My Tractor Forum banner

81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
We have just been busy around here with the Ford and all that. Back in February, I bought a 1968 4500 4x4 torque converter transmission backhoe. We swapped the 4000 diesel motor from a backhoe to the 3000 in March (now called the mut) and that tractor is a fun tractor to use. 4500 would have needed to be split anyway because the seal went behind the torque converter. The 8n ended up going down in May and turns out the issue that we had for it was the valve seat. That valve seat is custom and were having trouble finding a part for. It's looking like we might need to get it custom. The 8n is still down. We ended up doing 1st cut in June with the mut (baled raked and pulling hay wagons) and the 6610 (mowed the fields, raked and pulled hay wagons). We didn't bale with the 6610 because the odd gears don't work, and the even gears are too fast. We did have help from four or five people, which was great. Thank You. Then we did first cut at another place. We did have help from five or seven people, which was great. At place we filled about 3 1/2 to 4 wagons, but one of the wagons had a flat spot on the tire so that trip was slow (what should have taken 30 minutes to get home took hour and a half). By the end of that, everything was trapped by 4:30 am est. I never saw the sun rise until that day. That same week I bought a 1970 201 gas 4400 with turf tires for the backhoe project (that tractor is slow, maybe slower than an 8n without a Sherman transmission). We end up doing a parade and driving people back and forth on a wagon too. The parade on June 30th. We had the mut, 6610 and the 4400 there. Then about a month ago we started to pull the 4400 apart to start the process or making it into a Ford 4500. Some parts needed to be wielded but either that it went okay. The noise from the 4500 was lighter than we thought. We have been using the tractor to clear brush which has made life much easier. It has just been brush clearing around here. Pictures will be soon.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Getting the backhoe.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Pulling apart the the 4500, 3000.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Putting the mut together.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Haying home field

Attachments

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Cut another field in town.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Fourth parade

Attachments

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Converting the 4400 into the 4500

Attachments

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
In the beginning of August I went fishing. The wheels were too light in the front to steer. Earlier in the morning the generator broke. That came from amazon and that wasn't even two years old.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Anyone want a torque converter transmission? This one is for sale:tango_face_smile:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Been busy for the past few months
Some snow back in December 2019

I ended up cleaning out the shed for the haybine in the end of February and the beginning of March.
This is clearing firewood in mid March.

Clearing the stonewalls and stuff for replanting a field.

Today I found a good sized rock with the backhoe

·
Minding my P's & Q's
2,044 Posts
Mike,
Good to see you posting in here again.
Is that a Woodbine vine aka Virginia Creeper vine laying there?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Mike,
Good to see you posting in here again.
Is that a Woodbine vine aka Virginia Creeper vine laying there?
I don’t think so. Under that tree stump was another decently size rock. I’ve been around on different sites. I ended up buying a new to me haybine this year (NH 489) and spent a month clearing a spot for that. We moved the old haybine a week or so ago. The NH 477 broke the axle. The first picture is using the backhoe to lift up the old haybine to attach it to the 6610. The second picture is trying to get the axle to turn. It didn’t work. Me and another guy were bouncing up and down and it still didn’t move. We probably had 300 pounds on the pipe.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Been busy for the last month. April 7th we ended up plowing half a field one day and then the next with the Ford 6610 and harrowed a little with the Ford 4110 the first day, then most the second with the 6610 finished plowing by noon and then the 6610 was on the pull type disc harrow. It then rained enough so we couldn't get into for the next two days, rock picking drag (no rock picker) for the next week with rain every other day it seems. On Monday (4-20-2020), we finished picking rocks. We ended up getting six buckets of rocks With the Ford 4500. Today we spread fertilizer with the 6610. In the middle of the day Monday, someone didn't like me.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
IMG_0360.jpg
IMG_0360.jpg
IMG_0360.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
IMG_0363.jpg