My Tractor Forum banner

11381 - 11400 of 11448 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
It's crazy to think of all the things we've crammed into those little carts. The bigger ones are definitely better once you have one, as long as you don't have big hills for them to push you down.

Mike

2,749 Posts
Well, it's kind of what I did with my JD today, but it was actually yesterday. I took my Red FEL into the shop for a service check up. On the way home I stopped by my fishing buddy's house. They just moved to Florida and I'm mowing the field/building lot they still have for sale. His wife was the gardener in the family and she asked it there was anything around the house I wanted before she gave it to someone else. I said I'd buy her four wheel cart from her. She said, "It's yours". So, since my trailer was empty, I stopped by and loaded it up. It's a pretty stout trailer/cart, built like a small hay/wiggle wagon. It was so hot when I got home yesterday I just left it on the trailer. I just went out and hooked it up to the X540 and pulled it around for a photo op.

That maybe a Country Wagon. Sold by:

Utility Dump Wagons | Trailers for ATV, lawn and garden by Country MFG.

cm7300a.jpg
cm7300b.jpg

Here's the assembly manual:

·
Premium Member
6,484 Posts
Finally got around to replacing some rotted fence posts and a broken rail today. Lots more to go still. Might need a bigger trailer down the road it doesn't hold much.

A 19 cubic foot Ohio Steel trailer can spoil a guy..

·
Parts collector
3,442 Posts
That's about as natural as the river in Chicago on St Patty's Day. What did you put into the pool???

Mike
My wife put "iron out" in it since it was brown and it turned that color then went back to brown.

I had the water tested Thursday. It turns out we have very soft water for a well and soft water attracts metals. So I picked up the stuff to fix it but it hasn't worked yet. Good thing we put off the cookout till next weekend.

Reactions: Rarefish383

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
I'd love to have a Country Wagon cart!

Mopar, good luck with the pool. We were lucky when I was growing up. We had city water, and really never had a problem. But I know that not all water is created equal, and it can be a nightmare to DIY.

CCC, as much as I too dream of having a loader and grapple, and living vicariously through others, I really love seeing what guys can do with basic tools like those "little" 10 cuft carts!!!

Mike

Reactions: cccoltsicehockey

·
Registered
393 Posts
The Country Wagon is cool, and when I finish it, it will be used mostly as a display for my chainsaws. It’s too heavy loaded for my X540. When I had it loaded the other day I dropped it on the court and took it down to the fire pit with the truck. On a level I think it will be great. I have a 3000 pound 4X4 loader that I’ll feel comfortable pulling it. The friend that gave it to me had a JD 2 WD CUT that she used to pull it. She used the CUT to mow 7-8 acres.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yesterday was a big day. 1) I painted my JD212, I had just recently bought it and took the panels off in order to put the lead hammer to it and bounce out a few dents, most of them came out nice. I then prepped primed and painted it with a base coat of garden green from ACE hardware. It looked ok and I was going to leave it but then I decided to head over and buy some of the Krylon JD green. Wow, that stuff is a fantastic spraying paint. I painted the top side of all the panels and Ill finish up the inside of the panels next weekend. 2) I bought rear lights for it (thank you ACE Hardware for carrying these) and Ill swap out the bulbs to LEDs. 3) I put LED headlights in too. Well, more to come.

·
Premium Member
6,484 Posts
Yesterday was a big day. 1) I painted my JD212, I had just recently bought it and took the panels off in order to put the lead hammer to it and bounce out a few dents, most of them came out nice. I then prepped primed and painted it with a base coat of garden green from ACE hardware. It looked ok and I was going to leave it but then I decided to head over and buy some of the Krylon JD green. Wow, that stuff is a fantastic spraying paint. I painted the top side of all the panels and Ill finish up the inside of the panels next weekend. 2) I bought rear lights for it (thank you ACE Hardware for carrying these) and Ill swap out the bulbs to LEDs. 3) I put LED headlights in too. Well, more to come.
Pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Super Moderator
29,944 Posts
First welcome to MTF Paul! Lots of info here and great members to help you too, enjoy the site! So we all like tractor eye candy here so pictures of your machine and the painting process or completed would be nice. Here is some navigation and picture posting assistance (although you can just drag and drop pictures) in case you need it:

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
Welcome to MTF, Paul!

You can also upload pics directly from your phone. I use the attachment option (paper clip icon), didn't really know how the picture icon worked, but just tested it, that's pretty cool too!

Random pic of a random frog on my lawn...

Mike

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well, My kayak is green, so I’ll say I was on my John Deere water tractor. Wife and I were on a small creek by Lake Ontario when my wife pointed out a bird flying around that landed on a tree. She thought it was a bald eagle and as we got closer, seemed like she was right. Head wasn't as white, so may not be a full adult, but this was the closest we have seen one.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Very cool! We've been fortunate enough to see a few bald eagles whole different places, they are really something.

We saw this guy hanging out in a tree while on a guided raft trip at the Grand Tetons last year. Beautiful area, and beautiful bird. We even saw one or two others that day, but they were further away. I was lucky, this one came out pretty well.

·
Premium Member
9,535 Posts
Welcome to MTF, Paul!

You can also upload pics directly from your phone. I use the attachment option (paper clip icon), didn't really know how the picture icon worked, but just tested it, that's pretty cool too!

Random pic of a random frog on my lawn...

Mike

View attachment 2467416
Looks like a baby bull frog Mike, Rana (Lithobates) catesbeiana.

·
Parts collector
3,442 Posts
Very cool! We've been fortunate enough to see a few bald eagles whole different places, they are really something.

We saw this guy hanging out in a tree while on a guided raft trip at the Grand Tetons last year. Beautiful area, and beautiful bird. We even saw one or two others that day, but they were further away. I was lucky, this one came out pretty well.
Last year when we went to the mountains I saw 2 of them nesting in a tree then they flew as we drove by.

Attachments

11381 - 11400 of 11448 Posts