My Tractor Forum banner

441 - 460 of 515 Posts

·
Administrator
17,652 Posts
Nice shot of the High Point monument in your avatar. Wife and I like to picnic and hike, as well as walk the dogs there. Only a 25 min ride for us.
MikeC

·
Registered
189 Posts
Nice shot of the High Point monument in your avatar. Wife and I like to picnic and hike, as well as walk the dogs there. Only a 25 min ride for us.
MikeC
thats about how long a drive i have also, i'm in vernon right on top of breakneck rd looking down at what used to be hidden valley ski area

drive to near you for efree gas in Wurtsboro at the stewarts shop just made the run last week for 10 gallons

·
Administrator
17,652 Posts
Get mine same place. That's only 15 mins from me in Howells, NY. Spent time in your area back when I skied there and was known as Great Gorge.
MikeC

·
Registered
12 Posts
Made a new cutting edge out of 3/16" X 2" flat bar and installed it on the front blade.

·
Super Moderator
7,018 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
i had them on my old LT1050 and loved them, with the zero i think resting my elbows will aid me in holding my arms level since i have both long biceps tendons torn

·
Super Moderator
17,034 Posts
We've had some stronger than usual wind the last few days. I went to the shed to get the 1641 and found the hood blown off of it. Looks like the wind got under the hood, lifted it up and snapped the grill off the frame. I'm scared to look up what a new grill cost, even if they still have them. Plastic hoods, a bad idea that won't go away.
Cannon
View attachment 2490447
New Grill is UN-available from MTD ordered One and It Back ordered and I know MTD is Not Producing them anymore Bought One Here Cub Cadet 931-3178 Grille 2284 2182 2086 1864 1863 1782 1641 1440 731-3178 | eBay But the right side Panel is still available from MTD but the Left is No Longer available I Have thought about converting My 2182 to steel Panels & steel grill from a Older Super eventually The side Panels & Hood were fine Being Plastic But the Grill should have stayed Metal That the Only real head scratchier on the cyclops is the Grill (y)

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I have considered adapting a hood off something like B440 did on his 1864. The problem is I use mine for mowing and the side panels keep some of the trash off the air intake. I mowed once last year without the side panels on my 1863 and it looked like this.
Cannon

·
Registered
12 Posts
Definitely have to do something about that. It is the air intake for the engine cooling and will soon destroy your engine if not enough air is blowing through the cooling fins. I know this as I lost a snow blower engine a few years ago from blowing snow accumulated and blocked off the air intake and by the time I noticed, the damage was done.

·
Super Moderator
7,018 Posts
Cold blast here in NW AR at -7F this morning. I hauled firewood with the 3240 in 5" snow last night after cleaning my chimney and got a fire started. The SunF tires did well in the snow. I scooped a little snow just to see how it would do and must say it was ~10X easier than wet dirt lol.

·
Super Moderator
35,315 Posts
Cold blast here in NW AR at -7F this morning. I hauled firewood with the 3240 in 5" snow last night after cleaning my chimney and got a fire started. The SunF tires did well in the snow. I scooped a little snow just to see how it would do and must say it was ~10X easier than wet dirt lol.

You got more snow that we did from the storm. The ice/rain line kept moving north and we ended up with 1 inch of sloppy wet snow. Temps are dropping today but will only stay on the balmy side of zero (6 degrees predicted)! You got some cool seat time on that today!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Still storming here, got several inches of snow before it changed to ice pellets. Been staying cold enough for it to stay frozen, much easier to plow dry snow and ice pellets than wet and slushy crap. Been getting ice pellets now for about six hours.

·
Super Moderator
7,018 Posts
You got more snow that we did from the storm. The ice/rain line kept moving north and we ended up with 1 inch of sloppy wet snow. Temps are dropping today but will only stay on the balmy side of zero (6 degrees predicted)! You got some cool seat time on that today!
Little more seat time today planning for 4-6 more inches and teens for highs for the next 3 days. I worked smart today.

20210216_155022_compress83.jpg

·
Super Moderator
35,315 Posts

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
I have considered adapting a hood off something like B440 did on his 1864. The problem is I use mine for mowing and the side panels keep some of the trash off the air intake. I mowed once last year without the side panels on my 1863 and it looked like this.
Cannon
View attachment 2491645
And your photo shows what did not already get sucked into the cooling fins of the engine!

On the 3000 series(and perhaps others) they use an intake boot that is designed to force all air to come into the engine by first passing through the screen under the dash. MANY of them have the battery cover missing and that allows a lot more crap to enter. With the boot missing... A 1000 hour engine that has always seen clean air, may be in better shape than a 100 hour engine that has the cooling fins filled with crap.

·
Administrator
17,652 Posts
Cold blast here in NW AR at -7F this morning. I hauled firewood with the 3240 in 5" snow last night after cleaning my chimney and got a fire started.
Well probably not the ideal time to clean a chimney, but better late than never. In your defense I guess you were caught by surprise.:eek:

Little more seat time today planning for 4-6 more inches and teens for highs for the next 3 days. I worked smart today.
Working Smart - Does that mean you wore extra layer of PJ's to ward off the chill?:devilish:
MikeC

441 - 460 of 515 Posts