My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1712 Posts

·
Gravely guy with a Harley
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shall we begin again....lets keep this going I think this is a good thread to keep alive....:fing32:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Bushhogged a couple of acres of thick 3 foot-plus weeds.

First time I ever used a rotary deck on my ancient LI.

LI had not been started for over five years.

Used a zip tie to clean the points, fresh gas, a jump start and off she went. Oh yeah, one tire needed air (still the original tires). :)

You can't beat a Gravely.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Added a couple upgrades to the 816

new shift plate

old one

Some out front accessories

I'll be hunting the rear pto stub shaft next.

·
Gravely1964
3,775 Posts
(I guess you could say its for a fellow gravely owner)
At work today did a pto clutch in an 8123 :fing32:

P1020795.JPG without flash

P1020794.JPG flash

Anyhow that was just what I did in the morning :sidelaugh Its all back together and running great now :thThumbsU Managed not to grab a pic of that or the pto tool we have :hide: I'll grab that one day :fing32:

·
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Added a couple upgrades to the 816

new shift plate

old one

Some out front accessories

I'll be hunting the rear pto stub shaft next.
Might that be the one that is part of the rear axle tube with a pto stub for a rear tiller? cause I might have one.....

·
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh and nice decal to!!!!:thThumbsU

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Might that be the one that is part of the rear axle tube with a pto stub for a rear tiller? cause I might have one.....

Yes. The shaft that goes into the axle block.
PM me if you don't mind to.

·
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pm sent

·
Gravely1964
3,775 Posts
Got the 59 LS and 48L running today

P1020796.JPG 59 needed the points cleaned and gapped. Fired first pull tilled garden :thThumbsU

P1020797.JPG 48 Im not sure what was going on. Always was a one pull wonder. But today no spark :dunno: Cleaned and gapped the points still nothing. spun mag with drill on bench and slowly came back then worked normal. I really not sure whats up there but after belt starting it off the 59 it ran good.

Kinda thinking with all the rain we had in june it ran in my barn for about a month and all the mags are damp inside just great :banghead3

So 3 weeks till my local fair here and im flipping threw any tractors that need to go to make sure they'll run :fing32:

P1020090.JPG Last years display. Gonna cut back slightly :fing32:

·
Inveterate Putterer
2,958 Posts
Yesterday I used the 812 to mow two of my three yards. It was fun to use it again. Started right up with no choke, ran smooth and strong. I used the 16G to haul the remains of a 30"+ diameter stump down to the back lot to compost. I had been cutting slots into it with a chainsaw. That finally paid dividends as rot was well underway. The stump was pretty much entirely spongy.

After mowing and stump duty I dragged out the power washer and went over the 50" deck shell that I had welded up in the Spring. It has been sitting since then. The power washer broke a few areas of peeling paint loose. I also blew out the coating od dried grass on the underside and got that down to bare metal.

I stood the shell up in the sun. Being painted in dark gray primer, it heated up pretty hot pretty quickly. This caused the water to dry quickly and some flash rust to form on the bare metal areas. This is what i wanted to happen. I then wiped the whole thing down with Rust Mort to convert all the rust and prevent further rusting.

Now I'll start a little metal slapping and filling to try to make the deck as smooth and straight - mainly along the leading edge of the front - as is reasonable. Then priming with a high solids primer and painting it. I'll do that in my portable "spray booth" as time and weather allow.

My summer thus far has been more about a crazy-busy work schedule and a non-Gravely light construction project. I hope i can soon get some shop time with my Gravely projects.

·
Gravely1964
3,775 Posts
Well I guess 6 is good enough this year

P1020800.JPG 450, 70 C8 utility scoop, 52 Navy L, 48L rotary plow, 49L power wheel barrow, and 63 L8 with buzz saw to represent.

P1020801.JPG Now that i know they fit i'll get my paper sent in and be ready to show :thThumbsU

·
Super Moderator
10,880 Posts
Kman, great haul!. Nice that you got your money back from selling the tiller. Looking at one of your pics in your earlier post, I thought one of the tractors was a puller, until I realized that the front wheels were really a hand truck.

·
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kman, great haul!. Nice that you got your money back from selling the tiller. Looking at one of your pics in your earlier post, I thought one of the tractors was a puller, until I realized that the front wheels were really a hand truck.
glad I brought it along........one tractor had no front tires on it and the other had the trans and engine removed....the cart worked like a set of wheels....

·
Gravely1964
3,775 Posts
Steve, that trailer is loaded! Have a good trip, and enjoy the show!
Got a few weeks till that fair lol. Starts the Aug 29th. The machines sit on display all week and enjoy themselfs :thThumbsU

There was always a crowd around them anytime I pop in. Pic from last year

005_21a.jpg

·
Registered
2,477 Posts

Most of this job were performed with the C12 with the 30 inch lh deck. And a chainsaw. Lots of big wood in there.

The Deere did see some use as well. But the C12 did the bulk of the job.

Much of what I did wasn't visible in the 1st pic. The large rocks you see in the background of the last pic..... I cleared around 4 of them. Plus cleared an area for a timber pile. All behind the 3 to 4 feet deep brush and tree's in the 1st pic.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
I haven't been doing much with the tractors for the last several weeks due to the shop project but I didn't manage a little accessory work today.

Some time ago, I bought a fan wrench for the L/C Models. I used it and set it aside. Well, a little surface rust appearing on it lit a fire in me. I started with this:

IMG_5492.JPG

After a thorough cleaning on the wire wheel and wipe down with solvent, I put a coat of primer and a top coat of white appliance enamel. After the paint dried, I finished the wrench out with a couple of coats of Plasti-Dip on the handle.

Much better:

IMG_5515.JPG

Sorry about the pic rotation. It's a glitch in the forum software.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Before I forget, I also put up some Gravely artwork:

IMG_5496.JPG

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Nice art work DJ! I really like the transmission sign.
I've been looking for one of the pads they put on the parts counter to put on my bench for carb work. No luck so far. Wouldn't mind a small service sign either. I do have a 3'X5' flag for outside of my shop though.

1 - 20 of 1712 Posts