My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Since some other threads have "What did you do with your Tractor today?" I thought I start one for the larger tractors. Post away.

I used the JD to put up some AG fence pulling it tight with a fencing stretcher tethered to the bucket.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Re: What did you do with your Tractor today?

Monday i pulled a chain harrow over a field & hauled some dirt where i'm filling in along a branch that runs through the property, working the rest of the week, thinking about what's next.
It's that time of year, between the ZTR, Gator & tractor, something, if not all 3 will be used, unless i'm fishing:fing32:

Ronnie

·
Super Moderator
11,152 Posts
Re: What did you do with your Tractor today?

Since some other threads have "What did you do with your Tractor today?" I thought I start one for the larger tractors. Post away.

I used the JD to put up some AG fence pulling it tight with a fencing stretcher tethered to the bucket.
Great idea! Big Deeres do things too, after all.:thThumbsU

·
Super Moderator
11,152 Posts
Re: What did you do with your John Deere today?

Georgia_JohnDeere, your thread is now a sticky. It's at the top of the page, and will remain there.
It will be easy to find, so that folks will be able to share their Deere pics, and adventures without having to look for your thread.:fing32:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pulled out the field cutter/bush hog this weekend. I cut a total of 4 hours yesterday at 5.5 mph and still have lots to go. With the weather warming up here in Georgia the grass is growing fast. No cattle to eat the grass, as I need to repair a lot of fencing this year.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Purchased a 20' culvert pipe last weekend. Got it home and had help from the JD lifting it off the trailer and dragging it to a pasture. I'm in the process of cutting this pipe up. I'm using the pipes to block cattle from going up and down a creek stream, but still letting water flow though. Ill most pictures when I get this set up in the creek.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Had this cattle wire that was there to block cattle from wandering down stream and never seeing them again. This setup just blocked water flow. In addition to tree branches getting stuck and blocking the flow even more.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Today I used the Deere to bring down the culvert I cut up down to the creek. As you can see in the pictures I ran the cut up pipe the span of the creek with T-Posts to anchor them. Then zip tied them together. All in theory I think this will be a better setup. My thought is it will still allow the flow of water without it backing up, and blocking cattle from wandering off. I'm still sure I will have to clean debris out ever now and then. But not as often.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
More pictures. I'm hoping to do some concert around the top and base of the pipe also. My next project is to work on the other side of the creek.

These are 8ft T-posts. I could only drive them so far into the creek bed with a traditional driver. Cant get the tractor in there to use a bucket to drive them in either. I thinking of looking around for a man saver post driver, that runs off a air compressor.
example:
98E Basic T- Post Driver, T Post Driver, Post Driver, Fence Post Driver - Rohrer Manufacturing

If anyone has a used one, message me. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
JD can pull a lot even up hill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
JD can pull a lot even up hill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha love it!

Ive had my pulling a cement mixer. Those lawn mowers can be handy to move equipment around. Ive really bent the metal on the back of mine. Ill need to save up for a Garden tractor.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts