My Tractor Forum banner

12201 - 12220 of 12262 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just picked up the American Sharpener today, hoping to try it soon on my blades. Just in time for putting it to sleep for the winter!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
31,836 Posts
Or you can drop it off in PA on the way through, just let me know where to be for the cross load and when, that way you can enjoy its company just a little longer! Have trailer, will travel!! :)

·
Registered
819 Posts
Hahah rubber room. Wife works at the local hospital, they'd at least use restraints if not a padded room.

There would need to be a bit of cash involved guys. I think I might be up to the crazy high number of 160 hours on the tractor. Blower looks new with added LED lights and has spare parts. Mowing deck has the pulley to increase tip speed, rear reflectors on tractor are lit up with leds. Front bumper has the tow hitch made a rear tow hitch, brush guard, etc etc. 25 gallon sprayer has a power socket plug to make it quick to hook up, power flow works mint. Also have the big boy tow behind JD spreader.

I'm considering if I should sell. Haven't told the X540 yet, I think it may fire up and run me over if I did. It's been happy since I picked it up.

Reactions: PA318Guy

·
Premium Member
9,183 Posts
OK, we've already established that you can't SELL it... maybe we can trade. I have a (partially empty) 12-pack of Harpoon IPA sitting here, nice and cold!

Mike

Reactions: PA318Guy

·
Registered
710 Posts
Bill, I have the answer! If you GIVE one of us your tractor package before you move, I'd say you won't be violating anything, and can move on to a zero turn (maybe get one that can pull accessories) and live a guilt-free existence down south.

Yes, I live in MA too, if that helps...

Mike
Nice try! My buddy that gave me the mini JD Hay Wagon project also has a Land Pride 60” ZTurn. When he sells the building lot I’ve been mowing for him, he’s going to need to get rid of the Z, and it has a hitch and is used to pulling that green and yellow cart. I bet I can find a home right off 95 for all of that unneeded stuff, Joe.

·
Registered
173 Posts
You know if you sell it that within 2 months you’ll have found atleast 35 jobs that would’ve been easier/more fun with that tractor...

Reactions: Rarefish383

·
Registered
819 Posts
Sad part is the X540 is maybe at 160ish hours. I still can't figure out how it's original owner put only 10 hours a year on it. Merely thinking out loud here that a zero turn would be better for Georgia. Anyone from there want to weigh in?

PS Mike..I built my own 4 tap kegerator, you might want to rethink your offer by at least an additonal can of bud light. hahahahahahaha

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
" Merely thinking out loud here that a zero turn would be better for Georgia. Anyone from there want to weigh in? "

I don't know why Georgia would be any different than Mass about mower type. In north Ga I mow from March through October. You won't need the snow blower. Probably depends on the lot your going to mow which type of mower works best. My opinion FWIW.
Cannon

·
Registered
509 Posts
Forget the X540, if you need room in the moving van I’ll take good care of your kegerator.

Mike, I always figured you were in RI from your name. Once Covid clears up the guys from Mass should meet for a cold one. We could do a plow day on Forest’s front lawn. It would probably still look nicer than my lawn, but it would at least give him something to do with his new X5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,183 Posts
OK, Bill... Since you're playing hardball... How about some Bud "Heavy" (as my bartender friends like to call it)? It's my Dad's, but I'll sneak it when he's not looking...

Yes, I was a Rhode Islander my whole life, until about 15 years ago.

Mike

·
Premium Member
9,598 Posts
OK, Bill... Since you're playing hardball... How about some Bud "Heavy" (as my bartender friends like to call it)? It's my Dad's, but I'll sneak it when he's not looking...

Yes, I was a Rhode Islander my whole life, until about 15 years ago.

Mike
Ok, I'll speak slowly. JUST KIDDING! I'm sure you know all the cool landmarks. Stopping for a Del's Lemonade, and having a coffee milk at New York System. I think the silver top diner is gone now though, like Rocky Point Park.

·
Premium Member
9,183 Posts
Gosh, almost everything is gone. Haven't been out drinking in a very long time, not sure if Haven Brothers are still doing their late night thing, that would be a huge loss.

Mike

Edited: HAVEN Brothers... bleeping auto-correct...

·
Registered
819 Posts
" Merely thinking out loud here that a zero turn would be better for Georgia. Anyone from there want to weigh in? "

I don't know why Georgia would be any different than Mass about mower type. In north Ga I mow from March through October. You won't need the snow blower. Probably depends on the lot your going to mow which type of mower works best. My opinion FWIW.
Cannon
Different in the sense that I have the tractor primarily for snow blowing. Our current lot would be easier to mow with a zero turn and likely we will get between 1/4-1/2 acre of relatively flat land. Was tossing it out there for someone like you to confirm that there's no need for most of the goodies I currently have for the 3 months of mowing that we have here.

·
Premium Member
6,605 Posts
Ran out of JD yellow paint, three local Lowes out of JD Green and Yellow spray paint went online, they wanted $93 to deliver a box of six to my front door, So, TSC showed four cans at my 2nd closest store, off I went. you can see some of my rust craters on wheel.

Reactions: Merc1973

·
Super Moderator
31,836 Posts
Ran out of JD yellow paint, three local Lowes out of JD Green and Yellow spray paint went online, they wanted $93 to deliver a box of six to my front door, So, TSC showed four cans at my 2nd closest store, off I went. you can see some of my rust craters on wheel. View attachment 2477374 View attachment 2477375
Color looks pretty good to me! I think I've gone through about a case of JD rattle cans this year!!

·
Super Moderator
13,316 Posts
Today Mrs. Beef and I spent 9 hrs in the yard prepping for winter! We were running around too much to get many pictures but I did grab this one of the 4066R moving the Lister diesel powered compressor around to blow out the sprinkler system. I only sprayed myself with a sprinkler head twice! They harvested the corn around the house this week so all the beds are full of corn leaves and stalks! It would be pointless to try and take them because the wind would promptly replace them.

Mr. Beef, I'm always in awe when I see pics of your lawn. How long does it take to mow with the 455?
Seconded. It looks great, and it's huge! I'm also curious how long it takes, and how much area that is.
How many acres is it? How long does it take? How much fuel do you use?
Thanks! All total we mow ~7.5 acres. Normally the 1445 72” front mount mower and the X748 with 60” 7-iron are the go to mowers. I use the 455when the X748 has the loader on or if I just want to mow and put a smile on my face. Of all my machines my favorite to mow with is the 455. With the 1445 and X748 it takes about 3.5 hrs to mow the whole yard. I’ve never mowed the whole yard with the 455. I think if I tried that mid-summer I wouldn’t stop mowing each afternoon! Generally the 455 will burn 0.6-0.75 gph depending on the grass. The X burns about 0.7 and the 1445 burns around 1.3-1.6, it’s gph has really fluctuated in the last 12 months or so...

·
Premium Member
9,183 Posts
Whoa, you definitely don't fool around with that compressor!

Mike

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Finally got around to painting the snow pusher I built several years ago. All it took was a pandemic to allow some free time to finally get this done. When it stops raining I will get some pics of it mounted.
-Also shot a fresh coat of green on the bucket. It was still wearing primer on the areas that were cut and welded during the JDQA conversion. I didn't really want the stickers on the side of the bucket, but I was out voted by a 6 and 3 year old.
20201018_092248.jpg

12201 - 12220 of 12262 Posts