·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Picking up more downed branches from last week's storms, 3 loads today
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Pulled some tree trunks out of my paths this morning, I know the grapple would be more glamorous, however, my path isn't 12 feet wide to carry these. I do like using this attachment I found on eBay the drag trees around, it keeps them from digging in the sod and causing more work.
Riding mower Lawn mower Plant Wheel Tire
Tire Wheel Plant Bicycle tire Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
@burned300 - did you install the arms on there upside down on purpose? I think they typically point up at the ends - wasn't sure if you're trying to get closer to the ground with them?
Sorta on purpose, I bought these like that for $100 with the links, the arms that came with my 3 point are correct, so when I want to go low I’ll use these, when I want to be normal (HA) I’ll use the set that’s correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: ivel03

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
2022 Toyota 4Runner
7,105 Posts
Visiting Drone pilot took a couple quick videos of me mowing, and a elevated spin above the canopy of trees around the house. Plenty more video, but if you've seen one mower from 60' up, you've pretty much seen them all.

1 minute:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Pulled some tree trunks out of my paths this morning, I know the grapple would be more glamorous, however, my path isn't 12 feet wide to carry these. I do like using this attachment I found on eBay the drag trees around, it keeps them from digging in the sod and causing more work. View attachment 2556138 View attachment 2556139
That is a pretty neat attachment, thanks for sharing it.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Visiting Drone pilot took a couple quick videos of me mowing, and a elevated spin above the canopy of trees around the house. Plenty more video, but if you've seen one mower from 60' up, you've pretty much seen them all.

1 minute:

Very nice yard.
Mowing is a very relaxing thing. Mindless and instant gratification when you’re finished.

·
Super Moderator
44,874 Posts
Very nice yard.
Mowing is a very relaxing thing. Mindless and instant gratification when you’re finished.
But you sell it differently when talking to your wife! 😁 "I hate mowing, I wish I had a much bigger GT or SCUT so I could cut back the time I spend mowing and do more with you and the kids!"

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Pulled some tree trunks out of my paths this morning, I know the grapple would be more glamorous, however, my path isn't 12 feet wide to carry these. I do like using this attachment I found on eBay the drag trees around, it keeps them from digging in the sod and causing more work. View attachment 2556138 View attachment 2556139
I’ve been eyeballing that attachment for a while for the day I start clearing up my woods.. got a lot of <8” stuff to drag out and that looks like the way to get ‘we done!

Reactions: burned300

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I made a top link boom out of 1/2” plate. It is about 4’ long and replaces the top link. The extra length offers more lift for grabbing logs and brush. It sticks out about 3’ from the back of the 3 point hitch. I’m happy to take some pics if any of you are interested. It’s lots cheaper than that attachment.

Forest, you are welcome to borrow it if you want to try it out.

It has a slip link on the end that lets the chain tighten. Kinda like a chocker on a skidder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
377 Posts
I made a top link boom out of 1/2” plate. It is about 4’ long and replaces the top link. The extra length offers more lift for grabbing logs and brush. It sticks out about 3’ from the back of the 3 point hitch. I’m happy to take some pics if any of you are interested. It’s lots cheaper than that attachment.

It has a slip link on the end that lets the chain tighten. Kinda like a chocker on a skidder.

That works great as long as the front end stays planted. I like the idea so well I made one for my 318, looks like the X748 is gonna want one now.😄

6,232 Posts
Dealer Update.

Gladhills in Damascus MD had a big Z on the floor. Maybe a Z790, didn't look close, it has a 7Iron deck on it.

An X380

X570

X738 4WD. She said she knows there is a 54" deck for it in the back, so she priced it with the 54. $15,775 out the door. They will not transfer tractors. That was 2 hours ago, maybe gone?

There was a 2 series outside, and a couple bigger ones. Their number is 301 253 2141. If you wanted one and were up to a road trip, I'm sure they would hold it for you with a deposit.
I remember they had a X738 with the 540 rear and front scoop bucket only 150 hours on it for $9000 during the pandemic. Gladhill's daughter's phone number was posted. I guess no one buying anything and they are trying to get people stop by. I even went to look at it on a Sunday when they were closed. I drag my feet on buying it. Here's a picture of it.

My wife said if we need another tractor she will hire a lawn service and pay for it. :(

Tire Wheel Vehicle Riding mower Automotive tire

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
But you sell it differently when talking to your wife! 😁 "I hate mowing, I wish I had a much bigger GT or SCUT so I could cut back the time I spend mowing and do more with you and the kids!"
Can’t fool my wife. She says I’m completely intolerable unless I get at least an hour a day with a chainsaw in my hands or my butt in the seat of a tractor. Milled up a dozen White Pine slabs to put real floor boards and sides on my friends trailer yesterday.

·
Super Moderator
44,874 Posts
Well NY322 (the one I'm keeping) which normally has the loader on it was "sticking" at an angle at times when moving across the lawn. When it would break free it felt like someone hit it with a hammer (especially if the bucket was full). So I suspected that the bushings in the Axle probably were worn a bit so those got changed today. nice to have the press, was easy to remove the old bushings (I did try to pound them out but that wasn't working!). Only the axle bolt and power steering bolt removed to pull the entire axle out of the machine.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire
Automotive tire Tread Tire Motor vehicle Yellow

Order of the parts: Bushing, spacer, bushing. Later you will see the new parts are a little different:
Wood Automotive exterior Gas Table Automotive tire

New setup vs. old: (I like the old better)
Wood Cylinder Circuit component Gun accessory Writing implement

Food Font Transparency Plastic wrap Composite material
Food Yellow Material property Font Ingredient

I did have to add a steel bar on top of the floor jack so it would lift the axle back into position.

Gas Font Tints and shades Soil Grass

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
X495 water ring maxed out, cleaned housing & changed fuel filter. thats not beer in cup, I did rinse tank out last winter, still has dirt inside
Automotive tire Fluid Drinkware Gas Synthetic rubber
Tableware Drinkware Liquid Ingredient Cocktail
Plant Wood Grass Groundcover Grass family

6,232 Posts

Tractor Supply sells this that's similar for $200.

Wood Font Art Twig Framing hammer

·
Super Moderator
44,874 Posts
Well after shimming the pressure on the X728 the first thing I noticed when I put the Little Buck Loader on was that the line that was seeping began to drip pretty good. It had chafed in the retainer that LBL puts on them. So got a new line made today at the local hydraulics shop and added a sleeve around it to keep it from chafing:

Green Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Wood

19961 - 19980 of 20912 Posts