My Tractor Forum banner

461 - 480 of 515 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Looks like 10 more inches in Central PA today... time to play yet again!

·
Super Moderator
7,018 Posts
Well probably not the ideal time to clean a chimney, but better late than never. In your defense I guess you were caught by surprise.:eek:

Working Smart - Does that mean you wore extra layer of PJ's to ward off the chill?:devilish:
MikeC
Definitely not on the chimney. The heat pump(and electrical meter) was spinning like an Indy car engine. It didn't turn off for more than 5 minutes at a time.

Wore my old insulated coveralls but I've been eyeballing a new set.

demandware_compress6.jpg

·
Registered
189 Posts
getting the zero turn ready for a long summer of use, i looked into adding a oil cooler to the kawasaki fr691v, kaw never had one for that motor but did for the fh721v.
purchased the needed parts, 39067-7008 Cooler-Oil ,59071-0742 Joint ,92055-7006 - RING-O ,49065-0724 oil filter
had to cut off a casting that helped make a cleaner oil change , remove the old nipple for the filter, bolted right on . the factory air holes in the top plate line up dead on forcing lots of air over the cooler fins ,
the old number 49065-0721 oil filter no longer fits to the cooler making for the need of the smaller od 0724 . adds some oil to the case but sure drops the oil temp big time

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
35,315 Posts
Definitely not on the chimney. The heat pump(and electrical meter) was spinning like an Indy car engine. It didn't turn off for more than 5 minutes at a time.

Wore my old insulated coveralls but I've been eyeballing a new set.

View attachment 2491988
C'mon, you're not going to get "flaky" on us are you?? :)

·
Super Moderator
7,018 Posts
Been messing around with the 3205 sheetmetal. Getting it stripped and ready for paint. I have kicked around painting it like a Yanmar Cub Sc2400 but in reverse due to the yellow frame. So everything that's black here would be yellow and everything yellow would be black. What do y'all think?

20210306_183312_compress53~2.jpg
Screenshot_2021-03-06-18-50-32(1).png

Reactions: factoryguy

·
Super Moderator
35,315 Posts
Wouldn't the extra black draw a lot more heat in the summer? I'd keep it yellow and white only for that reason where you are at. But it would look cool painted like that.

·
Super Moderator
7,018 Posts
Replaced the battery, last one lasted 3 years.
Wow, that didn't last long. My 2016 XT3 still has the factory battery in it but the tractor only has 100hrs. How many hours do you have?

·
Registered
189 Posts
looked at mine, when i went out for bagels this am, it's ready for when ever we loose this all around white grass slip covering

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
Replaced the battery, last one lasted 3 years.
Wow, that didn't last long. My 2016 XT3 still has the factory battery in it but the tractor only has 100hrs. How many hours do you have?
Coolharts, I don't know how you manage yours, but I found that my batteries appear to be lasting longer now that I keep them charged during the off-season. I used to let the discharge and die during the winter. But I read that remaining discharged is bad for the cells, and accelerates how quickly they degrade. So it wasn't just a matter of charging them again before starting it in the spring.

I started removing the battery in the fall and keeping it inside, on a float charger. I am now using a solar battery maintainer, stuck to the inside of the shed window.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Coolharts, I don't know how you manage yours, but I found that my batteries appear to be lasting longer now that I keep them charged during the off-season. I used to let the discharge and die during the winter. But I read that remaining discharged is bad for the cells, and accelerates how quickly they degrade. So it wasn't just a matter of charging them again before starting it in the spring.

I started removing the battery in the fall and keeping it inside, on a float charger. I am now using a solar battery maintainer, stuck to the inside of the shed window.
I rotate batteries. My whole house generator gets the newest one, the Cub 2nd and old Deere the last. The generator has a charger. Being in Central NC I do use my mowers almost all year round, Dec thru Feb are the off months. I have kept a charger on them in the past, can't say it helped but maybe.

Batteries aren't made like they once were, I think they are made with the bare minimums to last a couple of years and then they get replaced.

·
Super Moderator
7,018 Posts
My tractor may sit for 2 or 3 months but still starts up. I use a sears Diehard battery. That battery must be 10 years old.
Advance auto parts took over the diehard name. You can get them there now. Good batteries.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Had manure delivered to the main garden last weekend and figured I should get it tilled in sooner rather than later so it has time to settle.

Used the 1864 to move four trailer loads to the lower field. The wife usually plants corn and/or sunflowers in this field.

Today I spread manure in both fields on the 3240. Love that diff lock!

Previously, I used to use the 1864, and a JD 212 (sold in 2020) before that, but they would get stuck spinning one tire if I wasn't careful about approaching the pile.

Older pic of the 212 getting ready to spread and till in the lower field.

Up next: Tilling! The 1864 will retain this duty for now because it has the sleeve hitch.

461 - 480 of 515 Posts