as well, which is steeper. No issues, I just heard the engine and tranny load up a little.

I had to replace my LT's geared transmission a few years ago. It will be a nice change to not have to worry about whether I'm overloading the tractor. The hydro, beefier deck, power steering, and tighter turning radius, are also very nice upgrades.

1801 - 1820 of 1834 Posts