My Tractor Forum banner
621 - 640 of 703 Posts

·
Registered
Cub Cadet models 3240 & 2165
98 Posts
I would send that pic as feedback to the person who made them. I asked the seller of the decals if he could add the bumper decal and he did after I gave him dimensions.
Where did you get yours? These are from Autographicsltd in Canada on E-Bay

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Got the decals today and put them on. A little disappointed because the lower decal is about 15% smaller than the original but at least I could get something. I did get one of those off the tractor that is suitable for a scan to make another at some point in time. Quality seems to be quite good and I watched a couple of "how to" videos on Y-Tube to learn how. I made my own application fluid but I think the gel that you can buy might be better. I received a real nice used battery strap today also.

View attachment 2511190

View attachment 2511185
I think it looks fantastic! Now I'm beginning to think my 3235 is looking a bit too pale up front...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Finally got the break lever and finished the PTO so I could get the rest of the front done. It has been all gone through, belts, bearing, bushings, lower pulley, break and the missing spring. Ran it a good bit and changed the oil and filter, very pleased that it shuts right off because the run on was terrible when I first got it. I think I will work on the seat next and then on to the differential to check out the 4 ring bolts.

·
Super Moderator
8,309 Posts
Coming along nicely. Is this just going to be a mower for you?

·
Premium Member
4,404 Posts
It's looking great, Ken!! It looks brand new.

The pic of the PTO is interesting. Are these all shaft-driven decks, or just some of the models? I hope I'm remembering that right, I thought the 3xxx use shaft decks.

If it is shaft driven, what's the benefit, if there's still a belt involved in the process? Does the shaft make it easier to install/remove the deck, or something like that? I've only had belt-driven decks.

And I admire you folks that just dive in. Casually mentioning "and then onto the 4 bolts for the ring gear." I'd hem & haw, and mentall anguish for a while about digging into that. Reading, watching videos, worrying, etc.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It's looking great, Ken!! It looks brand new.

The pic of the PTO is interesting. Are these all shaft-driven decks, or just some of the models? I hope I'm remembering that right, I thought the 3xxx use shaft decks.

If it is shaft driven, what's the benefit, if there's still a belt involved in the process? Does the shaft make it easier to install/remove the deck, or something like that? I've only had belt-driven decks.

And I admire you folks that just dive in. Casually mentioning "and then onto the 4 bolts for the ring gear." I'd hem & haw, and mentall anguish for a while about digging into that. Reading, watching videos, worrying, etc.
My other Cub is a 2165 and that is a belt driven deck but is a horizontal engine with a drive shaft driven hydro tranmission, like the 3000 series. That belt goes through some transitions to get to the deck and is long, if I push it too hard it breaks and they are $40 a pop. I am on my third one in 2 years and the last belt I put on was from E-Bay for $15 and that one is holding up good but I sharpened the blades and am mowing more often. The belt on the deck that drives the 3 blades is the original from 1994 and in good shape. So I think that the drive shaft on the 3000 series will hold up compared to the belt driven. One can also drive a snow blower off the front of the PTO on the 3000 series.

·
Super Moderator
8,309 Posts
Yesterday I painted the sheetmetal and front wheels on the 3205. All paint and primer are Van Sickle from Atwood's. Layers are: Stripped to bare metal, etching primer, yellow primer, International Yellow with hardener. The primer smoothed with scotch-brite.

I laid my 3240 hood side next to the Van Sickle to show the similarity. In person the difference is greater with the Van Sickle looking slightly lighter with a greenish tint and the factory powdercoat having an orange hue. First pic under LED lights, second outside.

·
Super Moderator
8,309 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,135 Posts
Finally got the break lever and finished the PTO so I could get the rest of the front done. It has been all gone through, belts, bearing, bushings, lower pulley, break and the missing spring. Ran it a good bit and changed the oil and filter, very pleased that it shuts right off because the run on was terrible when I first got it. I think I will work on the seat next and then on to the differential to check out the 4 ring bolts.

View attachment 2511618 View attachment 2511619 View attachment 2511620
You know when you get done with it the dealer is going to want it back to have on the showroom floor right? :) You're doing a great job on restoring that machine!

·
Registered
98 Posts
In case someone want to fix their seat because of cracks, this is how I did mine. I pulled the bead from around the edge and removed the foam and cover. Drilled the spot welds and removed the threaded nuts. Drilled and tapped a plate, bolted it together and reinstalled the seat cover.

·
Super Moderator
8,309 Posts
Ken is your powdercoat original or did you repaint?

621 - 640 of 703 Posts