My Tractor Forum banner

14361 - 14380 of 14557 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Storage is always an issue once you start accumulating attachments!!
That's for sure! I don't have a great place for a shed or 2nd garage - maybe it's time to bug the neighbor again about selling me the acre next door. He and his wife have always said "it's yours when you're ready"...but they never seem ready, LOL.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Today was fun. I got mad at work at around 3PM, and decided to take a ride to cool down.

First, I wanted to give removing the loader a try
View attachment 2497417

Then I did a fist mow with my new working 3bag MCS (it came with the tractor but the Power Flow was for a 54” deck and I have the 48”...I bought the required parts and now it works )
View attachment 2497418
And considering I had a job waiting from last autumn for my loader...I decided to strip it down again and mount the loader and go to work moving some piles of overgrown weeds I had bundled up in piles across my backyard.
View attachment 2497419
and then I did some more serious ground engagement work...I stripped some earth and made a ramp to be able to use my other gate to take the tractor to the backyard.
View attachment 2497420
All in all...a great day :)
Once you have a loader you find so many uses. That looks like a really nice product. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Have you done the soapy water test on them to see where they are leaking. I've had two leak through the schrader valve and had to install new ones. But I've got several right now too since they did the roof work, many staples and nails around the yard. They are going to be doing the siding in about a month so I'm waiting till then to really do a detailed clean since that will also result in nails and such around the yard. Might have to put metal wheels on and look like a steam engine for a while!! :)
I’ve submerged them in a big tub of water with 90 PSI in them, and not a bubble. The one that got the rebar through it got slimed and it stays up as long as I use it. Maybe 90 PSI is too much and seals up if it’s leaking around the rim?

·
Super Moderator
35,315 Posts
I’ve submerged them in a big tub of water with 90 PSI in them, and not a bubble. The one that got the rebar through it git slimed and it stays up as long as I use it. Maybe 90 PSI is too much and seals up if it’s leaking around the rim?
I pulled one of the tires off the Tville322 that was flat, took it down and aired it up in my basement sink, no bubbles....ok time for the soapy water....still no bubbles, no idea why it went flat. Filled with air and put it back on, tested today and holding pressure?????? who knows? Both the others that had holes are holding pressure as well so looks like fixes worked!

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
I’ve submerged them in a big tub of water with 90 PSI in them, and not a bubble. The one that got the rebar through it got slimed and it stays up as long as I use it. Maybe 90 PSI is too much and seals up if it’s leaking around the rim?
Yikes, please be careful. I'm going to assume that's several times the rated pressure of the tire. There is a LOT of potential energy stored in that compressed air. If that blew, someone could really get hurt.

Reactions: Rarefish383

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Yup, yup. :) I live in an old farmhouse. Built over the course of probably 100 years. :D (or more....) Though some of the construction is as recent as the 70's. (garage.)
My farmer friend asked if I wanted to metal detect around her house. It was built on the foundation of the log house that burned down in 1906. I said no way. She asked why. I said you are a farmer, you bury every piece of trash you have. She laughed and said that’s why she has a back hoe.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
That's for sure! I don't have a great place for a shed or 2nd garage - maybe it's time to bug the neighbor again about selling me the acre next door. He and his wife have always said "it's yours when you're ready"...but they never seem ready, LOL.
Yeah, if you can get another acre, that would be enough room for a couple more years.

·
Registered
2020 John Deere e170, 48 inch Mower Deck, 44 inch Snow Blower
107 Posts
I changed my battery, bought a Duracell from SamsClub for $29. Yep new battery for 11month old e170. Last time used snowblower after i finished i pulled it into shed and out of gas she stopped cold ahhh but I did not turn the key to off and shazaam I got to buy and install new battey. Pulled her out with new battery and put the snow blower onto a furniture dolly from HF, stuff i learned here thanks MTF. Stil recovering form health issues so tomorrow will change the oil and grease jerks and new air cleaner and fuel filter.

·
Premium Member
6,902 Posts
Cutting down dead trees & gathering other tree limbs to one big pile

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
That's a bummer. Good luck with the health issues.

Now having an hour meter for the first time, I'm extra paranoid about leaving the key on. If I forget to turn the key off, I could double the hours on the tractor, in however long it takes for the battery to die.

Someone really clever could probably rig up something to sound a buzzer if you left the key on, but the engine off, for maybe more than 5 minutes or something.

·
Jerk of all trades
303 Posts
I have begun a habit of taking the key out and setting it on the foot plate ..

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
Yeah, I have a place where I hang the key.

And on mine, Cub made the curious decision to not provide a headlight switch. If the key is on, the lights are on.

But after installing really-bright LEDs in the fall, I have an automatic better reminder. They are one more hint, in the shed, that the key is still on. And I suppose they'd also help kill the battery faster (it's a feature, not a bug!), which would help reduce the number of accidental hours you could rack up before the battery died.

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
6,297 Posts
I pulled one of the tires off the Tville322 that was flat, took it down and aired it up in my basement sink, no bubbles....ok time for the soapy water....still no bubbles, no idea why it went flat. Filled with air and put it back on, tested today and holding pressure?????? who knows? Both the others that had holes are holding pressure as well so looks like fixes worked!
I understand western PA groundhogs sneak into sheds at night, unscrew valve stem caps, and let air out. Here in the east, it's the raccoons. One stole the shiny key that I had hidden under my ramp to my shed. Not as smart as you might think though, he came back for another and I had my game camera mounted up and caught him probing the finish nail I had driven in to hand that key on.

·
Super Moderator
35,315 Posts
I understand western PA groundhogs sneak into sheds at night, unscrew valve stem caps, and let air out. Here in the east, it's the raccoons. One stole the shiny key that I had hidden under my ramp to my shed. Not as smart as you might think though, he came back for another and I had my game camera mounted up and caught him probing the finish nail I had driven in to hand that key on.
Well I've never seen a ground hog on my property, I've had a porcupine but no ground hogs. Racoons are just big theives, not much they won't take if it catches their interest.

·
Registered
473 Posts
And on mine, Cub made the curious decision to not provide a headlight switch. If the key is on, the lights are on.
Oh man, Daytime Running Lamps on L&G Tractors now? What's next, shrapnel-shooting air bags?

·
Parts collector
4,038 Posts
Hopefully Thursday after checking out 2 jobs I'll be able to get the blower off the 318 and the 50" deck back on.

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
Oh man, Daytime Running Lamps on L&G Tractors now? What's next, shrapnel-shooting air bags?
Hey, I'm just glad I have keyless entry, turn signals, side curtain airbags, and automatic climate control! I didn't spring for the leather seat or lane-departure systems, I'm afraid.

Honestly, I was tempted to add a switch for the lights, because they're completely unnecessary during the day. But the LEDs draw less current than the incandescents did, and I'd prefer to leave the wiring alone where possible. Plus if just one time they help me avoid racking up a few days worth of bogus hours because I accidentally left the key on, then that's great.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Installed some new stairs on my aunt's mobile home on Saturday. Today I used the X590 and my indestructible Craftsman/Rubbermaid cart to move the old ones out back until I can get to the recycling center.

Attachments

Reactions: Merc1973 and Ken22
14361 - 14380 of 14557 Posts