My Tractor Forum banner

261 - 265 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I'm not cutting grass with the 1864, but it was mentioned that the deck likely won't fit now. I have a 42" with custom-made aluminum baggers and a 54" deck for it too. :unsure: Guess I'll end up selling those.

Wow green grass! And I'm sitting here in CT just waiting for some snow to push around.... but all we're getting is rain or cold days.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I'm not cutting grass with the 1864, but it was mentioned that the deck likely won't fit now. I have a 42" with custom-made aluminum baggers and a 54" deck for it too. :unsure: Guess I'll end up selling those.

Wow green grass! And I'm sitting here in CT just waiting for some snow to push around.... but all we're getting is rain or cold days.
We are expecting rain starting today and thru the entire next week.
About the green grass well here in South East Texas my mowing season starts in February and runs thru November. It starts slowly only having to mow a few times in February then by March it is full on mowing every once every 3 to 5 days until about the end of October then it starts tapping off a bit till end of November. I have mown in the middle of December before. LOL
We have 2 climates Spring and Summer. Our winters are 35 to 65 degree range. This morning it is 57 degrees with a forecast high of 70. It always hits 85 to 90 degrees for a week or so in February. Yesterday was 73 that's why I changed my hydo tranny oil why it was nice out. My fruit trees are starting to wake back up. Nectarine, Plum, Fig, Blackberries, Blueberries, Strawberries. I can't wait I love my fresh picked fruit.
You need a good A/C unit here not a heater. A cheap 18,000 but propane space heater is plenty to heat a 2500 square foot house here. LOL that's what I use. Happy mowing I like those tires.

·
Premium Member
2,556 Posts
I made my 3240 work its butt off today. First thing I did was lift one side of my hot tub deck with the bucket. Had my wife drive backwards while I propped the other end up with my 2 wheeler to move it. Then I got medieval on the dirt I wanted to move. Probably moved >2000lbs of dirt and filled the holes in my field with it. Had rocks in it the size of volleyballs.

Got tired of hauling a bucketfull at a time and tried to dump into my cart but it was too much trouble. Started getting rained on and called it a day. Did a bunch of work today though and am very proud of my bucket build. It is a beast.

3240_Loading[1].jpg

261 - 265 of 265 Posts