Gravely guy with a Harley
409 Posts

·
409 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Well you could say I'm taking my time, but doing it right.

The end roof joists and ridge pole are up and it's all going pretty well. There's a full 8' ceiling for good reason. Do you think we will see double decker 408's in there? Umhmm!
Looks good John! I know a guy that did something similar with his Wheel Horse tractors. Here's a few pictures he sent me of a 61' 551 I sold him and how he stores all of them. Pretty easy setup and works well. Would probably work equally well with the 408's since they're a pretty small frame like the Wheel Horse's.

Rick

ImageUploadedByMyTractorForum Free App1438568767.217963.jpg ImageUploadedByMyTractorForum Free App1438568784.465266.jpg

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Nice acquisition KMAN, always like seeing an 816, or 2, being saved.

Nice 24G Steve, hope to find one for myself in the future, sooner rather than later.

Rick

·
Gravely 408 Authority
1,823 Posts
Looks good John! I know a guy that did something similar with his Wheel Horse tractors. Here's a few pictures he sent me of a 61' 551 I sold him and how he stores all of them. Pretty easy setup and works well. Would probably work equally well with the 408's since they're a pretty small frame like the Wheel Horse's.

Rick

View attachment 1376650 View attachment 1376658

Thanks for sharing the photos Rick. Those crates are a great idea. Wheels on the bottom and it will make storage, maneuvering and retrieval a snap.

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,596 Posts
Nice score, KMAN!

Looking good, John. Going to be some fine storage on the "cheap" :fing32:

That postal L has an ornery look about it, Steven.

My kind of horse herd, thanks for sharing those pics, Rick :howdy:

·
409 Posts
It's monday and the unloading begins....got kinda lucky and sold the tiller with the shafts and chain case and the deck with the shaft for what I have in the whole trailer load..:fing32:
I seperated the tiller and deck from the rest of the other stuff and moved the tractors to the back and brought up the next project......used the gravely loader and the ford to make the move easer:fing32: I was afraid to open the bag on the trans seeing the po said it had a broken roll pin (I wish it was just that) but
I opened it up and found the fork was broke off..(thank god for spare parts) I had a spare fork and after going through the box of parts he sent with me I think I have it back together we''ll see:praying::praying:,then I took the motor and put it on the table and found the fuel pump inop and by-passed will order all the parts for that.spun the motor over has compression,puled the plugs a little black(soot) but not wet,squirted some stp/oil into the cylinders rolled it over a few times will let it sit till the parts come in.....this one will have the back blade on it when I'm done....

Attachments

·
409 Posts
It's monday and the unloading begins....got kinda lucky and sold the tiller with the shafts and chain case and the deck with the shaft for what I have in the whole trailer load..:fing32:
I seperated the tiller and deck from the rest of the other stuff and moved the tractors to the back and brought up the next project......used the gravely loader and the ford to make the move easer:fing32: I was afraid to open the bag on the trans seeing the po said it had a broken roll pin (I wish it was just that) but
I opened it up and found the fork was broke off..(thank god for spare parts) I had a spare fork and after going through the box of parts he sent with me I think I have it back together we''ll see:praying::praying:,then I took the motor and put it on the table and found the fuel pump inop and by-passed will order all the parts for that.spun the motor over has compression,puled the plugs a little black(soot) but not wet,squirted some stp/oil into the cylinders rolled it over a few times will let it sit till the parts come in.....this one will have the back blade on it when I'm done....
And this is the project.......

Attachments

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
John and Ellis, anytime, happy to contribute on maximizing storage to feed our addiction ;).

KMAN, nice progress. :)

Rick

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
4061 - 4071 of 4071 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.