My Tractor Forum banner
17981 - 18000 of 19426 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I see, you don't think that small joystick would carry the current to trip a relay? I may need to look at the electrical schematic from my truck.

I have a larger joystick, but would really like to explore something thumb-sized. I'll keep thinking on it.

Mike
If it is in fact a digital switch, you wont be able to use it, as is will not close circuit on 2 wires when moved to a direction like a regular switch. In other words, if you would probe with a multimeter to see which wires are shorting when you move the joystick to a direction, none will do it.
(Digital switches will have some electronic on them)
However, if the joystick switch is analog, then you could use one.

Good luck with your project
Cheers
Dan

·
Registered
2008 John Deere LA135
610 Posts
Those type of mirror switches are usually just a resistance signal to another module that controls the motors in the mirror. It is just a request signal, and will not actually power anything. It operates on an extremely low current circuit.

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,114 Posts
Thanks guys!

Mike

Reactions: jmb6420

·
Registered
618 Posts
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Vehicle

Wheel Tire Tractor Vehicle Automotive tire

I didn't have any parts left over ;)

I have several 4x8x16 concrete cinder blocks. The 16" was just a tad too long to lay in. I will probably break off the 1" or so to lay flat and should be able to get more weight in. Currently have 4 in there, weighing in at an extra 132 lbs and at a cost of roughly $6 (using today's HD prices).

I still like my yellow screen. Think a cab with yellow doors would look nice, but a cab wont fit through my shed doors and I'm not parking a vehicle outside to park the 445 in the garage.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
View attachment 2536256

View attachment 2536257

I didn't have any parts left over ;)

I have several 4x8x16 concrete cinder blocks. The 16" was just a tad too long to lay in. I will probably break off the 1" or so to lay flat and should be able to get more weight in. Currently have 4 in there, weighing in at an extra 132 lbs and at a cost of roughly $6 (using today's HD prices).

I still like my yellow screen. Think a cab with yellow doors would look nice, but a cab wont fit through my shed doors and I'm not parking a vehicle outside to park the 445 in the garage.
Is that a store bought weight box? many years ago, a local school system shut down all the vo-tech classes and built a big vo-tech school. I bought most of the print chests from the print shops. I have 5-600 pounds of Mono Type. I store it in ammo boxes. I bet that box would work well full of Mono Type!

Mono Type is the old lead type used way ack when.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Is that a store bought weight box? many years ago, a local school system shut down all the vo-tech classes and built a big vo-tech school. I bought most of the print chests from the print shops. I have 5-600 pounds of Mono Type. I store it in ammo boxes. I bet that box would work well full of Mono Type!

Mono Type is the old lead type used way ack when.
Nope, original JD ballast box. Original instructions included, parts page is dated 1996.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Sorry Mike, my way of miss using the English language. I meant was it a JD part, not home made. I have a 20 MM ammo can that is way bigger than a 50 Cal, and it would probably sit on the hitch OK. But, I like the hitch tab on your box. I really need my ball on the back, I use it a lot with 4 trailers, wood splitter, and such. I'm going to see if I can find one. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
@PEIDeerefan Now THAT looks like fun! OK, maybe for a giant loader...

That DOT pic of the road reminds me of my backyard in 2015. We had well over 4-5 feet of snow fall over a few weeks, and it was too cold to melt any of it. I had a series of tunnels out back, to access firewood, etc. My kids loved it, were running around with their Tonka trucks for a few weeks.

I'm sure you guys get stuff like that all the time, but a typical bad winter for us usually means 3 feet or less on the ground at any given time.

Mike
@mikeinri Yes, 2015 was a record snowfall for us too that year. A few roads out in the country had snowbanks higher than than our big snowplow equipment. Since then, same for us on the 3 feet or less on the ground. I do some snowmobiling and I remember in 2015 we were on the trails till the first week of May which was the latest that I have ever been on the trails.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
@mikeinri Yes, 2015 was a record snowfall for us too that year. A few roads out in the country had snowbanks higher than than our big snowplow equipment. Since then, same for us on the 3 feet or less on the ground. I do some snowmobiling and I remember in 2015 we were on the trails till the first week of May which was the latest that I have ever been on the trails.
Here is a couple of pictures fron 2015.
Snow Sky Boat Watercraft Vehicle
Sky Mountain Snow Vehicle Slope

·
Premium Member
14,114 Posts
Whoa... That almost looks like some of the mountain pass pics I've seen posted by a member in Japan. Crazy deep.

There was a snow pile near Boston that I think finally melted in June or July that year. It was basically a man-made mountain. They just kept piling everything in a huge empty lot from all over the city.

In the old days, I believe they just dumped it into the harbor/ocean, but there was too much concern over pollution. It probably all ends up there through the storm drains anyways.

Mike

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
In 2015 also, in Moncton New Brunswick which is about 1 1/2 drive from here, their pile of snow lasted till July.

I can remember not too long ago that yes, all snow in the 2 biggest cities here in PEI, all snow was dumped into their harbour but not any more. That pollution thing took effect here too.

·
Jerk of all trades
795 Posts
In 2015 also, in Moncton New Brunswick which is about 1 1/2 drive from here, their pile of snow lasted till July.

I can remember not too long ago that yes, all snow in the 2 biggest cities here in PEI, all snow was dumped into their harbour but not any more. That pollution thing took effect here too.
Perfect for ice for the coolers ..

·
Registered
142 Posts
Whoa... That almost looks like some of the mountain pass pics I've seen posted by a member in Japan. Crazy deep.

There was a snow pile near Boston that I think finally melted in June or July that year. It was basically a man-made mountain. They just kept piling everything in a huge empty lot from all over the city.

In the old days, I believe they just dumped it into the harbor/ocean, but there was too much concern over pollution. It probably all ends up there through the storm drains anyways.

Mike
I remember in 2017 winter storm Ella dumped so much snow in Boston that they were actually doing just that again because there was nowhere else to put it.

I remember gearing up with a few friends and walking through waist deep snow to the bar just north of that in NH.

·
Premium Member
7,463 Posts
Replaced driveshaft in X495, this has to be the easiest way to lube the u-joint
Hand tool Tool Automotive tire Wood Bumper

·
Premium Member
2019 JD X570, 1996 JD 445, 2003 L110, 1978 212
1,215 Posts
Picked up a S120, 425, 445 w/blower, 318 w/ tiller, 320, 345 w/deck and plow, and a 345 w/deck and blower
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Toy Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2019 JD X570, 1996 JD 445, 2003 L110, 1978 212
1,215 Posts
I looked for one of these to put on my Christmas tree, but the price was prohibitive.

View attachment 2536390
The 318 I've got is actually a Hallmark from quite a few years ago. Not sure when it happened but at some point it lost its steering wheel. :(

• Sad
Reactions: Wladson
17981 - 18000 of 19426 Posts