My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1802 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well there are a lot of brand specific forums that have a thread for what you used your tractor for today. But why not have one in the backyard round table so people can see how many different machines get used daily.

I'll start it off, yesterday I used the MTD with the blower to clean both drives and the street as well as moved all the snow right next to my house and a path along the low areas to avoid water in the basement from the 5ft drifts around the house. I then fired up the JD 165 and hooked the trailer up and dug my Ford RMT 66 out of the snow and into the garage.

Today the tiller is getting installed on the Ford 100 and the Ford RMT 66 will get some attention. Need to haul more firewood to the garage so the JD will also be fired up again today.

What have you done with your tractors today?:rauch10:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Where I'm at in Michigan we got about 16" of snow today, needless to say the mower deck (from test fitting) was pulled back off the lgt 18h ford and the plow and rear counter weights were put back on! Guess I was a lil too optimistic to cut some grass! Hahaha

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Nothing today. Sunday I found that my planned garden area is far wetter than I thought, and I got stuck a few times pretty badly. So, I plowed the alternate garden area (AKA the yard) with minimal drama yesterday.
Now I just need a disc to finish it, and then I can run the planter over it.

·
Premium Member
9,207 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Well, this might be a bit off this topic....it leans more to what I did TO my tractor: Repaired a leaky front hydraulic line, reinstalled a loose steering quadrant bolt, installed new wheel studs, reset the tie rod for correct toe, rewired the dash (all new wire and new connectors), installed new key switch and (finally) reinstalled the engine.

·
Registered
361 Posts
:howdy: Nothing to cold and wet. We are about 20 to 30 degress below normal for this time of year. But my tractors are ready to go when it does warm up, to clean up the property from winter debris.:smilie_fl

·
15,000 +posts!
19,659 Posts
Used my SS-12 yesterday to push 3" of slush off the driveway,before the temps dropped overnight to below freezing ,it would have frozen solid and taken forever to melt if I hadn't....finished JUST before a heavy downpour of rain came down for a good 15 minutes too,it was drizzling the whole time I was plowing,it had snowed overnight ,then changed to rain here...driveway is bone dry now...:D...glad I dont live where my sister does 65 miles north of here,they got 16+" yesterday!..:eek:...

I spent most of the afternoon after 3 pm sitting next to the wood stove in my garage,my coveralls were sopping wet by the time I finished plowing,I sat there and steamed till they dried off!...I probably will regret using some very old stale gas in my tractor yesterday,it was all I had on hand and didn't feel like going to get fresh gas,being broke....

I used the tractor a few days last week to drag fallen trees to the pile to be burned or cut up,still have a ways to go on that job...like WEEKS,a lot of trees and branches came down the past month or two in the blizzards we've had since February here..I'll probably have to drag a chain link fence panel around on the lawn when spring finally comes too,my chains and tires and the plow did a number on the unfrozen ground....:(

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Used the JD to plow the driveway where it drifted in again today and got the Ford RMT 66 into the garage so it can thaw out before I start working on it.

·
Premium Member
7,896 Posts
I've been nice to my GT this winter. The only work it's seen is hauling firewood once every week or two. Got a new walk-behind snowblower (as a backup), and never got motivated enough to clear out the garage to install the blower on the GT.

Anyway, I've been keeping up with the sticks on the lawn, but the amount of stuff down in the woods is staggering. It's all small stuff, but could keep my kids busy cleaning that up all spring.

I need to take some trees down (before they fall down), so the party will be over soon enough for the tractor.

Mike

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well the MTD took a beating today cutting through the 1-4ft high rock hard drifts on the street and the driveway from the storm that pounded us with minimal snowfall but very high winds. Still got two other streets I may go clear if I can get the ambition to get out of the heated garage and back onto the tractor. Till then the ford 100 still needs a few odds and ends fixed so I may just stay warm and tinker on it

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
First thing this AM went and cut a load of dried Locust firewood with my New Holland
S-14 and trailer while the ground in one of the pasture fields was still frozen,then used the Massey Ferguson 1650 to pull the wood splitter around so I could split the wood.Used the Deutz-Allis 20HP Ultima to feed the hogs,goats,Rheas,chickens,pheasants,geese, turkeys etc.,also used it to get some kindling.Used the JD 445 with the loader to push up some brush plus get a couple loads of rotted leaves to put on the garden with the side dump trailer.Not a garden tractor but used the Oliver 1365 to haul 3 wagon loads of hay for the goats and cattle from a place I rent about 3 miles away from my farm.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Used the MTD to do some more snow removal to prep for the quick warm up and high risk of flooding. -10c sure felt warm today, next to no wind and sunny sky's. finally the forecast is calling for above freezing temps, But with the amount of snow this year it's gonna be a rough spring

·
Premium Member
9,207 Posts
Still working on removeing the concrete (last year cuttings) from BMP's deck. Finally had to break out the power washer.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Probably jumping the gun, but took the blower off the GT6000 after work tonight. I hope we don't have any more me a measurable snow until next year. I like the blower alot, but not enough to want to put it back on. With the temps being above normal the past couple of days, I hooked up the box blade and flattened out the driveway. Sure was nice to get a little relaxing seat time in.

·
Premium Member
9,207 Posts
Probably jumping the gun, but took the blower off the GT6000 after work tonight. I hope we don't have any more me a measurable snow until next year. I like the blower alot, but not enough to want to put it back on. With the temps being above normal the past couple of days, I hooked up the box blade and flattened out the driveway. Sure was nice to get a little relaxing seat time in.
Better check the long range forcast!!!! I think your blower removal is the cause of FREEZING temps in Texas right now! :crybaby:

·
Premium Member
7,896 Posts
Moved more firewood, drove the kids around in the cart a few times. Built a new tent cover on the swing set fort, used the tractor/cart for cleanup. Would have also used it to carry the tools, but it's really dirty from firewood, so I used the SUV... :hide:

Mike

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Sorry, Larry. If by taking off the blower caused your freezing temps, its only because I wanted you to sample what northern Iowa weather is like. LOL

1 - 20 of 1802 Posts