My Tractor Forum banner

11841 - 11860 of 11976 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,041 Posts
Found a new use for the loader, pulled the ballast off the one 322 without having to pull all the weights. Of course just to mess with me the front end was so heavy I couldn't climb the grade to the shed door and still had to hand unload them!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
That looks really nice. I have 10 window wells that need some care. Mine go 30 to 36 inches below grade. How did you tie in the concrete to the wall?
I honestly did not worry about as the existing sections looked slightly separated already.
the soil here is pretty dense with clay, so seepage at a seam is pretty slow.
plus our frost line is 18", but in reality, we havent seen freeze deeper than 6" in the 10 years I've been in this house.

And I only added about 9" of concrete on top of the existing with a pressure washdown, a little rebar pinning & latex bonding slurry.
(also latex up the wall where you're asking about)
Plus I do the 1st pour a slight bit soupy to get the cream to slough into any crevice.
I find that bonds old to new pretty well
Each well (5) is 6 80#er pours so wet medium dry dry medium medium poking down between pours with the straight edge shovel,
which fits in the form with about an inch width to spare.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Look what followed me home. The dealer close to me called and said my new trailer wouldn't be started on for another 6-8 weeks. He quoted me 3 week turn around when I ordered it. Cancelled order and drove 2.5 hours to a dealer next to the factory. Trailer was $5800 with the short tailgate, and the drive on ramp was an extra $900, so $6700 total. Since I bought it in PA, and I live in MD, I still have to pay 6% sales tax when I get the tags. Thought I was going to have a very Deere day. There was a very nice 265 on the lot. I was all hooked up to the trailer ready to leave, and asked what they wanted for the 265. He said, "Oh, those old Deere's, we let them go for $2-300 just to get rid of them. He came out and said sorry, it's not ours. It belongs to the guy that does our taxes. He's nuts. He wants $1400 for it. OH Well, no Deere. I took a pic from the top of the front yard to see if I could get some perspective on the new and the old trailers. The old is 8'X5' and the new is 10'X6'. Standing next to them it looks like the old one will fit inside the new one, Joe.

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
3,088 Posts
Look what followed me home. The dealer close to me called and said my new trailer wouldn't be started on for another 6-8 weeks. He quoted me 3 week turn around when I ordered it. Cancelled order and drove 2.5 hours to a dealer next to the factory. Trailer was $5800 with the short tailgate, and the drive on ramp was an extra $900, so $6700 total. Since I bought it in PA, and I live in MD, I still have to pay 6% sales tax when I get the tags. Thought I was going to have a very Deere day. There was a very nice 265 on the lot. I was all hooked up to the trailer ready to leave, and asked what they wanted for the 265. He said, "Oh, those old Deere's, we let them go for $2-300 just to get rid of them. He came out and said sorry, it's not ours. It belongs to the guy that does our taxes. He's nuts. He wants $1400 for it. OH Well, no Deere. I took a pic from the top of the front yard to see if I could get some perspective on the new and the old trailers. The old is 8'X5' and the new is 10'X6'. Standing next to them it looks like the old one will fit inside the new one, Joe.

Somebody said its free to dump at the Shady Grove Road place if its less than 500lbs, any thing over is cheap. Is that true?

·
Super Moderator
31,041 Posts
First congrats on the steal!! And that deck is set up for a powerflow has double pulley and powerflow mount by that front deck wheel.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Oldsfan, what a steal.

We had a 69 Cutlas convertible when i was as a kid. My dad let me take it to school on special days. Special place In my heart for those cars and it was only a 350 2bbl auto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
First congrats on the steal!! And that deck is set up for a powerflow has double pulley and powerflow mount by that front deck wheel.
Yep. All the parts for it are in the back of the truck. Needs new bags but not an issue. Couldn't believe the deal.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
Really not sure what to do with it. My daily mower 318 has 1500 hours and really needs some attention. I was thinking of parting out the 316 which has 735 hours and using the engine for the 318. But then I was thinking of turning the 316 into my daily mower and transferring the MCS over to it and this winter going through the 318 and freshening it up. I just don't know.

·
Super Moderator
31,041 Posts
Well if you decide to freshen up the 318 we have a couple of members that deal in Onans that I'm sure could get you what you'd need. They are Boomers_influence and Onanparts.com so if you need to we can try to contact them.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Is that something a shade tree mechanic can tackle? I have no problem doing the work and not afraid of tearing down a motor. Does the block need any machine work if you're freshening it up? I'd love to find a thread that shows someone who refreshed an onan.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Somebody said its free to dump at the Shady Grove Road place if its less than 500lbs, any thing over is cheap. Is that true?
I’m in Frederick County and all yard waste is free. The old trailer is 5000 pound and the new one is 10,000. Howard County is the same. There is a mulch plant in New Market that used to let you dump any yard waste, including whole logs. I took 30” pine logs 8’ long there. But, last time I went you had to buy 2 yards of product, mulch, top soil, stone, first, then dump. I dumped brush at Shady Grove 10-15 years ago and it was Free then. The trailer was maxed out so it was probably 2 tons on it.

11841 - 11860 of 11976 Posts