4041 - 4060 of 4071 Posts

·
Gravely guy with a Harley
409 Posts
:fing32::fing32:

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
There IS a 12 step program, and MANY have admitted they have G.A.S. however, I don't know that anyone has gone to a single meeting........ :D

·
409 Posts
we have meetings??? cool!!!
this might not be such a bad thing after all:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh

·
Gravely 2-wheeler
919 Posts
Yes, they are called S.W.A.P. Meets or See What Addicted Purchased (this time) meetings. :hide:

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
I heard a rumor that the coffee is terrible and the cookies are harder than bricks. Of course you could stash the cookies and build a shop I suppose. Hmmmm.

·
409 Posts
:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh

·
Registered
818 Posts
Same here. In my childhood, if I wanted nails for some project, I could use anything from the cans of used nails. New hardware was available only if bought with my own cash.

One of the Gravely projects I remember was making a trailer to hitch behind the Gravely L for firewood, rocks, dirt, etc. Two old pickup tires, some scavenged pipe, steel jacket pieces off of an old furnace, lots of pop rivets and a few bandaids later we had a functional trailer complete with operator's seat. Wasn't pretty, but sure got used.
Very nice!! There's more satisfaction in using something made than buying something new, IMO!!

·
409 Posts
Never,Never,Never drive around with an empty trailer you never know what might find it's way in there and then follow you home!!!!:sidelaugh:sidelaugh
(my bride calls me fred sanford)....I'll have more pic's later...gotta go see the car cruise (600 cars plus) then off to see our daughter and new husband's
house that they just closed on then to monday the un-loading day for all my treasures....but I need a few jim beam's during the car cruise first:drunkie:

Attachments

·
Gravely1964
3,837 Posts
Im going postal again.

P1020739.JPG After the blow out last week......

P1020787.JPG I put some good split rims and tires on. So the postal can go postal in any terrain :thThumbsU

·
Gravely 408 Authority
1,809 Posts
I can't think of a better use for recycled wood, John. It looks like you're off to a good start too. I should do something similar, as I need more space too.

Platform is done, floor is screwed down, and I've got 4 walls up as of tonight. Tomorrow I want to get the roof and siding done.

·
Gravely 408 Authority
1,809 Posts
Platform is done, floor is screwed down, and I've got 4 walls up as of tonight. Tomorrow I want to get the roof and siding done.

Well you could say I'm taking my time, but doing it right.

ImageUploadedByMyTractorForum Free App1438555197.327345.jpg
The end roof joists and ridge pole are up and it's all going pretty well. There's a full 8' ceiling for good reason. Do you think we will see double decker 408's in there? Umhmm!

·
Inveterate Putterer
2,964 Posts
There's a full 8' ceiling for good reason. Do you think we will see double decker 408's in there? Umhmm!
A boy and his forklift? :)

·
Gravely 408 Authority
1,809 Posts
A boy and his forklift? :)

I wish! But that would require another shed, and I know I couldn't sell that idea to the Mrs. I'm thinking old school pulleys & ramps, perhaps a pivoting table. We'll see what ideas get into my head after the building exterior is done.

·
409 Posts
Never,Never,Never drive around with an empty trailer you never know what might find it's way in there and then follow you home!!!!:sidelaugh:sidelaugh
(my bride calls me fred sanford)....I'll have more pic's later...gotta go see the car cruise (600 cars plus) then off to see our daughter and new husband's
house that they just closed on then to monday the un-loading day for all my treasures....but I need a few jim beam's during the car cruise first:drunkie:
Here is some more pic's of the haul......starts with the first tractor with no engine and trans attached and using a come-a-long to load and with a strap just before leaving.....now on monday I have to unload...gonna be fun!!!!:fing32:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
For those of you who still follow this thread, the thread is corrupted for some of us.

It would be nice to start a new one, but, for those who want to continue,,, enjoy

I am now signing off from the thread,,, and hope SOMEBODY starts a new one.

Obviously 4K posts is too much for the MTF software.

Bye,,,,

·
Gravely1964
3,837 Posts
Works fine for me :dunno:

Anyhow went postal mowing :sidelaugh

P1020788.JPG She is ugly but does it run good :thThumbsU

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Works fine for me. Acts up every once in a while and clears itself up. You know, as a Gravely does :sidelaugh

·
409 Posts
I started a new one,if the other one comes back we can do something with this one.:fing32:

4041 - 4060 of 4071 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.