My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since they have on the John Deere forum we should too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Used mine to haul some firewood to the house. IMG_20140204_125005.jpg

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Put in a new water pump to the tune of $107....

:eek:

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Blew out both PTO belts while attempting to blow 4 inches of ice/snow ( it started as 10 inches but ice and rain compacted it ) with the thrower. I was good for about an hour but I could smell the belts burning the entire time. I could only crawl at about 1 mph...it was just to heavy. Luckily I also have a blade. I need to get new belts installed before the weekend as we are expected to get another foot of snow.

I could add to this thread every day :)

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Yesterday with the 1440 I plowed out about 6" of fluff at 0dark30 and noticed the lights would dim on occasion. Closer observation revealed a barely delectable muffled thump under the hood...

...an unsecured battery.

Took one of those elastic bungee cords backpackers use to secure gear to a back pack and used one to secure the battery firmly to the firewall.

Crude but effective.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Replaced drive belt, noticed the Hydro fan is broke. Anybody know how important it is to have the fan on it? Did not put the broke one back on, if I need it I will order a new one.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Had to replace a spirol pin in lift mechanism on my 149 after using the snow blade in 14in snow .Blade wouldn't lift off the ground and it was the pin rusted into in the cross shaft under the tractor and I had to drill it out.I replaced it with a grade 5 bolt.As far as the fan on the hydro being important many will disagree with me but I've used my 149 for over 10 years without one and never had a problem.That fan wouldn't hardly blow a candle out anyway.
OOPS! I never noticed what mower it was on the Gentleman was talking about
if it was on the lawnmower in the pic then yes it could be a problem.
Just my 02

TM

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:thanku:Thanks for the replies about the fan on my 1110 Hydro. Has anyone tried an electric fan to keep the transmission cool instead of the cheap factory belt driven fan?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Found some new tires for the 73 Cub, wanted to get some feedback on tires was going with the bar lug tractor tire on the rear, but cant decide on bar lug or the 3 rib tire on the front. Thanks again.

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
Found some new tires for the 73 Cub, wanted to get some feedback on tires was going with the bar lug tractor tire on the rear, but cant decide on bar lug or the 3 rib tire on the front. Thanks again.
I like the tri-rib tires,,,,, :fing32:

Bar lugs on the front "ride rough" on hard surfaces,,IMHO,,, :hide:

·
lawn/farm hobbiest
183 Posts
Hey CADPlans, What is that round object on the rear of the tractor?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Bar lugs on the front "ride rough" on hard surfaces,,IMHO,,, :hide:
I don't really run my ag fronts on hard surfaces, but they do make a difference with traction in winter when pushing snow - especially when mounted backwards. They are a little hard on turf if you corner at too high a speed.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I removed the snowplow, greased the tractor and mower deck, sharpened the blades on the 48" deck, put the mower deck on the tractor and fired it up. Ran good as usual and ready to mow now.

1 - 20 of 242 Posts