My Tractor Forum banner
17961 - 17980 of 19425 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,114 Posts
@papagino Awesome video, Dan!

Any chance you could post some pics/video showing details of your switch panel, as well as the extra lights, etc. on the cab?

Thanks!

Mike

·
Super Moderator
42,365 Posts
What did you do to or on your John Deere today... ???
How about a 4k 360 degree video from my JD 322 inside cab showing the beast in action!

Got your attention!
Ok ok, here is the link:

Lots more videos coming soon.

Make sure to read the description on the video to find out all about this setup...

Cheers
Dan
Slick camera(s) setup!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hey there, I'm in Eastern Canada, in New Brunswick.
And now, with the tractor, it is more like a therapy. I am loving it, specially with the heated cab.
My wife just does not understand - even without a heated cab, it's "me-time" when I'm out there!
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Snow Vehicle

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes, I will do all this, and also show the outside tractor during the day and night with all the lights on.
I will upload a 360 deg photo from inside the cab, but with the camera in the middle of the cab showing all the different "alterations" I did to it...

The switch panel, I designed and 3D printed it to fit in the front portion of the cab.
(I have a mechanical engineering background in the electronic field and designing stuff is easy for me)
No holes were drilled to secure the switch panel, it uses 2 existing bolt used on the ceiling.

Table Rectangle Coffee table Gas Electric blue

I am currently waiting for a different window camera mount that will place the camera further inside from the windshield. This will give a better and wider view.

Also, in this first video, I had to angle the camera toward me a bit to get it further out inside the cab, but doing this caused me to have to use the "FlowState Stabilisation" and "Lock Direction" in the camera software in order to have the camera point forward by default. My future videos will be much better as the camera will be perfectly perpendicular to the ground with no FlowState Stabilisation and Lock Direction activated providing a more natural feel.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
14,114 Posts
@papagino Cool, thanks (again). I forgot to mention, I (obviously) read your notes in the description under the video on YouTube, would really like to see your custom-printed chute knob as well!

Mike

Reactions: jmb6420

·
Registered
26 Posts
@papagino Cool, thanks (again). I forgot to mention, I (obviously) read your notes in the description under the video on YouTube, would really like to see your custom-printed chute knob as well!

Mike
Sure, Here it it is:
It has the same profile as the original knob, just wider to accommodate the momentary rocker switch. The switch control 2 relays wired to reverse polarity of the chute actuator motor. I use a balloon to cover the knob, to make it easy to grab and to make it water proof.

The actuator motor, also from Amazon is "IP66 Electric Linear Actuator 12V - (4 in. / 100 lbs.) | Innovative Motor, Durable Stroke and Waterproof Protection | for Outdoor, Agriculture, Solar, Home | Model: PA-04-4-100 ".

If anyone have access to a 3D printer and want the STL file, just PM me and I can gladly provide...

Automotive lighting Font Rectangle Automotive design Electric blue
Automotive lighting Automotive design Rectangle Automotive exterior Gadget
Product Rectangle Font Machine Auto part

And here is the Rocker Switch Panel I used (Amazon):
Electric blue Electronic device Fashion accessory Wire Event

Cheers
Dan

·
Jerk of all trades
795 Posts
Hey there, I'm in Eastern Canada, in New Brunswick.
Cheers
Dan
I only go to my Cocagne resident in the spring/summer months when they let us go ..

·
Premium Member
14,114 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,114 Posts
@papagino Very nice, great skills, Dan!

I don't have a 3D printer, but am curious. How hard was it to get the original knob shape into the program? Is there any automation to help with that?

Great idea on the balloon, I'd have never thought of that!

Mike

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I was looking for some weights and a local FB add had pics of steel framed doors and windows for a JD cab. $200. Description said if you are looking for these, you know what they are, so don’t ask. Well, thanks a lot seller! They look, in the pics, like a farm tractor cab. But, looking at all the cabs on the GT’s? I don’t know? Anyone want the link to check them out. I’m in Western MD, Frederick area.

just doors and windows. Look very solid no rust or very little in pics.

·
Registered
26 Posts
@papagino Very nice, great skills, Dan!

I don't have a 3D printer, but am curious. How hard was it to get the original knob shape into the program? Is there any automation to help with that?

Great idea on the balloon, I'd have never thought of that!

Mike
Hey Mike, I modeled the knob with a CAD software (I'm a Pro at this...)
The way I did it was to place the original knob on top of the computer screen while I was doing the modeling.

Also, removing the original knob isn't as easy as just pulling on it (in my case anyway), I had to use a pair of ViseGrip just below the knob and use a small nail puller on top of the ViseGrip for leverage. This way, no stress was done on the linkages...

Cheers
Dan

·
Jerk of all trades
795 Posts
I am in Caraquet, not to far from Cocagne... Small world.

Cheers
Dan
Caraquet is nice .. We've been a couple of times.. watch out for them big meeses ..
Pump House ;)... Cheers..

·
Premium Member
14,114 Posts
Hey Mike, I modeled the knob with a CAD software (I'm a Pro at this...)
The way I did it was to place the original knob on top of the computer screen while I was doing the modeling.

Also, removing the original knob isn't as easy as just pulling on it (in my case anyway), I had to use a pair of ViseGrip just below the knob and use a small nail puller on top of the ViseGrip for leverage. This way, no stress was done on the linkages...

Cheers
Dan
Gotcha. Is it as "simple" as making outlines from a few different angles?

I have a (different brand) tractor with a handle that screws onto the tranny lever. (Good luck getting that off if you don't know it's screwed on, it's not obvious on the parts diagram...)

Anyway, someone here on MTF (I believe) added a switch to that handle to control one of his snowblower actuators (chute or lift). These tractors don't have hydraulics, so everything needs an electric motor.

I've been thinking of ways to add a joystick and/or control panel, but your post inspired me: I should make a modified handle, with a thumb-sized joystick (think rear view mirror control like the pic below) and one rocker switch. Then I could control chute rotation and deflection with the joystick, and lift with the rocker.

Mike

Automotive design Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Fixture

·
Registered
26 Posts
Gotcha. Is it as "simple" as making outlines from a few different angles?

I have a (different brand) tractor with a handle that screws onto the tranny lever. (Good luck getting that off if you don't know it's screwed on, it's not obvious on the parts diagram...)

Anyway, someone here on MTF (I believe) added a switch to that handle to control one of his snowblower actuators (chute or lift). These tractors don't have hydraulics, so everything needs an electric motor.

I've been thinking of ways to add a joystick and/or control panel, but your post inspired me: I should make a modified handle, with a thumb-sized joystick (think rear view mirror control like the pic below) and one rocker switch. Then I could control chute rotation and deflection with the joystick, and lift with the rocker.

Mike

View attachment 2536125
I think the mirror type joystick switch such as the one on your picture are digital switch.

However, something like this could work:
Amazon.ca

Or something like this:
https://www.amazon.ca/Joystick-Clas...prefix=arduino+joystick+switch,aps,64&sr=8-69

You could make a panel with the joystick and rocker switch beside it...

Everything is possible, just need to put your time into it...
Cheers
Dan

·
Premium Member
14,114 Posts
I see, you don't think that small joystick would carry the current to trip a relay? I may need to look at the electrical schematic from my truck.

I have a larger joystick, but would really like to explore something thumb-sized. I'll keep thinking on it.

Mike

17961 - 17980 of 19425 Posts