My Tractor Forum banner

1961 - 1980 of 1998 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,603 Posts
I plowed 4 driveways including my own with the 814 this morning. I did them yesterday when I thought the snow had ended, but then it started up again. There were probably another 2 inches on the ground. I also pushed more accumulated piles of snow over the retaining wall to make room for more snow.

·
Premium Member
4,981 Posts
I'll get some pix after I get done working.
The 816 is glaring at me. Probably wanted to play in the snow some more.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
I mowed around some trees I planted a couple of years ago with the 106 on my 5240. Then drained and changed the engine oil. Does that count? I wish I had gravelys when I lived in new england. We don't get any snow to speak of in east tn. I am not complaining 😁

·
Premium Member
4,981 Posts
We don't get any snow to speak of in east tn.
I can arrange to ship you some. Anything for a fellow Gravely owner :)

Reactions: tracktortag

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
I went out and loosened up a way to tight starter chain and plugged it up and hit the start button just to see what it would do and it cranked much better than it did a week ago but didnt wanna start but it didnt crank near as fast as normally or when it did when I got it anyway but the battery has been sitting out in the cold for prolly six months or so, but I was glad to loosen that chain up.
Wnen I crank my pull start L w/a ratchet just to keep the oil and stuff moving as opposed to freezing and stuff rusting from no oil being splashed around inside there I hear a real loud magneto 'snap' when it starts getting tight but I dont hear it on the L-8 but they are two diff magneto brands for what thats worth. Plus the pull start L is all put together and the other one ( L-8 ) is all over the place as usual, I dont even have the air cleaner assy on it or battery.
But I just went out there for a few mins anyway because Im still yet to get hernia fixed, or " hernia's ". I got a few pics just for heck of it.
I'll get more serious in the spring with them. But the ' bug ' is starting already, so I gotta do something with em if its just take pics and post them lol.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,981 Posts
It definitely is glaring at you for more play!
Yeah. That's one of my go-to machines for the last few years. It loves getting out there and working. But of course so to my 812 with FEL, my comm12, my several super C's, my '43 L, my '59 L . . . . . Dang. Maybe I have too many tractors? Nah, I have more attachments than I do tractors. That probably means I don't have enough tractors.

Reactions: Early8Q

·
Super Moderator
12,603 Posts
lol. I guess it depends on how you look at it. :) The "windrow" from past snows that I plowed was narrowing the width of the driveway, so it had to go over the side.

·
Super Moderator
12,603 Posts

I have a blower on the 816, but blowing the snow over the edge also means being right on the edge of the retaining wall. I put a wheel over the side once with the 814/plow. I'd wouldn't want to chance putting the 816 over the side with 300lbs. of blower hanging off the front.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have the blower on the 816, but pushing the snow View attachment 2492215 over the edge also means being right on the edge of the retaining wall. I put a wheel over the side once with the 814/plow. I'd wouldn't want to chance putting the 816 over the side with 300lbs. of blower hanging off the front.
Looks like you have some elevation change on your place. Be careful, do you put those sticks in to mark the edge?

·
Super Moderator
12,603 Posts
No, I don't. I can judge the edge by the drop off. I just got a bit too ambitious, thinking that I could push the snow juust a little farther some years ago. I took the pic then. I haven't gone over since The 814's left front tire is over the side in the pic. The 816 (pre cab) helped to pull it out.

Another reason for having more than one Gravely, Sooty. :D Oh, sorry, GAS talking again...:)

·
Registered
83 Posts
No, I don't. I can judge the edge by the drop off. I just got a bit too ambitious, thinking that I could push the snow juust a little farther some years ago. I took the pic then. I haven't gone over since The 814's left front tire is over the side in the pic. The 816 (pre cab) helped to pull it out.

Another reason for having more than one Gravely, Sooty. :D Oh, sorry, GAS talking again...:)
Now you are going to make me get a rider to go with my three 2-wheeled gravelys. I already have 2 tractors, and I do have room, and I have been looking. :unsure:

I am sure my wife expect it at this point, then she rolls her eyes!!!!! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,981 Posts
Sooty, and anybody who hasn't caught on; we're all enablers. This is a support group for your gravely addiction. We don't support you in kicking it. We support you getting more addicted :)

Reactions: Lnk

·
Super Moderator
12,603 Posts
Now you are going to make me get a rider to go with my three 2-wheeled gravelys. I already have 2 tractors, and I do have room, and I have been looking. :unsure:

I am sure my wife expect it at this point, then she rolls her eyes!!!!! :rolleyes:
It sounds like we don't need to make you, you're already doing fine on your own. :D G.A.S. can work wonders.

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts

Hope she is not reading this but I thought only drunk goats rolled their eyes.

1961 - 1980 of 1998 Posts