My Tractor Forum banner
19861 - 19880 of 20352 Posts

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
6,985 Posts
Just back from a vacation at the beach (Cape May) with great friends. My lawn is in desperate need of a mow, so I'm on it. Unfortunately, I missed a cherry 2017 x758 from a local used Deere equipment sales location. He had 2x x738 and 2x x758 all with under 200 hours and looking pristine. And more unfortunately, there were at least 4 folks not on vacation watching his listings. I would have been happy with either x738 or x758 as the all had drive over and auto connect decks. Kind of a dream come true for a guy whose back is getting allergic to cold dirty concrete.

·
Premium Member
14,895 Posts
@Jere39 Bummer on the Deeres, but sounds like you had a great time!

Did you talk to the dealer and ask to be called first if he gets another?

Mike

Reactions: Jere39

·
Parts collector
88 Dodge Snowfiter, 93 Dodge diesel, 02 Durango, 01 Electra, 02 Sportster, 2000 Dodge diesel 5 speed
5,227 Posts
I did some mowing and grass killing for the new splitting area since I'm renting a chipper tomorrow I needed to prep the area for the chips I'm going to put down in the splitting area.
BUT then this happened................

I got a call from my wife at 7am telling me the Durango over heated and shut off. It was an hr from home on the turn pike. She had one of her co-workers come pick her up and drive her the rest of the 5 miles to work.
I got to fire up the Cummins with the trailer and go retrieve the thing then go to her work office and pick her up. It would not start so I'm glad I have a 12K winch mounted to the trailer to get it on.
Pretty sure the head gaskets both blew out. So I'm gonna try the blue devil head gasket sealer and see if it works. It's got 250K on it so if I do the heads I may as well tear it down and freshen it up while I'm at it. :confused:

Reactions: PA318Guy

·
Premium Member
14,895 Posts
Yikes. It's been a while since I've had that problem, but aren't blown head gaskets the result of overheating, not the cause?

If so, what caused it to overheat?

Mike

Reactions: mopar65pa

·
Likes Vintage JDs
11,845 Posts
Just back from a vacation at the beach (Cape May) with great friends. My lawn is in desperate need of a mow, so I'm on it. Unfortunately, I missed a cherry 2017 x758 from a local used Deere equipment sales location. He had 2x x738 and 2x x758 all with under 200 hours and looking pristine. And more unfortunately, there were at least 4 folks not on vacation watching his listings. I would have been happy with either x738 or x758 as the all had drive over and auto connect decks. Kind of a dream come true for a guy whose back is getting allergic to cold dirty concrete.
Jere, I saw (on craigslist) those X758s and yes they were beauties.

But there will be more. Now I know you’re in the market, I’ll keep my eyes peeled for you.👍

·
Premium Member
I use scissors! Twice a week.
9,556 Posts
Well, that kinda happens when you have really bad karma from causing weeks and weeks of extra snow all over NA and even parts of Europe...

·
Premium Member
14,895 Posts
Hopefully you only need to replace the pieces stuck to metal, and don't need to sew new velcro onto the material itself?

Mike

Reactions: Rarefish383

·
Premium Member
14,895 Posts
What kind of sewing machine do you have? I've been thinking about buying one.

Mike

Reactions: PA318Guy

·
Registered
320 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,895 Posts
Singer 4452 Heavy Duty sewing machine. It's what I used to make the cab lowers for my 322 cabs.
Wow, so many choices here, wasn't expecting that...

How did you decide on that model? Did you buy it new or used?

Mike

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
6,985 Posts
Thanks guys for keeping an eye out for me. FWIW, not all the beach vacation was great. I had a case of Lyme disease flare up while there. Still sorting through fever, alternating chills and sweats, headache, and a puffy soft tissue infection. On a regimen of doxycycline to knock it out of my system. Kind of hard to get in to see a Dr when they turn down anyone with any symptoms that "could" be COVID even if you test negative. Sort of had to play a little fast and loose with the symptoms.

·
Premium Member
14,895 Posts
Yikes, feel better, Jere!

Mike

·
Super Moderator
43,929 Posts
Wow, so many choices here, wasn't expecting that...

How did you decide on that model? Did you buy it new or used?

Mike
Mike, I bought it new. I was looking for something that could sew through canvas/denim (I figure that is likely the thickest material I'd ever be doing) so I knew it would be heavy duty. I learned on Singers and have always like them. This sort of let's you know what it will do:

Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Screenshot

·
Premium Member
14,895 Posts
Nice, thanks. I see one NIB on CL, down in RI. They want $150, not sure if it's worth the risk (vs. buying new).

Mike

·
Premium Member
7,582 Posts
Before pic and partial after pic of wet sanded orange paint from #54 quick hitch JD blade, I only paid $75 for it. I'd buy another one for that price
Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Riding mower
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Road surface

19861 - 19880 of 20352 Posts