My Tractor Forum banner

14401 - 14420 of 14557 Posts

·
Parts collector
4,038 Posts
Yesterday I gave my daughter a lesson in mowing Joe’s way. I mow East West one week, North South the next. I start at one corner of the yard and make two passes around the yard blowing the grass away from the house, flower beds, and neighbors. I was on my X540, and she was following me on the X500. I set both decks at 3 inches. My deck looked like it was brushing the top of the grass, hers was high enough your foot could slide under. The cut was perfectly matched. I have never looked at the model numbers on either, both 48”. I’m assuming they are two different models? Question is why does one look so high, the other so low, but both cut right on the number?
That's funny, I mow the same way.

Reactions: Rarefish383

·
Premium Member
6,902 Posts
X595 pulled cart around the yard for more tree and limb removal, It amazes me how packed these HDAP tires can get & I'm still moving thru the mud

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
Very cool! I'm guessing the 4x4 doesn't hurt either.

These sorts of yard carts seem nice. All I have is my utility trailer, which I've used for stuff like this. But it's somewhat big and cumbersome.

·
Premium Member
10,872 Posts
Very cool! I'm guessing the 4x4 doesn't hurt either.

These sorts of yard carts seem nice. All I have is my utility trailer, which I've used for stuff like this. But it's somewhat big and cumbersome.
I have three steel carts. One I bought new, the other two were parts of tractor package deals, and I've never gotten around to getting rid of one.

Two are 10 cuft, the other is 17 cuft. The 10 cuft size gets the most use, probably because the 17 cuft one has tall sides bolted to it. These things are unbelievably useful.

Mike

·
Parts collector
4,038 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,315 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I found the leak in my rear tire, and the rebar hole seems to have blown out the green slime. The front left side of the tractor (brand new hood) is covered with black sticky stuff. The piece of rebar that went through the tire looked like it rusted in half, so it looked like a big needle. I figured the hole wasn't as big as the actual bar. Looking at new tires on line now. I've got to be at two lawns by noon. I might have to bungg my small two tank compressor to the back of the tractor and fill the two left side tires every 15 minutes or so, we will see? One good thing about slime, it lets you see where the leak is. I would have never found that one.

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
Could you use a plug (the sticky kind) to help fill the bulk of the hole, and then maybe let the Slime help close up the small gaps? Could be an easy thing to try, at least, at minimal cost and effort, versus replacing the tire.

Reactions: mopar65pa

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
That is in the sidewall (which flexes as the tire moves) so no plug will hold there. A tube would work, but some tire places might not put one in for you.

·
Premium Member
10,872 Posts
Yep, so that's were they've all gone! What no 322's....you know I can't resist!! :)
Someone's looking out for you, lol...

Mike

·
Registered
2008 John Deere LA135
48 Posts
I would plug that. A plug will likely hold pretty well. Of course, I wouldn't plug that on a car, but there isn't nearly as much sidewall loading on a garden tractor. Plus, even if the plug fails, you're probably not really in harms way, you're just stuck with the inconvenience of a flat tire. Just my opinion.:)

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
If you have the time/energy/tools to do it, a tire patch would probably work better (it's like a tire plug, with a patch attached to the end of the plug, installed from the inside of the tire), but I would first try a tire plug and see how it works...

·
Premium Member
10,872 Posts
I found the leak in my rear tire, and the rebar hole seems to have blown out the green slime... One good thing about slime, it lets you see where the leak is. I would have never found that one.
I'd never have thought of Slime leading you to a leak, but it looks like that was in an easy to access spot and you could have found that with soapy water?

Mike

·
Registered
414 Posts
Pressure washed the mower deck for the 445, tested the towbar I made for my pressure washer and installed the Mower Deck on the 445. I also installed the FEL on the 1026R and the 3 Point, both tractors are now ready for the summer.

Pressure washer behind the 445

Home made tow bar for the Simpson pressure washer.

·
Parts collector
4,038 Posts
Wow, he has a pretty good pile!

How's that trailer holding up. I sure like my new one. But, I've got to tell the truth, I miss the little one!
Well we used the heck out of it in the last week. We had to rewire the plug it was reversed.
We had soo much dirt we pulled off the job that we had to help start the tilt process.. :eek:
But she pulls like a dream loaded or not.

·
Premium Member
10,872 Posts
Pressure washed the mower deck for the 445, tested the towbar I made for my pressure washer and installed the Mower Deck on the 445. I also installed the FEL on the 1026R and the 3 Point, both tractors are now ready for the summer. View attachment 2498007
Pressure washer behind the 445
View attachment 2498008
Home made tow bar for the Simpson pressure washer.
View attachment 2498009
WOW, so much to love about this post!!!

Can you post some better pics showing how your power washer tow bar attaches to the power washer? The hose seems to be blocking the critical details.

Mike

·
Registered
778 Posts
If anyone in the central Mass area is looking for a 47 blower there is one on FB marketplace for $350 in Hubbardston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14401 - 14420 of 14557 Posts