My Tractor Forum banner
1,761 - 1,780 of 2,581 Posts
Today I finally mounted the 44" blower, cab, wheel weights, and chains back on the 816 for the winter. And practically guaranteed that there will be no blowable snow for me this winter.:)
Ha! I did the very opposite. For the first time in years I decided not to mount the cab and blower on a 16G. I am going to chance things with a 24" walk-behind blower. I was thinking that would up the chance of SnowMageddon!

:p

I was gearing up the other day. An all onan plow team, and short run and one year wonders. 450 only made from 69 to 71, 817 only made in 77, and my beloved 818-T only made in 78
Agricultural machinery Vehicle Soil Tractor Plough
Vehicle Tractor Tree Soil Grass
Vehicle Motor vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery Lawn
Vehicle Outdoor power equipment Car Mower Auto part

Reactions: Cat385B
So, you switch tractors depending of you just push the snow straight ahead, or plow it to the left or right?
LOL no not how it works. Use the 818-T mostly as it sits back at the house. If im in no hurry I'll use the 817, or play with the 450. Not like I have 12 different things to move snow with lol

was snowblowing with my L8 convertible and Gravely slowed down and stopped like it was running out of gas. Tried to restart,,would turn over but not start. Tank is 3/4full. Where do I start ? Thanks!
Is fuel getting to the carb (gas turned off, fuel filter plugged, tank port plugged [might have a screen in there?])?

My other thought would be a stuck valve or carbon under a valve. Have good compression still? After checking the above first.

Other than start it every once in a while I have done nothing. No grass growing and no snow. So it is setting in the garage :(

Got some snow the other day
Snow Winter Atmospheric phenomenon Freezing Frost

Snow Winter Tree Freezing Frost

Enough to unleash the 76 408 and blade
Snow Tractor Vehicle Snow blower Winter

Snow Tractor Vehicle Motor vehicle Snowplow

Snow Vehicle Snow removal Snowplow Snow blower

Short version

Full length version

By 4 pm it was like it never happened though
Property Land lot Natural landscape Tree Grass

Great seeing your little 408 plowing snow, Steve. It looks like you were having a good time using it too. It did a good job pushing snow that had built up in front of the plow straight ahead. These are neat little tractors.

I'm sure that John (jepics) will be happy when he sees your vids.

I was back at it again today. Good 4 inches of snow
Snow Winter Freezing Winter storm Tree

Broke out the 566 and the square shoot blower with castors for my my walk ways
Snow Winter Snow blower Vehicle Freezing

Snow Snow blower Winter Vehicle Snowplow

Used the 408 out front. Was actually dragging belly in the snow in the grass
Snow Snow blower Winter Snowplow Vehicle

Worked well. Not a whole lot vids from this as I knocked the tri pod over and got snow in the camera before finishing the side walk out front. About the max amount I would want to try with the 408 and no weight though
Snow Snow removal Snowplow Snow blower Winter

We got a little over an inch of snow. They way this winter is going it may be all the snow we get so I got out and pushed it around
Snow Snow blower Winter Outdoor power equipment Tool

Had 818-T out pushing snow. What a wet sloppy mess to deal with. Pretty but a mess
Tractor Vehicle Snow Agricultural machinery Automotive tire
Snow Vehicle Snow blower Tool Outdoor power equipment
Snow Winter Snow blower Vehicle Snow removal
Snow Winter Snow blower Snow removal Vehicle
Snow Snow removal Winter Snowplow Vehicle
Snow Snow blower Winter Vehicle Tree
Snow Winter Home Freezing Tree

I quickly cobbled up a mount for the Warn winch that I've had for a while now. I'm going to be retrieving something through the woods in the coming days, or weeks, and I may need the winch to pull it across, and up the gully. Future plans call for picking up a piece of 3 sided stock that I can slide over the lifetable hitch receivers, and welding a platform to it for the winch mount. It will be secured with two pins, instead of one pin like it is now. I'll pre-wire the 814, and 816 with quick connects at their ends, so I'll be able to quickly attach the winch to either tractor if needed.
This will have to do for now. It should work out okay.
Vehicle

I used the 816 (with winch), and 814 to rescue an old self propelled buzz saw the other day. First I had to push back a leaf, and branch pile with the 814 to create a pathway for the saw. A lot of winching followed, the first pull started at about 80 ft. across the wooded gully to the neighbors back yard. Then repositioning the 816 several times for different angles as I pulled the saw through, and back up my side of the gully (the saw lost it's rotted tires along the way). Once up, I was able to tow it the rest of the way around to the driveway.
Vehicle Tree Leaf Soil Tractor
Soil Tree Grass Plant
Vehicle Soil Tree Agricultural machinery Tractor
Motor vehicle Vehicle Tree Car Automotive tire
Vehicle Motor vehicle Soil Tree Agricultural machinery

1,761 - 1,780 of 2,581 Posts