My Tractor Forum banner

14381 - 14400 of 14557 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,902 Posts
You need to paint those carts green. :love: :p
The forward trailer needs a bath, The paint code to that trailer is for a Mack Semi, the other trailer ....it might be green someday

·
Premium Member
6,902 Posts
Is that a MH cart? Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just MH decal, I wanted a 6" decal, I couldn't find one back when trailer was painted, It's an Ohio steel made before 1983. It's rolling on John Deere 212 front wheels. So with the red/yellow combo I went with MH decals

Reactions: iko

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
Sorry, what's MH? That is a pretty cool setup. I don't think I've seen a train of carts before.

Reactions: Rarefish383

·
Premium Member
6,902 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,872 Posts
Sorry, what's MH? That is a pretty cool setup. I don't think I've seen a train of carts before.
I can't recall which user, but someone here has posted pics in the past of pulling a train of carts at a parade. Pretty impressive.

Mike

·
Registered
778 Posts
I understand western PA groundhogs sneak into sheds at night, unscrew valve stem caps, and let air out. Here in the east, it's the raccoons. One stole the shiny key that I had hidden under my ramp to my shed. Not as smart as you might think though, he came back for another and I had my game camera mounted up and caught him probing the finish nail I had driven in to hand that key on.
I bet you took good care of that thief!

Reactions: Jere39

·
Premium Member
6,902 Posts
Oh man, Daytime Running Lamps on L&G Tractors now? What's next, shrapnel-shooting air bags?
I think 150 decibel back up beepers should be on every tractor. Not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Merc1973

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just MH decal, I wanted a 6" decal, I couldn't find one back when trailer was painted, It's an Ohio steel made before 1983. It's rolling on John Deere 212 front wheels. So with the red/yellow combo I went with MH decals
Great idea!

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
I think 150 decibel back up beepers should be on every tractor. Not
I'm at least glad to have the option to enable mowing in reverse, and have that setting "stick". I think it may reset if I get out of the seat, or certainly if I shut down, at least. But I don't have to do some procedure each time I go from forward to reverse, which I appreciate. They trust me a little bit, anyways.

But who knows, maybe even 2022 LTs will have backup cameras.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I have begun a habit of taking the key out and setting it on the foot plate ..
I do the same thing with my diesel loader. When I first got it I kept pulling the shut off knob and leaving the key on. My friend I got the loader from, had a lanyard that goes around your neck for keys or ID cards, with a clip in the middle, on the steering column. Now I turn it off and let the key hang, or if the loader is somewhere I’m worried about it, I unclip the key and take it with me.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I pulled one of the tires off the Tville322 that was flat, took it down and aired it up in my basement sink, no bubbles....ok time for the soapy water....still no bubbles, no idea why it went flat. Filled with air and put it back on, tested today and holding pressure?????? who knows? Both the others that had holes are holding pressure as well so looks like fixes worked!
Now that I’m using my tractors, no more flats. I did notice yesterday, while mowing, I kept getting intermittent spray of water on my arms? First thought was a radiator leak, but the water was cold. Then I saw green drops on my arms. Green slime was squirting out of the tire that got the rebar through it.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
I'm at least glad to have the option to enable mowing in reverse, and have that setting "stick". I think it may reset if I get out of the seat, or certainly if I shut down, at least. But I don't have to do some procedure each time I go from forward to reverse, which I appreciate. They trust me a little bit, anyways.

But who knows, maybe even 2022 LTs will have backup cameras.
I am really curious to know just when some regulatory agency decided that people in general are inherently stupid...... Or maybe it was when lawyers figured out that stupid people could be a revenue stream when they chop off body parts, kill themselves, or someone else, by some act of "Here, hold my beer."......

·
Super Moderator
35,315 Posts
Now that I’m using my tractors, no more flats. I did notice yesterday, while mowing, I kept getting intermittent spray of water on my arms? First thought was a radiator leak, but the water was cold. Then I saw green drops on my arms. Green slime was squirting out of the tire that got the rebar through it.
Yeah, it works but has it's limits, I would think a hole from rebar might just be too large for slime to handle.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Yesterday I gave my daughter a lesson in mowing Joe’s way. I mow East West one week, North South the next. I start at one corner of the yard and make two passes around the yard blowing the grass away from the house, flower beds, and neighbors. I was on my X540, and she was following me on the X500. I set both decks at 3 inches. My deck looked like it was brushing the top of the grass, hers was high enough your foot could slide under. The cut was perfectly matched. I have never looked at the model numbers on either, both 48”. I’m assuming they are two different models? Question is why does one look so high, the other so low, but both cut right on the number?

·
Super Moderator
9,397 Posts
I am really curious to know just when some regulatory agency decided that people in general are inherently stupid...... Or maybe it was when lawyers figured out that stupid people could be a revenue stream when they chop off body parts, kill themselves, or someone else, by some act of "Here, hold my beer."......
If you take a look at the "Caption this" on this site, and see some of the stuff that people think is OK to do...particularly with tools and equipment ....you realize that the assumption that "people in general are inherently stupid"....is pretty valid ...and that a lot of people do have to be protected from their own stupidity...or laziness

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
If you take a look at the "Caption this" on this site, and see some of the stuff that people think is OK to do...particularly with tools and equipment ....you realize that the assumption that "people in general are inherently stupid"....is pretty valid ...and that a lot of people do have to be protected from their own stupidity...or laziness
When I was 18-20 years old, one of our regular customers had a big Bradford Pear split and fell across her yard. Dad told me to swing by and clean it up, on the way to the scheduled job. He said charge her what you think is fair. I pulled up a little past the tree, my ground guy got out and fired up the chipper, I started cutting limbs, and he started grinding. The job was done, raked up, ready to leave in an hour. A 16" chipper makes short work of brush by the road. I charged our customer $125. Across the street was a guy with 2 teen aged boys, cleaning up a similar Bradford. As we were leaving, he came over and jumped in my face like he was an OSHA agent, and I was bare foot. His left hand was bandaged up like a base ball glove. He started off on me with, YOU BETTER watch what you are doing with that saw, look what happened to me! I asked if he rented the saw and trailer? I think he said the saw was $25 a day, the trailer was $40, and he was giving the two boys $10 an hour. This was on Monday morning, and he had the tools and boys all day Sat and Sun, and now he was starting his 3rd day. As he was ranting on, I got in the truck, started up, and leaned out the window and said, " Watch your toes, I'm leaving. Next time you need a tree down, get my number from your neighbor. I charged her $125, was done in an hour, and didn't cut my hand". I'm a firm believer in mandatory safety classes for the sale of chainsaws.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Just a note, I started driving our dump trucks (under 26,000 pound GVW) when I was 16, pulling a 16" chipper. Never knew I fell under DOT regs till I went to DMV and tried to get my class A semi license.

·
Premium Member
10,872 Posts
I do the same thing with my diesel loader. When I first got it I kept pulling the shut off knob and leaving the key on. My friend I got the loader from, had a lanyard that goes around your neck for keys or ID cards, with a clip in the middle, on the steering column. Now I turn it off and let the key hang, or if the loader is somewhere I’m worried about it, I unclip the key and take it with me.
Sounds like we need these (kill switch lanyards for boats). Not for killing the engine, but making sure we keep the key attached to us (just clip it to a belt loop). The nice thing about these (vs a neck lanyard) is that they're elastic.

419xZDW9RIL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

As for the reverse/mower cutoff, unfortunately there are instances every year of kids getting maimed or killed by following too closely and being run over. I don't think it's about protecting the operator, because the only way the mower blades can hit you is if you roll it over, at which point you're already screwed...

Mike

14381 - 14400 of 14557 Posts