My Tractor Forum banner

11861 - 11880 of 11976 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
My town will let you dump leaves and brush for free. Max 3” diameter. I have some half rotten pieces of an old tree I would love to get rid of. I need to remember to ask what the policy is for that. A dump trailer like that would be perfect for getting rid of that stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3,088 Posts
My Home Depot which is a block away has dump trailers for rent. They are very reasonable. They have two different size Kubotas, a Dingo stand on loader, trencher, mini excavator pretty much all kinds of rental equipment.

20180320_111911.jpg
20180320_111925.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,996 Posts
I always forget about Home Depot for rentals. The closest one is 30 minutes away. But, there's a hardware store in town that rents a lot of equipment, not sure about dump trailers.

Mike

·
Registered
470 Posts

After two days of draining, the kids Covid pool is finally done. Now I have a 15 foot dead patch in the middle of my lawn. I wonder if any of it will come back. Any experience would be appreciated.

·
Registered
350 Posts

After two days of draining, the kids Covid pool is finally done. Now I have a 15 foot dead patch in the middle of my lawn. I wonder if any of it will come back. Any experience would be appreciated.

re-install the pool in the same spot next year

Reactions: Merc1973

·
Premium Member
8,996 Posts
:ditto: :ditto: :ditto:

Beat me to it, LOL...

Mike

·
Super Moderator
31,041 Posts
Add some dirt and have a nice pitchers mound. :) Seriously though if it had nice grass before it won't just come back, get some mulch and topsoil and put some grass seed down to get it to start.

·
Registered
636 Posts
That's really nice trailer. I see a lot of those.
Well, you see lots of dump trailers, not many Pequea's. The dealer I bought my first one from dropped them. I asked why, and he said they "Priced Themselves Out of the Market".The truth is, it's like saying JD priced the 430 out of the market when they came out with the L100 series. I looked at Easy Dumper and BriMar. They had the exact same size trailer at the same price. But, Pequea had diamond plate fenders, they had stamped steel, Diamond plate box steps in front and behind fenders v no steps, 6 lug wheels with brakes v 5 lug wheels no brakes, 5' expanded metal drive on ramp v no ramp-cheap stamped steel tailgate. 5000 GVWR v 3500 GVWR. Tail lights in enclosed welded steel boxes v tail light on bent tin L-bracket. I got mine in PA yesterday at a dealer a few miles down the road from the factory. I asked a guy at the factory what he thought about out pricing themselves. He asked what I paid for my first one 15 years ago, $3300. The same model was on sale a few months ago for $3500, regular price $3900. The others have gone up way more. He said if they made a mistake it was keeping the higher standard, at the same price as the competition, and didn't increase the commission over the years. The dealers could make more selling cheaper trailers. There are some other really nice trailers out there, but my first one is 15 years old and not a speck or rust through, a little surface rust. Brand loyalty rant over.

·
Super Moderator
31,041 Posts
Well, I tested the 3pt. plow with the new shorter top link to make sure it will go into the ground, definitely not skimming over the ground anymore!! :) Making sure I can plow when I get to the Ohio Plow Day.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I need some top soil for fixing a few other problem areas in the yard. I think I will get 5-6 yards delivered next week and spread it around and re-seed. That spot is a little low, so adding a few inches won't hurt.

·
Premium Member
8,996 Posts
Rarefish, I totally get where you're coming from. I feel as strongly about my Anderson utility / landscape trailer (vs box store trailers). Mine also has steel cages around the lights, which has saved them from falling oak rounds numerous times.

One question: What's the advantage of the diamond plate? I always thought that was just chrome bling, but yours is painted black, so I'm totally confused...

Mike

Reactions: Rarefish383

·
Premium Member
8,996 Posts
With the old tractors I could actually sit on the fender and was pretty comfortable. I think starting with the 265, with the hydro direction lever on the right fender I couldn't get over that far and it felt pretty tippy. I did the unmentionable to it so I could lean over far enough and feel comfortable with out cutting the engine off if I leaned too far. The X540 feels higher and more tippy, all safety devices are functional on it.
Here's a pic of one side of the yard. This hill doesn't look like much, but the total height from sidewalk to top of the lawn is at least 6 feet, and you definitely feel it on the tractor. I'm ok on it, but I worry about the kids (my oldest, almost 14, drives the tractor and keeps asking if he can mow).

I just had the bed expanded this summer, to connect between the trees. I should extend it down the hill and leave a strip of grass at the bottom.

The other side of the yard has slightly less pitch to it, and is mostly lawn.

Mike

20200916_104821.jpg
20200916_104833.jpg

Reactions: Rarefish383

·
Registered
636 Posts
Rarefish, I totally get where you're coming from. I feel as strongly about my Anderson utility / landscape trailer (vs box store trailers). Mine also has steel cages around the lights, which has saved them from falling oak rounds numerous times.

One question: What's the advantage of the diamond plate? I always thought that was just chrome bling, but yours is painted black, so I'm totally confused...

Mike
It's basically flat plate steel with diamonds embossed, stamped, however they make it, to add traction. I just went down and snapped a pick of the new fender. I don't know how it's made, it's not stamped because it's smooth on the other side. I'm guessing while it's still glowing red it goes through a roller press with the pattern on it. It's not that much different in pattern than the expanded metal on my tail gate. Now some one could explain why expanded metal is called expanded metal? For me to have had the 5' expanded metal ramp added at production it was $900 extra and I would not have had the short heavy steel tail gate. While I was at the dealers in PA I asked him if he would call over to the factory and see if they had a ramp. Sure did. I had to drive 22 miles and the stuck it in the trailer with a fork lift. So, for the same $900, I have both tail gates. Oh, most of the shiny "bling" diamond plate is either stainless or aluminium.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Here's a pic of one side of the yard. This hill doesn't look like much, but the total height from sidewalk to top of the lawn is at least 6 feet, and you definitely feel it on the tractor. I'm ok on it, but I worry about the kids (my oldest, almost 14, drives the tractor and keeps asking if he can mow).

I just had the bed expanded this summer, to connect between the trees. I should extend it down the hill and leave a strip of grass at the bottom.

The other side of the yard has slightly less pitch to it, and is mostly lawn.

Mike

View attachment 2473626 View attachment 2473627
Mike, make that hill safe for him. I've avoided every safety device and procedure there is, and it's only by the grace of God that I'm alive. The one thing I have always done is wear my seat belt. Back around 76 I wrecked one of my 69 340 Swingers at over 90 MPH. Hit a fire hydrant, then a tree, then came to a stop in a hedge row and walked away. I was only a couple miles from Don's house on Norbeck road. We had a young supervisor at UPS, real good guy. I noticed he always walked with a limp. Then one day we were talking and as I was leaving he stuck his hand out to shake. Then I noticed he only had 3 fingers. I asked what happened to his hand. Rolled the family mower, cut off half his foot and cut his hand in half between his fingers, and lost one.I seem to remember seeing a tractor with a roll indicator on the dash. It was just a bubble level. Has anyone ever seen one on a tractor from the factory? It looked like it belonged there?

11861 - 11880 of 11976 Posts