My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
16641 - 16660 of 16819 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,081 Posts
@PA318Guy How could you tell one cylinder was quitting?

Mike

·
Super Moderator
38,511 Posts
Easy, engine rpm dropped and tone of the engine changed dramatically. Also, when I went to buy Tville322 they started it and I told them that is had one cylinder not operating, these have a very different tone when a cylinder quits, at least to me. All of them thought I was crazy till they tested and found out the middle cylinder was not firing.

·
Premium Member
12,081 Posts
Interesting. I had a Briggs Intek twin that was only running on one cylinder. I had no clue, until I brought it to a local guy to get the brakes fixed.

He correctly diagnosed that it was only running on one cylinder, but incorrectly told me to scrap the engine. It wound up being a blocked port in the carb. Cleaned it out and it ran great afterwards.

Even still, it would run great just on the one cylinder. Weird.

Mike

·
Premium Member
7,185 Posts
Cut grass with X720SE, typical fall day , dry pine needles, dry leaves, grass still good and green. Tractor covered in layer of dust.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
6,511 Posts

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
My new 54” Edge deck came in yesterday, dropped the X540 off this morning for installation. I hate leveling decks so I figured I’d let them do it. All I’ll have to do is add the screws for the Cyclone, and I’ll be ready for leaves.

·
blinged out
1,535 Posts
My new 54” Edge deck came in yesterday, dropped the X540 off this morning for installation. I hate leveling decks so I figured I’d let them do it. All I’ll have to do is add the screws for the Cyclone, and I’ll be ready for leaves.
x540 deck leveling is pretty easy,much easier than the x500 that you have to do from below!
what screws are you talking about for the cyclone,my boot just drops on the studs in place of deck discharge deflector!

·
Jerk of all trades
547 Posts
I have been working on my 42" snow thrower, some welding, paint etc. to try to get it ready for the snow, my 240 has been sitting in the background just watching.. :whistle:

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
That looks great, both the tractor and the yard! What are the front weights for?

·
Super Moderator
13,667 Posts
After putting less than 1/3 of the normal hours on my mowers this summer and now that we’ve had some rain with little to no frost, I’m piling on the hours now. Mowed until 45 mins after dark last night with the X758. Repeat again tonight or finish up on Saturday.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Was in process of mowing the yard. Was a gorgeous day for it. Got most of it done, then the rain started.... Well, more like "deluge"..... In less then 10 seconds, I was soaked to the skin. No warning, just a bit cloudy, then, RAIN!!! :D Tractors got a nice rinse though. :D

·
Premium Member
12,081 Posts
How did you narrow that down?

Mike

·
Registered
2008 John Deere LA135
480 Posts
Was in process of mowing the yard. Was a gorgeous day for it. Got most of it done, then the rain started.... Well, more like "deluge"..... In less then 10 seconds, I was soaked to the skin. No warning, just a bit cloudy, then, RAIN!!! :D Tractors got a nice rinse though. :D
I got caught in that too!

I received the snow blower lift actuator, so I brought a bunch of the snow blower parts and the tractor from the shed into the garage to assemble it and make sure everything works (it does). With the snow blower attached, I drove back to the shed (about 250' away from the house) to disconnect it, and the sky opened up! I called the house from the shed and had one of my kids come out with an umbrella. Lol

I'll make a separate thread about the actuator. I really like it!

·
Super Moderator
38,511 Posts
How did you narrow that down?

Mike
Spark plug tester showed me which cylinder/coil was not firing as first test. Then tested at the plug from the ECM coming up to the coils, voltage for two lines was .7 vdc and third was .0 vdc. I also changed the coil with a spare that I had and it still did the same thing.

·
Premium Member
12,081 Posts
Gotcha, thanks!

Mike

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I got caught in that too!

I received the snow blower lift actuator, so I brought a bunch of the snow blower parts and the tractor from the shed into the garage to assemble it and make sure everything works (it does). With the snow blower attached, I drove back to the shed (about 250' away from the house) to disconnect it, and the sky opened up! I called the house from the shed and had one of my kids come out with an umbrella. Lol

I'll make a separate thread about the actuator. I really like it!
I don't have any kids to bring me an umbrella that live at home anymore. :) Of course, I don't have an umbrella either....... At least it wasn't a cold rain. :D

16641 - 16660 of 16819 Posts