My Tractor Forum banner

241 - 242 of 242 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,005 Posts
Hi Guys, I'm a newbie here (wow, been a long time since I've been a newbie) especially at 65+ years old. I have two 3000 series Cubs and absolutely love them, for reasons that never even crossed my mind when I was younger. My 3205 is my mower and the Kawasaki liquid cooled engine is awesome, it will definitely live longer than I will. Mods to it include custom paint and lettering and 15" aluminum wheels, tail lights and backup lights replaced with aluminum panels and LED clearance lights, headlights replaced with a 12" LED light bar sunk in behind the stock headlight cover. My first 3000 and former mower is a 3185 with 1185 hours currently, this has become my little helper around the yard. I have a broken back and bad knees so I appreciate whatever help I can get. The step-thru design of the 3000 series are truly a Godsend for me. I added an extended bumper below the stock one so I can push things into place (like railroad ties) and a 3' boom to the rear with a winch (currently hand crank, but powered soon) this lets me drag things around the yard and serves as the lift mechanism for my debris rake and acreage rake. The 3185 has v-lug rear tires mounted on ATV rims that I modified to fit our Cubs.
Looking good. Great to have another 3000 series owner on here. With the 3000 series and not running a deck you can mount a hydraulic cylinder on the back to lift the boom using your factory spool (deck lift)valve.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Hi Guys, I'm a newbie here (wow, been a long time since I've been a newbie) especially at 65+ years old. I have two 3000 series Cubs and absolutely love them, for reasons that never even crossed my mind when I was younger. My 3205 is my mower and the Kawasaki liquid cooled engine is awesome, it will definitely live longer than I will. Mods to it include custom paint and lettering and 15" aluminum wheels, tail lights and backup lights replaced with aluminum panels and LED clearance lights, headlights replaced with a 12" LED light bar sunk in behind the stock headlight cover. My first 3000 and former mower is a 3185 with 1185 hours currently, this has become my little helper around the yard. I have a broken back and bad knees so I appreciate whatever help I can get. The step-thru design of the 3000 series are truly a Godsend for me. I added an extended bumper below the stock one so I can push things into place (like railroad ties) and a 3' boom to the rear with a winch (currently hand crank, but powered soon) this lets me drag things around the yard and serves as the lift mechanism for my debris rake and acreage rake. The 3185 has v-lug rear tires mounted on ATV rims that I modified to fit our Cubs.

Bill View attachment 2440301 View attachment 2440302 View attachment 2440303 View attachment 2440304
(y)

241 - 242 of 242 Posts