My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
16201 - 16220 of 16370 Posts

·
Super Moderator
38,092 Posts
Thanks so much! Now to sell the x744 sitting in the background before my wife complains about two tractors in the garage :)
Just tell her that you took a poll of about 100K tractor forum members and they unanimously stated that you can't have too many!

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
I spent the last few days putting removable extensions on my 48inch snowplow. It's now 60inches. Then I repainted it, put new decals on it and put it in the barn.. ..it's almost too pretty to use! Winter is headed for Michigan!!!!

Reactions: davescarp

·
Registered
951 Posts
I found a bagger local for a decent deal. I jerry rigged up a mount for it and used it to mow today. I am really impressed how nice the cut quality is with the pflow adding that extra lift.

I also tried mowing with the bucket off. It’s much less cumbersome, but still a little long and I also still feel the weight of the loader arms. I spun in a few places I don’t normally. That is likely the tipping point on getting the rear tires loaded with Rimguard.

I still need to modify my bucket to receive the SSQA, but that shouldn’t be too bad. I have another mount plate on the way to build a forks attachment. I think I’m going to really like the quick attach set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
38,092 Posts
I spent the last few days putting removable extensions on my 48inch snowplow. It's now 60inches. Then I repainted it, put new decals on it and put it in the barn.. ..it's almost too pretty to use! Winter is headed for Michigan!!!!
You are ahead of the game then!

·
Registered
8 Posts
You are ahead of the game then!
Any pictures? I'd like to do the same now that I have a 748...I'm so excited to try it in the snow

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
It a shame to pull all the lines out of the steering valve on the 445 just to replace one that has sprung a leak. My luck would have been to replace the line and then have another start leaking at the o-ring. Oh well, all lines will get new o-rings on both ends, may as well do it right or be prepared to do it again. Now the wait begins for JD to receive both cylinder hoses and the tee adapter for the radiator. As you can see in the pic before disassembly there was no sight of any seeping. On another note, the designer in charge of this should have been the one that had to repair every single unit when needed.
Automotive tire Musical instrument Idiophone Gas Bell
Wood Gas Cuisine Natural material Auto part

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Cleaned up nice!! Congrats! You just need a good hiding spot for the x744 for a few weeks until she forgets… 🤣

·
Registered
73 Posts
would like to see some details on that. I have the 48" plow and when fully angled it just isn't wide enough for the x500

·
Parts collector
4,339 Posts
Thanks so much! Now to sell the x744 sitting in the background before my wife complains about two tractors in the garage :)
Ha ha, my wife told me when I bought the 332 and the 318 that 2 had to go. They are still here. ;)

Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I guess this counts as something. I bought a nice set of old wheel weights today. nice price had been looking for a good long time. 2x M11028's. going to make them pretty for some reason and use them on a set of rims/tires for winter plow work. They came w/ 6" carriage bolts but looks like those are going to be a touch short, I think 7-7.5" is the right length but still some time before the snow flies (but it's starting to trend that way). will stainless or even regular galvanized carriage bolts do the trick here? Can't see why I would need anything more burly, they just need to hold them to the rim at relatively low speed, right?

Yellow Amber Gold Button Circle

Automotive wheel system Adirondack blue potato Circle Dish Rim

·
Jerk of all trades
503 Posts
I had fun making my 240 GT mow our lawn, the new PTO switch worked as it should of..🚜

·
Jerk of all trades
503 Posts
Tell her "one is for You" ..... :whistle:

·
Premium Member
11,834 Posts
I bought a used x748 yesterday...drove 8 hrs to pick it up for what i think was a great deal. Found it on tractorhouse...only 354 hours.

Got it all shined it up today...I'm super excited. It was advertised as a 2008, but it's actually a 2011.
Beautiful machine! Hard to believe it cleaned up so nicely, and that the seller didn't bother before listing it!

Mike

·
Bolens G16YT aka 2016G
John Deere GT235 B&S V-Twin 18hp MODEL: 350777 TYPE: 1137-E1 CODE: 99031611 DECK: 48C
413 Posts
Changed the improper 15amp power plug fuse with the correct 20amp fuse on my X485.

·
Premium Member
11,834 Posts
If that doesn't work, say it's for your son, LOL...

Mike

• Haha
Reactions: wachuko

·
Registered
73 Posts
arts n crafts this morning. Anyone ever mount their rims backwards, inside-out? The offset is a little different on these project rims and would be perfect if I mounted them backwards

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Synthetic rubber

Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Font Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Yes, people have mounted rims backwards. Some are actually designed to do that, specifically to allow for different offset/track.

16201 - 16220 of 16370 Posts