My Tractor Forum banner

12181 - 12200 of 12261 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,598 Posts
I bet my 47 blower can throw a mix of leaves and snow. Remember 2011?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Broke the chute rotation cable on my model 47 blower, then trashed the gearbox on my Ariens 1128 walk behind in that storm.

·
Super Moderator
31,835 Posts
Thanks, I try my best to keep them well maintained, the one I bought from NY seems to have a bit of a carb issue, I may toss the sleeve hitch plow on it and do some plowing this week to see if it will handle the load OK.

·
Super Moderator
31,835 Posts
I will trade off, the one 322 has had some issues when throttling up, thought I solved it with a carb adjustment but began hearing it again yesterday so we'll see how well it does. Probably run a tank of gas in each one if I can.

·
Super Moderator
31,835 Posts
This is how I transport my plow, pull the pin on top link & tilt plow all the way up & reattach top link to hold plow in this position. View attachment 2477107
Didn't work for me, when I rotated it forward the sides of the plow by the pins hit the 3 pt. arms before it got vertical enough to pin in the top link. I just raised the plows all the way and then locked them in with the height adjuster. Allowed me to put them both on and not have the rear plow hang over too far. Did add an orange flag to the rear plow so folks would know it's sticking out from the trailer a bit.

·
Premium Member
6,605 Posts
Hey Burn, That should sell for a few hundred dollars at today's Deere price. Time to sell it and make some money for the next acquisition/project. o_O :devilish:
I think the universe is telling me to buy another JD300. LOL

Reactions: PA318Guy

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
My JD is just a lawn mower...I think it's a D160. My wife bought if from my son-in-law because she thought I needed "a nice tractor." I used it to pick up leaves tonight, and my Ford and utility wagon to haul them off. Notice that I was working in the dark.... I came in the house at 7:30. leaf equipment.jpg

·
Registered
710 Posts
Well, I went down to my Mother In Laws to get my Cyclone. No matter how I tried to make it work, the X540 and the Cyclone are just too long to fit on my new trailer hooked up. So, I dropped the tractor at the lawn I had to mow, then proceeded to Grammy's. Pulled the Cyclone out, took the air cleaner out and had a can of ether ready. Put about a quart of gas in it and it just started pouring out of the carb. Dang needle stuck. I grabbed a little stick and tapped on the fuel bowl and it stopped. One pull and it started up and ran fine. I had the trailer parked on an incline and as I started to pull the Cyclone on, the casters swiveled and it ran up on the trailer sideways. The thing fits right in the front snug as a bug. When I got back to the tractor I pulled it on and it fits too. Now I can use the vac on my lawns. It takes less than 5 minutes to hook up. Sometimes when your tired and a little frustrated something actually works so well it makes your day, OK.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Pulled a stump out. Removed landscape rock and sand that was below a portion of deck I removed and found it. Thought it was a wood post that was cut off. Nope, it was a stump. Had to dig down around it, but finally got it.
Still have the mulch attachment on, but Ken's Bolt on Hooks make it work great.
This is why we need loaders!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Pulled a stump out. Removed landscape rock and sand that was below a portion of deck I removed and found it. Thought it was a wood post that was cut off. Nope, it was a stump. Had to dig down around it, but finally got it.
Still have the mulch attachment on, but Ken's Bolt on Hooks make it work great.
This is why we need loaders!
View attachment 2477201

Agreed with the Ken's Bolt-on Hooks - one of the most useful things I've put on the loader!

Reactions: drano38

·
Registered
819 Posts
Oh boy, not sure where to post this crazy talk. Here's hoping I don't get banned off the site for typing this out.

I am considering having a talk with the tractor about selling it off. :eek: In my current yard I justify having a tractor vs zero turn based on snow removal. Summer time I could mow faster with a zero turn. Moving to Savannah soon, does it really make sense to keep the tractor or get a zero turn? Most of the houses we are looking at won't need major yard work.

Do I have a talk with my tractor to tell it that I'm considering selling it with it's goodies (blower, cab, powerflow, tow behind sprayer, etc) as a package and then buy a zero turn after I move. It would be a big chunk of a pod to move the tractor and items.

·
Super Moderator
31,835 Posts
Bill, we obviously need to have a rubber room sub-forum for threads like this, but we don't so I guess it's OK here! :)

·
Premium Member
6,605 Posts
Own both , they need each other’s company

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
54 Posts
First thing to do is to make the purchase of the new property.
Then decide if you want/need a tractor at the new location.

·
Resident John Deere Tech
1,240 Posts
My JD is just a lawn mower...I think it's a D160. My wife bought if from my son-in-law because she thought I needed "a nice tractor." I used it to pick up leaves tonight, and my Ford and utility wagon to haul them off. Notice that I was working in the dark.... I came in the house at 7:30. View attachment 2477191 View attachment 2477191
thats exactly what i was doing last night...LOL but with my old 185, and towed the trailer with my trusty subaru forester.... LOL

·
Registered
386 Posts
My JD is just a lawn mower...I think it's a D160.
Nothing wrong with that - my 12 year old LA165 with 506 hours on the clock is still serving me well!

·
Premium Member
9,183 Posts
Bill, I have the answer! If you GIVE one of us your tractor package before you move, I'd say you won't be violating anything, and can move on to a zero turn (maybe get one that can pull accessories) and live a guilt-free existence down south.

Yes, I live in MA too, if that helps...

Mike

12181 - 12200 of 12261 Posts