My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I had the great idea of enlisting my d140 lawn tractor to work pulling a 400lbs plaster mixer to mix concert. But it did not end well for the little guy. Half way down the pasture I was driving and look back to see no mixer! Ha:sidelaugh It was too much tongue weight for the little hitch as it bent it real good ha. It wasn't a good day for the mixer either. I put it away last year running and good shape. But this year It did not want to stay running. After replacing the spark plug a cleaning it out with no avail, I decided to ditch it and go the old wheelbarrow and shovel route.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Tried out a new T-Post puller that I found on amazon. Spray painted it with marking paint, highlighter orange. I seem to lose all my tools out in the pasture or in the dirt so Ive gotten into the habit of spray painting them all with bright orange. This T-post puller was designed to work with a chain or rope setup. Works well if your a one man operation, as you don't need someone to hold it while you raise the bucket. This setup the bracket encompasses the T-post unlike other pullers that are open faced.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I purchased the Red Brand Woven Field Fence, 330 ft. L x 47 in. H from Tractor supply. I'm using the field fencing by a road as is not as prone to cow's trying to step though barbed wire. I roughly unrolled and fought that 190LBS roll weaving it around trees and T-post as I didn't have a clear shot. I did have gravity on my side going down hill. Looking at the positives!

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
It been raining here in Georgia for the past 3 days, So I took the Johndeere down to the creek to see how my cattle blocker was holding up with all the water that I've gotten. Still holding up pretty well. Ill need to clean the debris out and drive the post down a bit further in the creek bed. I ordered a the Mansaver post driver this month. I take that down there and try to drive the posts in more with air compressor driver. I'm going to try to get video of it in action.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Had the JD help me set up this new gate area. Also used the tractor to stretch the fence, dig the holes, and bring over the heavy fencing supplies.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Georgia.. I can feel your pain, Last fall I installed a fence around my yard (much smaller than what you are fencing in) so the dogs had a nice secure area to play. I did it exactly like you are with the same wire and everything. I also used my John Deere ( X585) to assist with the fencing .... I wrapped the beginning and ends of the fence just like you did, actually it wasn't too bad to do...
Great post I enjoyed reading it and watching your progress.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Georgia.. I can feel your pain, Last fall I installed a fence around my yard (much smaller than what you are fencing in) so the dogs had a nice secure area to play. I did it exactly like you are with the same wire and everything. I also used my John Deere ( X585) to assist with the fencing .... I wrapped the beginning and ends of the fence just like you did, actually it wasn't too bad to do...
Great post I enjoyed reading it and watching your progress.
Thanks, Glad to hear. I didn't think anyone actually followed the thread or other folks did not have a "Large" tractor that they worked with to contribute to the thread. I was thinking of making a new thread under "my place" so others can contribute as well that don't have large tractors.

Yea fencing is a 365 year round job with a lot of acreage. You have to learn to love it. Did have cows a few years back but the fencing is so far gone that it needed to be redone. I did get a large portion of it done to get some cattle back in hopefully in the next few weeks.

I'm sure that X585 was a big help getting that fencing done. That's on my list of items to get also, a X series garden tractor for mowing the lawn, I just love the X series.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Starter died on our D140, the place that fixes them said there's a 3 week wait before they can look at it (there's still a warranty on the tractor). The D140 is still a great tractor to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Starter died on our D140, the place that fixes them said there's a 3 week wait before they can look at it (there's still a warranty on the tractor). The D140 is still a great tractor to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, I would have to agree. Its a good lawn mower. It mows my drainage ditches, can be tippy at times, but a great mower for the price. It would get stuck quite a bit, but after replacing the turfs with AG rear tires it goes pretty good up and down those ditches.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Used the JD to cart down some 18' cattle panels to my creek. My "new" idea of trying sliced covert pipes failed, they would not stay and washed away. But I was able to recover them a mile down stream. No regrets, It was worth a shot. So i'm back to cattle panels with steel cable. After a hard rain they are still holding good.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
So, I bought a 1989 210C with a bad transmission. Sunday afternoon, I replaced the missing reverser sump and pickup, checked all the fluids and fired it up for the first time in over 12 years. It seemed to be drivable, so I put it in gear and it tore loose from the blackberry vines! Yesterday morning I drove it about 7 mile to my house with no issues. I'll be looking it over and seeing what needs to be repaired or replaced.

I'd post a video of the startup, but I haven't figured that out yet.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Not exactly today, but recently mowed one of my fields with my '59 JD 435. I mow those fields just 2 times a year and the last cut usually keeps the grass down low enough all winter. I mow it with a 5 Ft Bushhog. Have one more field to go as soon as I can get to it.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Not today, but only last week! Tractor JD 6415 w/JD 640 MSL Loader
I checked fastener torque on the ROPS, Wheels, and Loader Mounts.

ROPS M20 bolts, 8 total, 300lb-ft of torque, all OK.:tango_face_smile:

Wheels:

Fronts; Center to hub, 8 nuts per side , 220lb-ft, OK :tango_face_smile:. Center to Rim, 8 nuts per side, 185lb-ft, OK :tango_face_smile:

Rears; Center to axle flange, 8 bolts per side, 370lb-ft, ALL took 1/8 to 1/4 turn to make torque :tango_face_sad:. Center to Rim, 8 nuts per side, 185lb-ft, OK :tango_face_smile:

Loader Mounts JD 640, 7 M20 bolts, per side. Torque is 390lb-ft a hard pull! :tango_face_surpriseThree at the front of mount, easy to get and turn the torque wrench, all OK :tango_face_smile::tango_face_smile:. Two per side, behind the mount up right, medium to get the torque wrench on, all took 1/4 to 1/2 turns to make torque :tango_face_sad:. Two per side, inside the mount, a "window" to get the socket on the bolt and turn the torque wrench. Hard to get the torque wrench :banghead3:banghead3on :tango_face_sad::tango_face_sad:. Then to be able to turn the torque wrench, I had to jack up the front of the tractor about 10" so the torque wrench had room to turn without the end of the handle hitting the floor. All took 1/2 to 3/4 turns to make torque. :tango_face_sad:

When did you last check your? :tango_face_devil:

Attachments

21 - 36 of 36 Posts