My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We're starting this sticky thread so that you can share your pics, or what you did with your Ford, or New Holland tractors with others on a daily basis. Ford, and New Holland fans, start your posts!:thThumbsU

·
Registered
40 Posts
I threw my 1953 Ford Jubilee battery away forever. I have been reading about people using these new super capacitors to start their cars. I needed a new battery for the tractor, so I thought "why not". I put 12 super capacitors in a home made box I built from some heavy plexiglass I had laying around. So far It has started better than ever for the couple of days I have used them. I just think it's cool when old tech meets new tech. And no more batteries. These should last near forever.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
We bought a Ford 8n motor today

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well got her home today, in the rain, now to get her going. Drained the old gas, removed, cleaned and reassembled the Zenith carburetor (we'll see if it needs rebuilding), cleaned the top of the motor to get at the spark plugs, removed points, condenser bolt is stuck and vacuum advanced looks stuck too. Hopefully get her running tomorrow. Cheers. Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Over the week we tried to lift a shed. The ford 3000 couldn't do it. The front wheels went up in the air

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Outch

·
2k Sarcastic Post CLUB
2,233 Posts
I threw my 1953 Ford Jubilee battery away forever. I have been reading about people using these new super capacitors to start their cars. I needed a new battery for the tractor, so I thought "why not". I put 12 super capacitors in a home made box I built from some heavy plexiglass I had laying around. So far It has started better than ever for the couple of days I have used them. I just think it's cool when old tech meets new tech. And no more batteries. These should last near forever.
:ditto: Not to mention you can make one of these ..............they charge up very quickly............and you can drop it into any 12 volt battery tray. If one has 5 battery tender's plugged in all their vehicles/toys/tractors.........this seems to be a very cool new tech. :thThumbsU:thThumbsU:thThumbsU:thThumbsU

did you do a build thread on making your own battery with these. .

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
took it apart today.
I wish a ford 8n gas tank could come off easy instead of have to take off the hood with the fuel tank on.

·
Registered
91 Posts
This is the first time I did something "with" instead of "to" my '74 2000.

IMG_20160511_200204153.jpg

Looks like I need to tweak the leveling arm a bit...

·
1horse
315 Posts
My son (who is also my next door neighbor) called and said would you help me bale some straw.

So, I pulled his 273 hayliner baler with the 1966 Ford 4000 and we did 237 wheat bales on my two 16' hay wagons. Nice to work with family.

No pictures during the baling--all work and no play!

wheat.JPG

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Nice, been using the 3000 to move junk around. Haven't been using the a whole lot. How does someone make a 8n run hotter (something to so with cleaning out the engine from carbon)?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Bough a NH 68 hay liner baler, for $1,000 with transport. It even has a motor. Owner kept very good care of it.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Video

·
Registered
2 Posts
I took the steering ram off my 1994 3930. It had only been dripping out of the end but is now a full on leak. Now the fun of finding the right parts starts

1 - 20 of 96 Posts