My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
16221 - 16240 of 16370 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,629 Posts
Used the 455 to mow part of the front yard yesterday.
Sky Plant Tree Natural landscape Land lot

Thanks! You all are so supportive of multiple tractors, it's awesome
Two…. This is three of many! I showed up here in 2012 having just a 318 in a single car garage. Now I’ve lost count of machines and they are spread across two buildings (30x70 and 42x63). Feel free to use me as an example and say “at least I’m not like this guy
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Tractor

·
Super Moderator
38,092 Posts
View attachment 2519591

Two…. This is three of many! I showed up here in 2012 having just a 318 in a single car garage. Now I’ve lost count of machines and they are spread across two buildings (30x70 and 42x63). Feel free to use me as an example and say “at least I’m not like this guy
View attachment 2519590
And just remember he's the only member of MTF holding out hope to be featured on GQ! 😈 Didn't think I'd forget that did you!! 🤣🤣

·
Premium Member
298 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Finally got my MCS from my 455 adapted to my X595! Been a bad year trying to mulch.. too wet, too tall, too many weeks between mowing just made for a rough cutting experience.
Took me a few days, but I finally got the thought of using an 8”x6” duct aluminum reducer.. a bit of trimming and it works good.

Green Automotive tire Motor vehicle Plant Automotive design

Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

I had set the deck height at the same 3.5 as the mulching deck, but it’s obviously shorter as it cut a closer shave.. but that ok as it’s fall, and it sure isn’t a dry year! Filled the hopper twice due to it’s been 2 weeks since the last cut..

Grass Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Hood

I notice these two loafers snoozing in the truck..

must have been dreaming of Running Like A Deere…

Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
298 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Finally got my MCS from my 455 adapted to my X595! Been a bad year trying to mulch.. too wet, too tall, too many weeks between mowing just made for a rough cutting experience.
Took me a few days, but I finally got the thought of using an 8”x6” duct aluminum reducer.. a bit of trimming and it works good.

View attachment 2519605

View attachment 2519606

I had set the deck height at the same 3.5 as the mulching deck, but it’s obviously shorter as it cut a closer shave.. but that ok as it’s fall, and it sure isn’t a dry year! Filled the hopper twice due to it’s been 2 weeks since the last cut..

View attachment 2519610

I notice these two loafers snoozing in the truck..

must have been dreaming of Running Like A Deere…

View attachment 2519611
How far off of level was the deck once you added the pflow? Mine seemed to change by at least a 1/4”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
I know it would have been easier to just outright purchase a new seat but that's just not me. I'm not into replacing items when there are good "great" quality items that can be used to repair, mend, protect or in my case beautify at a lesser expense. Take this seat off my project 445, this thing was roached after what looks like being kept outside its entire life. I took the old cover and pulled it completely off, glue gave way and all cushion aside from stains were in tact. Purchased a $36.00 seat cover for a Gator (18" highback) and presto chango- new seat!!!!!! Sure beats $2-300 bucks. This will mount nicely back in place on the suspension ride assembly. Now to wait on the steering lines, o-rings and tee fitting to arrive.
Green Motor vehicle Plant Yellow Fender
Wood Art Tints and shades Rectangle Visual arts
Cap Sleeve Hat Baby & toddler clothing Headgear

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
yeah def would like to see that. does the seller make a 60" cutting edge to fit the 48" blade + extensions?
no...I temporarily added short ones to the extensions....I hope I don't damage them..if so, I'll fix them and get a 60" cutting edge off of ebay.

·
Registered
73 Posts
no...I temporarily added short ones to the extensions....I hope I don't damage them..if so, I'll fix them and get a 60" cutting edge off of ebay.
was just emailing with the seller. He said he gets a ton of questions about the 48" blades. He was going to look into it and maybe will be offering a 60" wear bar like he does for the other extensions. Heavy Hitch also looks to selll a 60" AR400 steel bar. $$$$ though...

·
Bolens G16YT aka 2016G
John Deere GT235 B&S V-Twin 18hp MODEL: 350777 TYPE: 1137-E1 CODE: 99031611 DECK: 48C
413 Posts
Started wire brushing rust off my X485 seat base, primed and top coated 2 pieces so far in preparation for installing my new seat that came in..

Reactions: PA318Guy

·
Registered
439 Posts
It a shame to pull all the lines out of the steering valve on the 445 just to replace one that has sprung a leak. My luck would have been to replace the line and then have another start leaking at the o-ring. Oh well, all lines will get new o-rings on both ends, may as well do it right or be prepared to do it again. Now the wait begins for JD to receive both cylinder hoses and the tee adapter for the radiator. As you can see in the pic before disassembly there was no sight of any seeping. On another note, the designer in charge of this should have been the one that had to repair every single unit when needed. View attachment 2519482 View attachment 2519480
Two weeks after I replaced the o rings last summer a hose sprung a leak and needed to be replaced. This year when my PS cylinder was leaking, I couldn't remove one hose... so another hose replaced. Luckily the other hose I replaced last year was the other hose for the PS cylinder, so both of those hoses are new now.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Two weeks after I replaced the o rings last summer a hose sprung a leak and needed to be replaced. This year when my PS cylinder was leaking, I couldn't remove one hose... so another hose replaced. Luckily the other hose I replaced last year was the other hose for the PS cylinder, so both of those hoses are new now.
I am replacing both cylinder hoses and all o rings. Just waiting for the hoses to arrive.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Well, I fixed the deck on the X540 this morning. It took less than an hour. Went by the bank and took out $600, drove over my friends house and handed it to him, put the 48C and bagger system on the trailer, all done. Now I just have to put the deck on the tractor and go mow lawns this afternoon.

Well, too good to be true. The 48C came off a 345, Bill thought it was a direct switch over to my X540. Had the mower under the tractor and hooked up to the rear draft arms in 3 minutes. Went around front and the arms that hook in the front of the mower were about 4 inches too short. So, I took the one off my X540 and it was still about two inches too short. I'm guessing there is just another piece for my application. Here's a pic of my piece that is 2 inches too short. Anyone know of a part that will work?

·
Parts collector
4,339 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yes you can flip the rims around.
reason I ask is that the "front" side where the bolts go through are beveled a bit and don't' appear that way from the back side. I'm not sure it makes a huge difference once everything is torqued down...

·
Bolens G16YT aka 2016G
John Deere GT235 B&S V-Twin 18hp MODEL: 350777 TYPE: 1137-E1 CODE: 99031611 DECK: 48C
413 Posts
I know it would have been easier to just outright purchase a new seat but that's just not me. I'm not into replacing items when there are good "great" quality items that can be used to repair, mend, protect or in my case beautify at a lesser expense. Take this seat off my project 445, this thing was roached after what looks like being kept outside its entire life. I took the old cover and pulled it completely off, glue gave way and all cushion aside from stains were in tact. Purchased a $36.00 seat cover for a Gator (18" highback) and presto chango- new seat!!!!!! Sure beats $2-300 bucks. This will mount nicely back in place on the suspension ride assembly. Now to wait on the steering lines, o-rings and tee fitting to arrive.

Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Fender

Tire Wheel Vehicle Green Automotive tire

Green Plant Wood Helmet Jaw

I just got in my new Milsco XB200 seat and like you I would have kept the old one. I did look at covers for it, but the metal seat bottom was too rust rotted...LOL

Reactions: dblomquist

·
Premium Member
325 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
View attachment 2519591

View attachment 2519590
A response from Mrbeef!!!! Made my day! I've watched a ton of your YouTube videos. So incredibly helpful for my first tractor i unfortunately sold...a 425 AWS with only 400 hrs that I found for $1200

16221 - 16240 of 16370 Posts