My Tractor Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What did you do to or on your John Deere today?

2M views 14K replies 812 participants last post by  Mike X485 
#1 ·
I thought it might be interesting to start a thread with a log of every day things that you do to or while on your John Deere tractor or mower. No rules, if you want to post every day that you cut the grass, then so be it. I'll start;

Today I changed the transaxel fluid and filter on my X485. I then bled it by riding forward and reverse many times like a crazy person. I put cast iron wheel weights on the rear wheels as well. Then I hooked up the 10P cart and pulled the pool pump and filter/supplies out of the garage and tugged them up the hill to the pool. Unloaded, then drove it back down to the garage and parked it. Yesterday was a real banner day, I was helping the neighbor put her deck on an LX176, but she did not tell me that the engine was hot. You know those heat shields around the muffler that are labled Hot? Well I have a nice burn on my forearm that says,..yes they are. :thThumbsU

#2 ·
Nothing today since its Sunday. Might have to mow once again really soon since it dumped 3 inches of rain on us. Yesterday I put the blade on and scraped mud of the road from the storm.

Reactions: huibergmaria
#3 ·
Harry; I like this thread so... Today I did nothing with my Deeres. :crybaby: We had rain here.

I do need to cut the grass. Maybe Mrs. Nut will cut some tomorrow. I Think she like seat time as much as me. :D

I do hope others will include pictures... everyone knows:wwp:

#5 ·
I pressure washed the underside of my LX188 deck ( I didn't hit the bearings ). found 6" of grass buildup in 3 spots that I scraped first.. 4 rust holes too ( 1 I knew about ) and 2 of them will need small patches. No big deal, just time is all.

Today I worked on my gas powered compressor that I'm building. It will get towed around with my LX188 when it's done and may end up JD Green and Yellow

#9 ·
Well, I removed the engine off the STX 46,developed a oil leak on oil pump cover. Found out that ticks live for over a week in oil under a tractor :( . Pulled old JD 180 up into garage as I wait for this guy to meet me with transaxle. Worked on Carb on STX before yanking it, got it to run a little better. Seemed to do alot on JD today!!

#13 ·
My son-in-law and I put this on

I've had this Ruegg 3ph around for a while. I've set it out a few times wondering "how does this thing go on?" :dunno: Anyway, we _think_ this may be correct ... This is a nicely made product. But it really needs some instructions with pictures :)

#14 ·
Changed all the filters,fluids and plugs, hooked up the rear blade to grade the gravel lane and level out a large area of dirt in the yard I was tired of bouncing over when mowing. Moved another barrel with the carryall to put under the gutter downspout and catch some free water if it ever rains again.

So very dry here most of the crops are starting to show signs of drought and I haven't had to mow in 3 weeks. :praying: for 2" once every 5 days for the rest of summers growing season, seems like August weather here lately to me.

#17 ·
Lazy day for me. I spent it trying to figure out how to fix a flat tire on my mower. A previous plug that lasted for over a year just failed. So it's either a new tire, plug it, tube it or slime it...

Still pondering my options.

Land vehicle Vehicle Mower Lawn mower Lawn

#18 ·
Nada! Looked at the X500, thought it would be great to jump on it and put it to work. But instead I jumped on the Harley, and went for a ride.

#21 ·
The GT235 that I got about 2 months or so ago wasn't taken very good care of so every day I attempt to do one thing to it to get it in presentable shape. I don't like anything I have to use to not work properly nor look shabby.

Dick

#22 ·
This weekend I used the 214 to help haul about a cord of oak for firewood, and then mowed the lawn.

#24 ·
Been doing some Mowing with Deere's cousin The Sabre Today while the Deere's sat out In the shed:thThumbsU

#25 ·
Yesterday I mowed about 2 acres of lawn with the X585. The grass is getting thick and this is my first experience with the machine in heavy grass (got the machine late fall). I am loving it, this thing is like a beaver.

Today I hooked up the cart and hauled all of the beach equipment to the house for a good cleaning.

#27 ·
I keep my X540 in the back shed, it's been really dry so the lack of rain means I hadn't been out there for 7 or 8 days. Started it up and a big puff of mouse nesting blew out the front muffler area. Drove it to the shop lifted the hood and proceeded to blow it off with the air compressor, got all that out and started my inspection and found a freshly dead mouse with guts hanging out, had to remove it in two parts. Finally got to mow after a 30 minute or so delay.

Oh yea what was left of the mouse got mulched!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.