My Tractor Forum banner

12161 - 12180 of 12261 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Mowed - probably for the last time this season but first time with the X590. I can tell I'm going to love it! I will have to get used to two things: (1) the RIO is very sensitive (much more so than the LA) - I can't even touch the reverse pedal without killing the deck - and (2) letting off the reverse pedal stops the tractor dead - no rolling - almost gave myself whiplash a couple of times, LOL.

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Enjoy the new machine! Mine's a different brand, but similarly, reverse is very abrupt when I let off the pedal. I'm slowly getting a better feel for it, but let's just say that more practice is needed.

I either let off slowly enough that I back up further than intended, or I let off quickly enough that it's a fairly jerky stop. I need a super tall seat that also has a headrest :)

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Enjoy the new machine! Mine's a different brand, but similarly, reverse is very abrupt when I let off the pedal. I'm slowly getting a better feel for it, but let's just say that more practice is needed.

I either let off slowly enough that I back up further than intended, or I let off quickly enough that it's a fairly jerky stop. I need a super tall seat that also has a headrest :)
Does Recarro make seats for tractors? :D

·
Premium Member
6,605 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,183 Posts
Wow, OK. Wouldn't have thought to use playground sand! What do you use for a blaster (equipment-wise)?

Mike

·
Premium Member
6,605 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
I just sold my blast cabinet with 50 pounds of glass beads and 50 pounds of aluminium oxide. It worked OK. I've done car wheels, chainsaw cases. The plastic/glass window got so blasted it was hard to see through. I'd like to get a bigger cabinet, something a car gender or door will fit in. Let the guy have every thing for $50. It was on FB for 2 months and that was the only bite.

3,131 Posts
Got some time to work on the new to me x728 Friday before the rain came for the rest of the weekend.

It appears my leak on the 45 loader was just a bad o-ring. Time will tell I guess but move around and picked up some dirt and no leak as of yet.

Got the deck off and just the loader on for the first time as well so I could clean up the deck.

Does not appear the underside of the deck had been cleaned in some time as I need a pry bar so scrape off much of this. Debating on if I want to try and get it fully down to metal and coat the rust or just leave it as is.

Deck isn't in bad shape but could use a good bath.

So some degreaser, soap, and a bit of scrubbing and it looks much better.

Also cleaned and UV protected the plastic covers to help extend their life.

What's the name of the degreaser you used.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Can you load them back to back so the plows are side-by-side?
Might also need to have tractors on a slight angle to the centreline of trailer?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Can you load them back to back so the plows are side-by-side?
Might also need to have tractors on a slight angle to the centreline of trailer?
I was thinking the same thing - as long as the tongue weight is still sufficient.

·
Premium Member
6,605 Posts
This is how I transport my plow, pull the pin on top link & tilt plow all the way up & reattach top link to hold plow in this position.

·
Super Moderator
31,835 Posts
This is how I transport my plow, pull the pin on top link & tilt plow all the way up & reattach top link to hold plow in this position. View attachment 2477107
You know, I think you put that up last year, I totally forgot about that. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
6,605 Posts
Cut paths with 112 today

[

·
Premium Member
9,183 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,835 Posts
No, just paint the end of it red... :whistle:

Trailer (and tractors) looks fantastic!

Mike
🤣 🤣 🤣 Had a good laugh at that one!

Thanks, they are a long way from perfect but hopefully will handle plow day well enough.

12161 - 12180 of 12261 Posts