My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
15721 - 15740 of 16373 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Misjudged the driveway while backing in my 5th wheel yesterday and dropped my pickup's rear wheel in the ditch (OOPS!). Used the X590 to shuttle firewood and concrete blocks to the scene of the crime to create a bridge across the ditch. Got all available weights on board today to roll out the ruts. Still needs work but it will do for now.
View attachment 2512903 View attachment 2512904 View attachment 2512905 View attachment 2512906 View attachment 2512907 View attachment 2512908

UGH! That sure stinks!

I was really hoping you used the 590 to pull the rig out 😁

Reactions: Rarefish383

·
Premium Member
11,838 Posts
UGH! That sure stinks!

I was really hoping you used the 590 to pull the rig out 😁
If that worked, he'd have won PowerBall already...

Mike

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I hope you mean Son in Law (and not Sister in Law)...

Well, carrying a static load is entirely different than a swinging one! (As you've now learned...)

Mike
Nope, Sister In Law. Five foot three tall and five foot three around. Rudest person I’ve ever met. Last time they had a cook out my wife went in and asked why she wasn’t hanging out around the pool? She stared at my wife and said, “The next time I hang out with you or your mother, I want you both in a box in the ground.” My in-laws used to give each of their four kids, and their spouses, $1000 each for Christmas. When Pop passed, Grammy’s financial adviser told her that was too much, cut it in half. When SIL saw her Christmas check for ONLY $500, she held it up and said, “What’s this!” Grammy said, “ I used to give you $500, and Pop gave you $500, now Pop is gone.” She said, WELL, I don’t see why I have to get my check cut in half just because Pop died! Wonder of wonders, she has been Persona Non Grata for a long while.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I slapped some LED headlight bulbs in the 125 and 590.
I wanted to try LED’s on the X540, but after I smashed and replaced the hood, the old lamps looked so bad I couldn’t put them back in the new hood. Now it just feels it’s way around like one of those remote vacuums. Go til it hits a tree, turns and goes till it hits the house, turns till the car. Hasn’t hit the pool yet.

·
Registered
73 Posts
New high back seat on the new(er) x500. also put the front weight bracket on, these should have been standard but it's a nice and relatively cheap upgrade, super solid and sturdy. man what a pain resetting the lift assist spring for the 54 deck. not a lot of space but finally got it moving with socket and some hand/arm gymnastics. Adjusted the front alignment a bit, seems to be more in spec than before.

·
Premium Member
11,838 Posts
@Rarefish383 Wow, that SIL of yours is all sorts of special. Sadly, we all know people like that (or similar)...

Mike

Reactions: Rarefish383

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Nope, Sister In Law. Five foot three tall and five foot three around. Rudest person I’ve ever met. Last time they had a cook out my wife went in and asked why she wasn’t hanging out around the pool? She stared at my wife and said, “The next time I hang out with you or your mother, I want you both in a box in the ground.” My in-laws used to give each of their four kids, and their spouses, $1000 each for Christmas. When Pop passed, Grammy’s financial adviser told her that was too much, cut it in half. When SIL saw her Christmas check for ONLY $500, she held it up and said, “What’s this!” Grammy said, “ I used to give you $500, and Pop gave you $500, now Pop is gone.” She said, WELL, I don’t see why I have to get my check cut in half just because Pop died! Wonder of wonders, she has been Persona Non Grata for a long while.
Hey don't sugar coat it for us, tell us how you really feel.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I gave the 400 a mid summer sponge bath.

·
Super Moderator
13,629 Posts
I was moving some stuff around in the shed last night and saved the 400 deck that I rebuilt from hiding behind pallets of parts. Decided this morning before it got too hot to put it on the 400 and try it out. It sounds good and seems to work well. Certainly not the tip speed from newer deck lbs but it should be fun to mow with for a bit if it ever rains. No rain in the forecast for the next 14 days and only 2” since the end of May. I might mow some of the taller areas the next few days for fun.

·
Super Moderator
38,087 Posts
I was moving some stuff around in the shed last night and saved the 400 deck that I rebuilt from hiding behind pallets of parts. Decided this morning before it got too hot to put it on the 400 and try it out. It sounds good and seems to work well. Certainly not the tip speed from newer deck lbs but it should be fun to mow with for a bit if it ever rains. No rain in the forecast for the next 14 days and only 2” since the end of May. I might mow some of the taller areas the next few days for fun.
View attachment 2513315
You should really like that 400 Kyle, I always thought it was one BEEFY machine!! :)

·
Super Moderator
38,087 Posts
Mowed the yard today, since I haven't sharpened the blades since before the season I went slow to get a good cut. I trimmed around everything yesterday and this morning before I started.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
@Rarefish383 Wow, that SIL of yours is all sorts of special. Sadly, we all know people like that (or similar)...

Mike
You know Mike, I used to get her off beat sense of humor, and always liked her. But the last few years she has just gotten mean. Last year she got Grammy a door mat that said, “WELCOME, pending who it is”. I thought it was funny, but not appropriate. I think the more weight she puts on, the worse she feels, and takes it out on everyone else. Sorry thing, her oldest daughter is getting married and she has been told she can’t come.

As far as how I really feel? I hurt to the core of my soul. She used to be a beautiful full figured girl, with an off beat sense of humor. She always hated her in-laws, but said she liked me, because “I understood her”. I wish I understood her well enough to help her. Sorry for going so far off topic.

·
Parts collector
4,339 Posts
Headed into town to get gas for the 318 then mow.

·
Jerk of all trades
503 Posts
Used my 240 Gt to mow the yard..

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Mowed the driest grass we’ve had in a while yesterday. Still damp in the lower area, but much better than before! Finally ordered some gator blades to see if they help with the mulching decks results a bit, we’ll see.
Tire Wheel Plant Lawn mower Automotive tire

·
Registered
439 Posts
Ordered a new air sensor. Bought a used one on eBay a few months back for $10. Worked well until Sunday with a few issues before it went away. Blowing black smoke again yesterday. Wiggled the air sense a few times and turned on/off a few times before it went away. With a coupon code for Green Farm Parts, new sensor is just slightly more than used. I can then at least see if the sense sucked or it's something further.

Mowed the back horizontal for the first time yesterday. It was a nice change. I will probably mow this way a few more times before I start to alternate.

I'm also starting to keep an eye out for a 48" deck, but would consider a 54". After a year of use, I think the 60" is just too big.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Bad luck with the 445 continues.
Went to start up today for a quick job. Sounded like I didn't have a muffler. Shut off and noticed on the right side, both nuts are missing, one bolt is missing and one bolt broke off. I luckily have a bolt that fits in one side and is tight enough to make it sound normal. Though, now it feels warmer so I'm guessing the one broken bolt is letting the hot air out.

I really want to love this thing because it is so capable, but it's always something. I think I've gone 4 weeks total without any issue in the one year I've had it.

15721 - 15740 of 16373 Posts