My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
16241 - 16260 of 16370 Posts

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
was just emailing with the seller. He said he gets a ton of questions about the 48" blades. He was going to look into it and maybe will be offering a 60" wear bar like he does for the other extensions. Heavy Hitch also looks to selll a 60" AR400 steel bar. $$$$ though...
Attached are photos of the plow extensions. Also I looked at OnlineMetals.com (where I buy my steel) and sourced a bar .25 thick, 2.5 wide, 60" length...no shipping fee, for $68. 1018 steel. Motor vehicle Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Automotive design Tire Car Vehicle Plant Automotive lighting Tire Car Hood Wheel Vehicle Liquid Rectangle Automotive lighting Gas Plant Motor vehicle Automotive tire Yellow Road surface Asphalt Plant Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Road surface

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Attached are photos of the plow extensions. Also I looked at OnlineMetals.com (where I buy my steel) and sourced a bar .25 thick, 2.5 wide, 60" length...no shipping fee, for $68. 1018 steel.
wow your signature isn't lying, that is one "very modified" front plow setup! that is totally different than how I imagined those would mount I think. I wonder if it would be any way to make a 54" blade work on x5 series. The seller was curious if the curvature of the 48"' blade was the same as the 54" as that what his extensions are modeled after. looks like it is, right?

·
Registered
951 Posts
I welded those extensions to my 54” blade and love how it plows snow. Only problem is now it won’t fit through the shed door, even angled. I have to remove it to park the tractor. The other small issue is since it is so much longer, it doesn’t lift high enough while angled fully. The close side droops more than I would like. I welded a piece of mild steel I had kicking around as the cutting edge. I’ll have to do something better soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
wow your signature isn't lying, that is one "very modified" front plow setup! that is totally different than how I imagined those would mount I think. I wonder if it would be any way to make a 54" blade work on x5 series. The seller was curious if the curvature of the 48"' blade was the same as the 54" as that what his extensions are modeled after. looks like it is, right?
I'm not sure about the 54in...but it looks ok...
Yes..heavily modified. No longer hydraulic. 2 linear actuators from Johnny Bucket. 1 for lift, 1 for angle. Same wiring harness as my JB Jr. Controlled by joystick.
Also modified to use the Johnny Bucket Jr Mounting scheme so I don't have to change mounts. It works for me....
Once I decide the extensions are ok, then I'll probably weld them on permanently.
Scott

·
Premium Member
11,834 Posts
Scott, what joystick did you use, and is it suitable for working in falling snow or rain?

Mike

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
My wife is tired of parking her car in the front yard, because I have the x540 deck in her way. She’s had six major hip operations. It’s just enough slope it makes it hard to get out no matter if it’s pulled in or backed in. She said just go buy a new X570 for $7099 with full warranty. Even comes with a 54” deck, which is what I wanted. Maybe I’ll go look tomorr.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
The X570 is pretty much the same as my daughters X500. I need an X 590 to replace my X540. I can live without the liquid cooled.
I enjoy my X570. Thankfully I got in before the prices went up. No hydraulics and no power steering but quite honestly for mowing and toting items it works flawlessly. I did add some additions like a sleeve hitch, 2" receiver hitch and a brush guard. My project 445 will take over the ground engagement when I am done with it so as to preserve the newer unit.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Scott, what joystick did you use, and is it suitable for working in falling snow or rain?

Mike
I used the JB Jr joystick...It has a rubber boot around the stick but you have to mount it inside a box of some sort. I used a 4X4 plastic hobby box. If you go to my profile and look at my media you'll see it there. I sealed it up, ran the wiring thru grommets and it's worked very well for 4 years. Rain or snow!
Scott

·
Premium Member
11,834 Posts
Outstanding, thanks! Looks great!

Mike

·
Bolens G16YT aka 2016G
John Deere GT235 B&S V-Twin 18hp MODEL: 350777 TYPE: 1137-E1 CODE: 99031611 DECK: 48C
413 Posts
Installed the new Milsco XB200 seat..Shes been a very cooperating patient so far and deserved a reward..LOL

Motor vehicle Green Plant Automotive tire Grass

Plant Motor vehicle Chair Automotive lighting Grass

·
Premium Member
11,834 Posts
Oh no, now you've done it, that looks way too nice! Next, you'll need to paint the rusty bracket. Then, you'll need to paint the fender, then...

Mike

• Haha
Reactions: wachuko

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I enjoy my X570. Thankfully I got in before the prices went up. No hydraulics and no power steering but quite honestly for mowing and toting items it works flawlessly. I did add some additions like a sleeve hitch, 2" receiver hitch and a brush guard. My project 445 will take over the ground engagement when I am done with it so as to preserve the newer unit.
Since I bent the deck on my X540, I’ve been using my daughters X500, both with 48” decks. For mowing it’s fine. Even the foot lift on the deck is nice. I have one driveway that was resurfaced and I used to just drive onto the lawn. Now, if I drive off the edge the blades hit. With the hydro lift I have to stop, lift, drive over, put down. It’s too slow to just keep driving. With the foot lift I can pick it up inches before I go over and drop it as soon as I clear. But with the snow blower on I like the hydro, and I do miss my power steering. Funny part is, I just don’t want a new tractor. I like my 540 with 1100 hours on it. I want to see if I can catch my 265 with 3000+ hours.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Since I bent the deck on my X540, I’ve been using my daughters X500, both with 48” decks. For mowing it’s fine. Even the foot lift on the deck is nice. I have one driveway that was resurfaced and I used to just drive onto the lawn. Now, if I drive off the edge the blades hit. With the hydro lift I have to stop, lift, drive over, put down. It’s too slow to just keep driving. With the foot lift I can pick it up inches before I go over and drop it as soon as I clear. But with the snow blower on I like the hydro, and I do miss my power steering. Funny part is, I just don’t want a new tractor. I like my 540 with 1100 hours on it. I want to see if I can catch my 265 with 3000+ hours.
I really liked the foot operated deck lift on the X300 I owned. As you said, it was much faster to operate than the hydraulic lift on either my 345 or X485.

Reactions: Rarefish383
16241 - 16260 of 16370 Posts