19941 - 19960 of 20412 Posts

·
Jerk of all trades
845 Posts
Spent some seat time on my 240 doing some mowing ...:D

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Now I’m confused. I thought you were driving to Michigan. Last time I checked there isn’t any place catch lobster there.

Or, are you talking about your trip to Maine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oops I thought you quoted the one where I said my friend and I were planning a road trip to Maine also. Don lives in Maine and his family did well in logging. Garry and I have known Don for at least 10 years but have never met in person. Don collects BIG stuff. He has two of 100 Sterling Torpedo trucks made for the Navy, two steam tractors used for skidding logs. I told him I found a Thiakol Super Imp, “Snow Cat”. He said they were cool, he had one and his brother had 4. I tried to trick him up once and told him I wanted a Lombard tracked tractor. He had two of them also. I’ll see if I can get some pics of Dons stuff.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
This is what his two Lombards look like.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Dealer Update.

Gladhills in Damascus MD had a big Z on the floor. Maybe a Z790, didn't look close, it has a 7Iron deck on it.

An X380

X570

X738 4WD. She said she knows there is a 54" deck for it in the back, so she priced it with the 54. $15,775 out the door. They will not transfer tractors. That was 2 hours ago, maybe gone?

There was a 2 series outside, and a couple bigger ones. Their number is 301 253 2141. If you wanted one and were up to a road trip, I'm sure they would hold it for you with a deposit.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
So, if you think you have an understanding wife that lets you have 10 JD's, you need to meet Dons wife.. Your storage area is probably in square feet, his is in square acres!
I know how that works. My family owns 330 acres in Central Maine.

Here is one of my Dad’s lawn ornaments.

·
Super Moderator
43,969 Posts
Today has been good so far, got the IRV valve shimmed and the new factory hydro release handle in. I put two of these shims in and now it has 900 psi at idle and about 1100 or so at full throttle both pressures dropped a bit while I was getting the camera set:

Material property Font Rectangle Temperature Tool
Motor vehicle Green Gauge Vehicle Yellow

Gauge Motor vehicle Speedometer Measuring instrument Gas

Decided to clean the 62" deck and change the blades with a sharpened set, I think it may have needed cleaning! Quick trip to the hose, should cut a bit better after this:

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire
Motor vehicle Wood Auto part Engineering Automotive tire

Green Automotive tire Vehicle Agricultural machinery Grass
Crankset Bicycle tire Tire Automotive tire Bicycle wheel

Also tested the Loader with the new higher pressure, it was noticeable when I lifted a bucket at idle from the dirt pile:
Plant Wheel People in nature Tree Botany
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

Plant Tree Fence Land lot Grass

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I know how that works. My family owns 330 acres in Central Maine.

Here is one of my Dad’s lawn ornaments.

I tried to convince my wife a refurbished RF would look good on the barns porch.. no go.. I’m pretty sure she would have a stronger name than “lawn ornament” for that if I tried to plant one in my front yard!

Reactions: UrbanTractor

·
Super Moderator
43,969 Posts
I really really hated cleaning the C decks.
I have to say, it isn't that bad when you can put them on the forks and run them up to the hose. I will also say that having it on the forks was really close to "max" weight without more ballast. Of course I add 350 lbs of ballast when I get in the seat so this was not an issue once I got on:

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Plant

·
Premium Member
14,928 Posts
I have to say, it isn't that bad when you can put them on the forks and run them up to the hose. I will also say that having it on the forks was really close to "max" weight without more ballast. Of course I add 350 lbs of ballast when I get in the seat so this was not an issue once I got on:

View attachment 2556056
Is that rear end as airborn as it looks???

My yard seems to have and endless supply of fallen branches!
View attachment 2556087
Story of my life here...

Mike

Reactions: Rarefish383

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Stopped in my small engine shop just to check, before buying a new carb solenoid. Told Curtis it would fire on ether, and fuel was pumping two feet out of the line. He said yep it’s the solenoid. Just pull it out and snip it off. I cracked up he said that. He has a beautiful garage queen 445 for sale. Steel gear, new upgraded radiator, low hours. But I didn’t ask what low is. They want $4500. If anyone wants a pic I can get one. Thirty minutes from Baltimore.

19941 - 19960 of 20412 Posts