My Tractor Forum banner

11401 - 11420 of 11448 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Last year when we went to the mountains I saw 2 of them nesting in a tree then they flew as we drove by.
That's cool! It's impressive how big they are. I wouldn't want to **** one off, and I wouldn't want to be a fish when they're hungry.

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
Looks like a baby bull frog Mike, Rana (Lithobates) catesbeiana.
Sure does. We have a swampy area across the street, and hear the bull frogs all the time (at night).

I was really just testing the "picture" feature. I was outside taking pics of my trees for another thread when I saw this guy jump in front of me. No idea why I even took the pic, LOL...

Mike

2,749 Posts
The Country Wagon is cool, and when I finish it, it will be used mostly as a display for my chainsaws. It’s too heavy loaded for my X540. When I had it loaded the other day I dropped it on the court and took it down to the fire pit with the truck. On a level I think it will be great. I have a 3000 pound 4X4 loader that I’ll feel comfortable pulling it. The friend that gave it to me had a JD 2 WD CUT that she used to pull it. She used the CUT to mow 7-8 acres.
I can't wait to see it.

2,749 Posts
I'll never forget the day a giant bird pulled up next to me flying while I was driving. I was going about 25 mph to 30 mph when he got in front of me hovering about six feet above the ground. His wing span was at least the width of the lane. Eight feet or more and he was grey with a giant head. I slowed down to almost a stop and he landed on the side of the road. He look like he was 4 feet tall. I pulled over and got out to get a looked at him. He was huge. I didn't have a camera at the time so I just got back in the car and took off.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I'll never forget the day a giant bird pulled up next to me flying while I was driving. I was going about 25 mph to 30 mph when he got in front of me hovering about six feet above the ground. His wing span was at least the width of the lane. Eight feet or more and he was grey with a giant head. I slowed down to almost a stop and he landed on the side of the road. He look like he was 4 feet tall. I pulled over and got out to get a looked at him. He was huge. I didn't have a camera at the time so I just got back in the car and took off.
He was probably 'hood surfing'. There is a bubble of high pressure air at the front of your car, and it probably floated him along with zero effort on his part. :) That's gotta be fun. :D

·
Registered
413 Posts
I mowed about a third of my lawn that is in partial shade. It is the only area that is growing since it is so dry. I also relocated an old bird bath within reach of the hose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Parts collector
3,442 Posts
That's cool! It's impressive how big they are. I wouldn't want to **** one off, and I wouldn't want to be a fish when they're hungry.
Me either their talons are scary.

Way back in 1984 I was driving on a back road came around a corner and a turkey buzzard was in the middle of the road eating something. It took off and before I could stop and it's left wing hit the top of the driver side of my windshield and spun it in circles like a top. I was driving a 79 Cordoba and you know how big they are. The wingspan was wider than the car! I stopped and jumped out of the car to see if it was ok and it flew off. Not sure it was 4ft tall but it was at least 3ft tall. Man those things are ugly.

2,749 Posts
Me either their talons are scary.

Way back in 1984 I was driving on a back road came around a corner and a turkey buzzard was in the middle of the road eating something. It took off and before I could stop and it's left wing hit the top of the driver side of my windshield and spun it in circles like a top. I was driving a 79 Cordoba and you know how big they are. The wingspan was wider than the car! I stopped and jumped out of the car to see if it was ok and it flew off. Not sure it was 4ft tall but it was at least 3ft tall. Man those things are ugly.
You know maybe it was that what I saw or maybe a falcon. It was on Suitland Parkway which is on the north side of Andrews Air Force base. I thought at first it was maybe a toy plane but when I stop I saw it was a bird.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I got bald eagles that live near my house. See them often. They sit in a tree across the river. On another note finally figured out via research what the mystery issue with my mower shutting off when hot. It is a fuel issue though I have yet to replace the float. This sounds promising though as the tractor runs perfect with no hood on. Soon as the hood goes back on it shuts off when hot.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
On another note finally figured out via research what the mystery issue with my mower shutting off when hot. It is a fuel issue though I have yet to replace the float. This sounds promising though as the tractor runs perfect with no hood on. Soon as the hood goes back on it shuts off when hot.
Wow! Good for you for figuring it out, assuming that fixes it! That is sure not something that would have occurred to me!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Used it to pull the mini hay wagon running gear around back to power wash it, let it set in the sun and dry for a couple hours, then back it in the garage for some green paint.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Still going through my new to me JD212, 1) I started it up with the muffler wrap and I have to say, while I believe the skeptics that the wrap does not improve performance, the engine is much quieter with the muffler wrapped. Ill have pictures of my wrap soon but if it is only for the sound, it was worth it. 2) I determined that the voltage regulator was not working, Replaced it with a cheap Amazon kohler look alike, my voltmeter is telling me it is not working right. The saga continues but Im really enjoying working on this. It is finally dawning on me, these are serious machines. the back plate is 1/4 in steel the engine frame 1/4 steel. The frame rails are more than 1/8 in steel and they are 8inches tall. Im so proud to own this piece of America at her best!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Started checking my 67 RF 112H as to why it stops after 10 minutes of running. Let it cool off for a few minutes and it will start again. It did it as soon as I got it. I changed the coil, condenser, plug and plug wire. Made it start much easier. But even with the new parts it still does it. I used a spark tester and there is no spark till it cools off a little. A new coil or condenser that is defective is possible. JD wants $111.00 for a new coil. Is there a cheaper but reliable alternative ? 12 volt 3ohm w/internal resister is correct ? Also a big shout out to MiniHomesteader for his efforts to get me my plow. The Covid-19 shutdowns at Fastenal made this more difficult.

·
Super Moderator
29,944 Posts
Have a hydraulic leak somewhere on the front of the 322 that has the loader, will have to track that down and fix it! Not an o-ring a major fluid loss. I think it may be at a "repair" that the PO had done that has held up till now.

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
Started checking my 67 RF 112H as to why it stops after 10 minutes of running. Let it cool off for a few minutes and it will start again. It did it as soon as I got it. I changed the coil, condenser, plug and plug wire. Made it start much easier. But even with the new parts it still does it. I used a spark tester and there is no spark till it cools off a little. A new coil or condenser that is defective is possible. JD wants $111.00 for a new coil. Is there a cheaper but reliable alternative ? 12 volt 3ohm w/internal resister is correct ? Also a big shout out to MiniHomesteader for his efforts to get me my plow. The Covid-19 shutdowns at Fastenal made this more difficult.
What engine is in this machine? Does it use points?

Mike

·
Registered
285 Posts
I would think any small engine repair shop should be able to get a coil for a lot less than the JD parts. I am sure that engine family was used in a lot of other mowers and tractors. You might do a google search for Tecumseh HH100 parts to see what comes up.

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
I like blue Bosch Blue coils for air cooled VWs. I have had one on my 214 for years. Interesting the factory coil I took of which off and was still good was a black version also from Bosch. They need to be resistor coils or they will burn up the points. Roger

·
Registered
413 Posts
Should be able to find a blue coil for around $45. Don’t waste your time on amazon junk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,484 Posts
Replaced broken lift strap on 112, the previous owner welded it, twice, I think every 110 112 210 214 140 300 I bought had the adjustable link on arm install wrong like the broken strap on the left.

11401 - 11420 of 11448 Posts